Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Matt M

Zeldafan1993
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any chance of a new beta build of USBL GX to enable the d2x 10 beta 53 alt functions? ( both usb ports, hotswap HDD's )
that guide that's in my post was written last night and he put at the bottom of the guide that "as of writing this wiiflow is the only 1 that supports it so far"

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that guide is for vWii

I think Hielkenator is asking for Wii.
USBLoaderGX already support dual port with d2x v9+
I don't know about hotswap, I think it's meant to USB accessories like mic/wiispeak/etc. and has nothing to do with the loader.

For hotswapping HDD, you can disconnect it, reconnect another, go to settings > HDD settings > click on partitions to refresh it. (But I don't remember if it works only if you booted without a HDD).

It's not the best place to discuss it either :P

Matt M

Zeldafan1993
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that guide is for vWii

I think Hielkenator is asking for Wii.
USBLoaderGX already support dual port with d2x v9+
I don't know about hotswap, I think it's meant to USB accessories like mic/wiispeak/etc. and has nothing to do with the loader.

For hotswapping HDD, you can disconnect it, reconnect another, go to settings > HDD settings > click on partitions to refresh it. (But I don't remember if it works only if you booted without a HDD).

It's not the best place to discuss it either :P
sorry forgot its there is a Wii and vWii version,

but i did test about 3 games i tried Golden eye 007 work Flawlessly tried Kirby Dream Collection i can boot the game and then i got pick a classic game to load and it goes to the Wii menu and i tried playing Back to the future and after i select a "episode" it goes to the home menu as well um do we have a Vwii game compatibility List cuz it might be a good idea to start one if there is not 1 i can start one if you guys like?

edit: im copying my other 50 games over to my HDD right now too

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you need a hard drive that has its own power supply or something? my hard drive keeps powering off and on and hbc cant find it b/c it keeps doing that.. my hd is a powered by usb type that works fine in normal wii use.. or like the wiiU, it has to be pwoered by its own adapter or have a y-cable?

Skyb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok guys i try myself on my Wii U with IOS236 and co.

So i launch Wiiflow on vWii, the games are detected but when i try to launch a game, the WiiFlow and Wii U Freeze, i need to unplug the power cable to turn off the Wii U.
I install the right IOS from the Wii U on 56/57/58 (-> 249/250/251) ever one Beta 53 Alt and Beta 52 doesn't help at all (i have a Wii U Pal)

I try 2 different external storage on the front and back USB Port, same problem... so i try to dump again the IOS but anyway it didn't change at all... so i'm a little bit lost in here, usually i'm not but i wonder why the Wii U Froze

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well then guys, as promised, a new d2x installer working on vwii!
http://www.mediafire.com/?6bmthtyas3q17cr
You dont need any wads or ios236 installer or whatever, just grab the latest d2x package, place it in, start the installer and install ;)
Thanks again to damysteryman for the new patches, they helped me out with those error messages alot :)
Merry christmas guys and have fun!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the whole format HDD prompt message that pops up when using an HDD on the Wii U? That's going to be an issue, especially if someone clicks "yes". Now that some git removed the tutorial, we need a new, up-to-date and less confusing guide on USB loading.

Reactions: talha746

MTwinlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fix94 you mean the we can install wads with your d2x installer without install first the ios236 on a vWii? so now we only have to install HBC and then the new d2x installer right? :)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fix94 you mean the we can install wads with your d2x installer without install first the ios236 on a vWii? so now we only have to install HBC and then the new d2x installer right? :)
Exactly, and of course the v10 vWii package placed into the folder with the boot.dol ;)

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Lego Batman uses IOS33. That IOS doesn't support SDHC. Bannerbomb runs under the System Menu IOS so for newer System Menus SDHC will work, but I guess it won't for very old ones...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44