Gaming BotW Keo Ruug Shrine Major Glitch

macschwag14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've put about 60 hours into Breath of the Wild without any issues until now. Whenever I descend into the Keo Ruug shrine in the Lost Woods, the image just becomes different colored grey blocks and triangles that morph against the screen. I can longer see Link or the inside of the shrine; just a grey, abstract mess. The shrine's intro text, though, displays correctly and so do all of the game menus. Consequently, I can't navigate or complete the shrine.

Any ideas? I'm playing on a Wii U (8GB model) with Haxchi. The game is on a Y-cabled USB 3 external drive, and is patched. The first patched was the fake-signed version.

Last edited by macschwag14,

Lezil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never had any problems on my official disk + update - have logged over 100 hours in normal and probably another 30 in master

Reactions: KiiWii

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've put about 60 hours into Breath of the Wild without any issues until now. Whenever I descend into the Keo Ruug shrine in the Lost Woods, the image just becomes different colored grey blocks and triangles that morph against the screen. I can longer see Link or the inside of the shrine; just a grey, abstract mess. The shrine's intro text, though, displays correctly and so do all of the game menus. Consequently, I can't navigate or complete the shrine.

Any ideas? I'm playing on a Wii U (8GB model) with Haxchi. The game is on a Y-cabled USB 3 external drive, and is patched. The first patched was the fake-signed version.
I have heard of people having similar glitches in certain areas. I think someone said their issue was solved when they moved the game to NAND, but obviously that's not an option for you. Are you using a flash drive or a HDD?
Also, have you tried reinstalling the game/update?

macschwag14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard of people having similar glitches in certain areas. I think someone said their issue was solved when they moved the game to NAND, but obviously that's not an option for you. Are you using a flash drive or a HDD?
Also, have you tried reinstalling the game/update?

I ended up fixing it by deleting the updates and the game and then downloading the game from a different source. I also took the official updates. It worked great after that and every shrine since has been fine as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol