BotW Keo Ruug Shrine Major Glitch

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by macschwag14, May 19, 2017.

1. macschwag14
    OP

macschwag14 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2013
    United States
    I've put about 60 hours into Breath of the Wild without any issues until now. Whenever I descend into the Keo Ruug shrine in the Lost Woods, the image just becomes different colored grey blocks and triangles that morph against the screen. I can longer see Link or the inside of the shrine; just a grey, abstract mess. The shrine's intro text, though, displays correctly and so do all of the game menus. Consequently, I can't navigate or complete the shrine.

Any ideas? I'm playing on a Wii U (8GB model) with Haxchi. The game is on a Y-cabled USB 3 external drive, and is patched. The first patched was the fake-signed version.

Last edited by macschwag14, May 19, 2017
  2. Lezil

Lezil Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2017
    United States
    I have never had any problems on my official disk + update - have logged over 100 hours in normal and probably another 30 in master

KiiWii likes this.
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I have heard of people having similar glitches in certain areas. I think someone said their issue was solved when they moved the game to NAND, but obviously that's not an option for you. Are you using a flash drive or a HDD?
    Also, have you tried reinstalling the game/update?

4. macschwag14
    OP

macschwag14 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2013
    United States
    I ended up fixing it by deleting the updates and the game and then downloading the game from a different source. I also took the official updates. It worked great after that and every shrine since has been fine as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice