Hacking Coverflow7 USB Loader

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cdreams, how would you do the skewed boxart on the options menu? Currently, this loader doesn't use the right libraries to manipulate an image to make it show up like that...

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
Hey Don.

Yeah I'm just fidling with the images just now so will see if I can fit in the wiimote if possible.

I have some other things for you which I was actually quite taken back by when my brother told me but made sense, it's more anal but just shows quality really so if your interested I can discuss with you.

Posts merged

Hey Gitkua

Wiinublet has already made the images and they have the boxartand image together but it's only the same size as an original image, so it would just load the image but it's already skewed previously so nothing is needed to be done.

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
didn't know that! Cool
smile.gif
And those 3d like images can be downloaded via the network?

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
@cd:
go ahead mate just throw them here or pm them as i'm off to bed now.

@gitkua:
i know what you mean but maybe we're gonna use the main pitcure to show up in the settings.
we've seen through previous pages that those cover art boxes can be downloaded off the net and can be integrated just like in the cfg/ultimate loaders.
need time to think about it and i don't have much tonight.
see you all tomorrow.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Wiinublet was saying that Djtaz already has them on his site, which surprised me too, I never even knew lol. he is also editing all NTSC and PAl covers like this so they can be used. So as far as I know they will be available for download.

As I mentioned it would be good to have the options to select whether you could have the whole loader use 2D or 3D boxart. Then you just choose what you prefer.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
LOL yeah sorry Don, making it complicated
tongue.gif

Anything that is too much just say. I think too many options are a bad thing so yeah I would like to minimise as much as possible. Maybe it can be just something we can add to the config text ourselves but the actual loader just does one or the other.

Anyhoo, I'll let you know about the other stuff soon, have a good night sleep and speak soon.

biggrin.gif

wiinublet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The images on djtaz's site are transparent though so the auto download would only work on a black background. he does not have my white edited images on his site so an auto download with the white background would create a black box around the 3d cover. It is why I am having to edit the images.

coedshowers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 200gb 3.5 hd( powered ) and a 500gb 2.5 ( powered by 2x usb ports ). the 300gb works fine but the 500 gives me a "press any key to restart " like it cannot find the 500gb... the other loader I use ( usbloader my turn release ) which cant touch the coolness factor of coverflow7. but it has a countdown for finding the usb drives and if u hit a when the countdown is going it loads up my 500gb I don't know if pressing a just resets the usb ports or if it sends a initialization command to the external or what but whatever method they use I think dk or someone should try to implement it in this coverflow release please
wink.gif

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
wiinublet said:
Ok here is an update or additional theme to use with the loader. My internet is slow so I'm still uploading the NTSC-U 3d covers pack. I'll be posting a link for it once its up.

MAIN.PNG
mainnew.png

CONFIG.PNG
confignewe.png

the console frame cuts off a tad at the top of the main.png I'll fix that later.

Don:

Is there any way you could make the width of the console smaller? or by chance I could help you test out your alpha4 to ensure my theme is going to be compatible with it since you have centered the text?

PLEASE USE THIS AS THE MAIN MENU

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DK, do you still intent to release the alpha4 this weekend ??? I thought you would release yesterday, and I'd like to test it....

Thanks...

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
lexlth

I'm sure he wanted to but there is a pretty nasty bug which causes it to crash if you scroll to far either left or right and you have to restart your Wii, so I think he wants to eliminate that first.

I'm just guessing that is why it's not been released but it makes sense. So I know lots of you are anxiously waiting for it but don't worry it will come soon enough I'm sure.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Hey Ganon sorry for slow response.

Keep any images you make as the loader will possibly be able to do custom backgrounds as long as you edit some settings to match, like the coordinates of where your images are to load (the x coordinate must be a multiple of 4 remember, so 4, 8 12 ect).

I'm going to have 4 backgrounds ready for the loader as defaults. The Dark and Light ones you have seen me working on, in both 4:3 and 16:9 versions, so if your not wanting to do anything, you can basically load it up and away you go.

If your wanting to make custom backgrounds then you can and hopefully we will see some really nice ones like the bookshelf one, I liked that
smile.gif
You will be able to do it all yourself though. It's just a bit difficult for me to try get these ones ready including templates so you have the options to use my template parts and tweak them or move them, and then be taking everyone else's and adding then.

For now make a backgrounds folder inside sd:/usb-loaderAB/ and save them all in there. the loader may allow switching of themes/backgrounds via the Settings page, so once it's confirmed and the setup is known then it will only be a small change to set it up to access them and use the ones you want.

SolidMetal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody give me the web site for djtaz so i can get some of those covers, i can't really download the big file ( still on crappy dial up)
thanks guys.

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
cdreams said:
lexlth

I'm sure he wanted to but there is a pretty nasty bug which causes it to crash if you scroll to far either left or right and you have to restart your Wii, so I think he wants to eliminate that first.

I'm just guessing that is why it's not been released but it makes sense. So I know lots of you are anxiously waiting for it but don't worry it will come soon enough I'm sure.

Thankyou, CD... I'll wait. No problem... of course that fixing that bug iss much more important... I just wanted to know what happaned...

DIXES

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
When game list focus on first game or last game, pressing button Up or Down on Wiimote can't scroll the game list fast.
Normally, pressing button Up or Down on Wiimote can jump three games once on game list. Is it a bug ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Made out of an entire pizza box.