Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll most likely do that tomorrow and give you that stuff ;)
Great!!!

Hey guys, just a question.

Has d2x Cios Installer been updated to be compatible with motion plus controllers? Just tried the app for the first time and mi Wiimote just stops working.

Is there any solution for this?

Thank you.
When FIX94 will update the installer that issue will be fixed too. In fact it's just a matter of libogc.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@user asking for the wad files:
The d2x cIOS v10 are like the previous d2x cIOS, you install them the same way.

Stop asking for the Wad files, you won't find them here and nobody will link to wad files either. The wad files contains copyrighted code (the IOS).
You need to build them yourself using modMii or the cIOS-installer directly on the console.
If you want to install it on vWii, you'll have to get your own vWii's IOS first

If you want to use the cIOS installer, follow the guide.
If you want to install d2x on WiiU's virtual Wii, please read carefully Davebaol post and everything related to WiiU's vWii mode. You can brick your Virtual Wii if you don't understand what you are doing!

Reactions: Etheboss

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway you can dump the vWii NAND so I can obtain the IOS' on my own is there any applications I can get them so I can start playing off my vWii?

pancholiu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I just recompiled the installer to support motion+ remotes if anybody needs it. I haven't tested it out myself as I don't have a new motion+ remote, but it should work fine:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kfulqkxpi69ids7

Works perfectly. Thank you very much.

Could you do the same with d2x Cios Installer 2.2? Someone had problems with 3.1 in the previous page.

Thanks for everything guys, you are great.

Reactions: JoostinOnline

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
ok can someone clear up some confusion i have here. I have a wii not a wiiu and im currently running d2x v8final. Does v10 have any benefit on the wii? or is it just useful on the wiiu? & if it does do i just install it like every other d2x version i have installed?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You install v10 like V8 and all other version. (modmii or installer)
Main (only?) benefit is a better USB HDD detection/support.
If your HDD is already working fine, you don't need it. (or maybe the alt version, with plug and play and dual port support).

Changelog from v8 to v10 said:
* Added support for Virtual Wii bases 56/57/58.
* Fixed an EHCI issue in ReadCapacity that prevented certain usb devices from working (tnx to digicroxx).
* Fixed an EHCI issue in GetDescriptors that prevented certain usb devices from working (tnx to digicroxx).
* Removed from ciosmaps.xml the patch to skip the process id check inside os_software_IRQ(4).
* Fixed content id for bases 60/70/80 in ciosmaps.xml (tnx to dragbe).
* Added maked2x.sh to build the cios on Linux (tnx to r-win).
* Added stripios source to svn.
* Removed the easter egg introduced by Waninkoko in cios rev20.
* Minor changes and code clean up.
Changelog for V10 alt

The "alt" version of v10 is the "v9 beta r49" (with features like multi USB Port support, plug and play, etc.) with vWii support.
You can check the changelog file of both versions to see the differences between normal and alternative version.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok can someone clear up some confusion i have here. I have a wii not a wiiu and im currently running d2x v8final. Does v10 have any benefit on the wii? or is it just useful on the wiiu?
Basically
v10 = v8 + problematic hdd fix from v9 + vWii support
and
v10-alt = v9 + vWii support
& if it does do i just install it like every other d2x version i have installed?
Yes, for real wii the install process is the same as before.

Reactions: Maxternal

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thank you. Sorry for more questions but does v10 & v10 alt have the same compatibility with emunand games? Cuz if one is based off v8 and one is based off version v9 i know v8 had alot better emunand compatibility so should i go with v10 normal? Sorry just tryna decide which one to install.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
IOS56 = 249
IOS57 = 250 ???
IOS58 = ???
Doesn't matter. I use 56->249/57->250/58->248.

Also, about using 2.2 vs 3.1, that's because 3.1 doesn't allow you to manually select the IOS to use for installation, since it supports AHBPROT access, so it recognizes that it has AHB access on IOS58 and won't allow you to switch to 236. For now, use v2.2 which allows you to manually select 236. Once the installer is updated to support the vWii IOS patches, you won't need to use 2.2 or install 236.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when downloading ios56 metadata in the d2x installer i get net_gethostbyname failed: -6 if i use version 2.2 of the installer, i get: Error making http request

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You guys should read more carefully: http://gbatemp.net/threads/ciosx-rev21d2x-yet-another-hot-fix.277659/page-149#post-4490001

Thank you. Sorry for more questions but does v10 & v10 alt have the same compatibility with emunand games? Cuz if one is based off v8 and one is based off version v9 i know v8 had alot better emunand compatibility so should i go with v10 normal? Sorry just tryna decide which one to install.
Read the wiki page

when downloading ios56 metadata in the d2x installer i get net_gethostbyname failed: -6
For vWii you can't download the base, you have to dump it yourself.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I tried v10-beta52(cIOS249[56]) on my Wii and everything worked .

However, after I installed v10beta52(or beta53) on my WiiU(vWii),
most of my HD can't be detected by all USB Loaders
(GX 1207,CFG r50,Wiiflow 4.0.5) except my 32GB thumb drive worked.
(SD/SDHC is no probem to be detected by all USB Loaders)

Is there anyone got the same problem ?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter. I use 56->249/57->250/58->248.

Also, about using 2.2 vs 3.1, that's because 3.1 doesn't allow you to manually select the IOS to use for installation, since it supports AHBPROT access, so it recognizes that it has AHB access on IOS58 and won't allow you to switch to 236. For now, use v2.2 which allows you to manually select 236. Once the installer is updated to support the vWii IOS patches, you won't need to use 2.2 or install 236.
You can just edit the meta.xml file to use a default IOS.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys should read more carefully: http://gbatemp.net/threads/ciosx-rev21d2x-yet-another-hot-fix.277659/page-149#post-4490001

Read the wiki page

For vWii you can't download the base, you have to dump it yourself.

How do you dump it yourself no one is explaining that! instead I'm being ignored which is a bothers me since people want to keep information for themselves and not help anyone out! Is there anything on how to do this anyone have a tutorial on this. Please post it.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
How do you dump it yourself no one is explaining that! instead I'm being ignored which is a bothers me since people want to keep information for themselves and not help anyone out! Is there anything on how to do this anyone have a tutorial on this. Please post it.

Look at damysteryman's sticky in the WiiU section. He posted a modified version of FSToolbox that works on the vWii. Dump your vWii filesystem then use ShowMiiWads to pack the IOS wads. Then rename them by adding the -64- in the filename. Supposedly, Blue Dump should work too, but it always code dumps for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah some of us have to stop at x6 not all of us are lucky to stop at x30 like you