Translation Dragon Quest X Offline English mod

Ligeia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looking once again for any info on an English patch for DQ X Offline today, I had the very pleasant surprise to find out a patch is now available ! I didn't see it mentioned here so I figured I might as well do it, I hope it's okay.

You can get it here : https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonquestxoffline/mods/2?tab=files&BH=1

Many thanks to the modders ! It's a bit rough around the edges as far as I could tell, the main issue being you can't name your character using latin alphabet, but it makes the game playable at last.

1701622105688.png

1701622145566.png

1701622178920.png

Last edited by Ligeia,

fflegend05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can it works with the new update v.2.0.1
Yes It does but last I checked the full game is not translated. There are still parts that are in Japanese. Also there were a few times that I had to remove the mod because the game would not progress. There were areas where characters should be during the second expansion that did not appear because of the mod so the game would not progress. This happened multiple time so save often and keep multiple save files just in case. I spent over 400 hours playing this game and that's without the post game content.

fflegend05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it chibi, I thought this game had regular models?
The character models during gameplay are in that chibi style but the animated sequences in the game use the full-size models from the online game. There are some still frame images that also use the chibi models.

dqxdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ligeia thanks for posting this.

The patch should work fine with version 2.0.1 and we arent aware of any game breaking bugs in the current patch version.

Please let us know if any bugs or typos are found. We're happy to straighten those out for the next patch. Screenshots of the text causing the softlock, or typos are preferred otherwise they can be difficult for us to find.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad to see this is a thing. i hope it gets further support.

it's cause the offline version intentionally chose chibis as part of the artstyle.
The character models during gameplay are in that chibi style but the animated sequences in the game use the full-size models from the online game. There are some still frame images that also use the chibi models.
I only asked because I'm familiar with the Wii version that is sadly not offline.

dqxdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only asked because I'm familiar with the Wii version that is sadly not offline.
The sibling story from the prologue can still be played offline (in an emulator). Its not a lot of content but still a few hours of play and is almost lost content, being that it has been removed from any current versions of the game.

There isn't any English translation for it though.

Reactions: Ligeia

mike9k1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also there were a few times that I had to remove the mod because the game would not progress. There were areas where characters should be during the second expansion that did not appear because of the mod so the game would not progress.

Can you specify any of these incidents so our team can actually look at this and have a chance to fix it?

Like, where did this occur and at what point in the game?

It might also be worth noting what version of the mod you were on at the time as well, considering that there have been substantial changes over time. The initial release (v0.0.1), for example, had a number of issues that we ironed out in later updates.

This game isn't small and the scope of a translation project like this is quite large. Bug reports help us identify issues a lot faster as our workflow is probably 80-85% translation and 15-20% playtesting.

Reactions: Ligeia

fflegend05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you specify any of these incidents so our team can actually look at this and have a chance to fix it?

Like, where did this occur and at what point in the game?

It might also be worth noting what version of the mod you were on at the time as well, considering that there have been substantial changes over time. The initial release (v0.0.1), for example, had a number of issues that we ironed out in later updates.

This game isn't small and the scope of a translation project like this is quite large. Bug reports help us identify issues a lot faster as our workflow is probably 80-85% translation and 15-20% playtesting.
Let me say first great job on the translation and thanks to you and your team on this project. Sorry for the late response but once I put this game down and I didn't even want to think about it again. I am still working on posting my review online for this game. It was mentally draining trying to get through this game and all its quest. The section below takes below during the second expansion.

In the " Memory of Mishua (Gran Zedora Castle), its a flashback to the past where you follow butterflies around to different sections to progress the story. In one part you follow the butterfly to a balcony for a scene, then you return back inside to speak with a hooded person standing by the stairs heading down. When I had the english mod installed the hooded person did not show up and I couldn't progress the story. I tried rebooting my switch, but it didn't change. I removed the mod and the hooded person was there, the story progressed forward. The same thing happened when I went to follow the butterflies to the throne room. The hooded person who was supposed to be there was not here again, so the event did not take place. I removed the mod again and the event with the hooded in the throne room happened. The next event with the hooded man takes place on the first floor of this area at an alter and again with the mod in place he doesn't show up, remove the mod and the scene takes place like it should. I am guessing because the hooded person dialogue is voiced, they may cause the problem because with the mod in place there is no voice dialogue, and the hooded person is completely gone. I played through this sequence in early November 2023, so I had the recent patch installed and then a new patch came in November so Installed it. There was another area but I have to look through the notes I made. Again great job on this and thanks.

Last edited by fflegend05,
Reactions: JohnathanMonkey

mike9k1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the " Memory of Mishua (Gran Zedora Castle), its a flashback to the past where you follow butterflies around to different sections to progress the story. In one part you follow the butterfly to a balcony for a scene, then you return back inside to speak with a hooded person standing by the stairs heading down. When I had the english mod installed the hooded person did not show up and I couldn't progress the story. I tried rebooting my switch, but it didn't change. I removed the mod and the hooded person was there, the story progressed forward. The same thing happened when I went to follow the butterflies to the throne room. The hooded person who was supposed to be there was not here again, so the event did not take place. I removed the mod again and the event with the hooded in the throne room happened. The next event with the hooded man takes place on the first floor of this area at an alter and again with the mod in place he doesn't show up, remove the mod and the scene takes place like it should. I am guessing because the hooded person dialogue is voiced, they may cause the problem because with the mod in place there is no voice dialogue, and the hooded person is completely gone. I played through this sequence in early November 2023, so I had the recent patch installed and then a new patch came in November so Installed it. There was another area but I have to look through the notes I made. Again great job on this and thanks.

Very good. I'll share this on our Discord and open a bug report on the mod page as well so this can be looked into. Thank you!

Reactions: fflegend05

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Looking once again for any info on an English patch for DQ X Offline today, I had the very pleasant surprise to find out a patch is now available ! I didn't see it mentioned here so I figured I might as well do it, I hope it's okay.

You can get it here : https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonquestxoffline/mods/2?tab=posts&BH=1

Many thanks to the modders ! It's a bit rough around the edges as far as I could tell, the main issue being you can't name your character using latin alphabet, but it makes the game playable at last.

View attachment 407175
View attachment 407176
View attachment 407177
My friend can you share the correct folder path? Ill be very thankfull as im not really good at these suff :D

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me say first great job on the translation and thanks to you and your team on this project. Sorry for the late response but once I put this game down and I didn't even want to think about it again. I am still working on posting my review online for this game. It was mentally draining trying to get through this game and all its quest. The section below takes below during the second expansion.

Thank you for this! I was losing my mind trying to figure out where to go!

Reactions: fflegend05

mike9k1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very good. I'll share this on our Discord and open a bug report on the mod page as well so this can be looked into. Thank you!

Sorry it's taken so long to follow up here -

We've taken some time to look into this right after v0.1.2's release last week. We initially had a couple different theories as to what the cause of this bug was.

One theory was that it could be caused by a malformed tag in the cutscene dialogue preventing something from triggering. However, that wasn't exactly lining up with what was stated and there didn't appear to be any malformed tags when we looked back over the dialogue.

The 2nd theory was that this could be caused somehow by the NpcInfo datatable. I had once run into something like this before when I ran a corrupted version of this table and it was a very similar symptom: with NPCs just disappearing entirely.

The NpcInfo table is what stores the NPC names, such that when you talk to these NPCs the tag reflects who you are talking to on the dialog box. However, it also stores quite a lot of other NPC data, including the location of NPCs, their appearance, etc.

When I went back and checked the NpcInfo table, I noticed that the one included with the mod was incomplete.. it appears to be from v1. I went ahead and dumped the full v2 NpcInfo table, re-ran the scripts to change the names and imported the data.

This new NpcInfo table will be included in the next release and I strongly suspect it will fix this issue. I hope to have v0.1.3 out sometime later this week.

Edit (1/20/24): It's looking like this issue is fixed now on v0.1.3

Last edited by mike9k1,

2K417

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Anyone tried this on v1.0.2 ([v131072]) of the game? I tried it with English_Translation_Switch_v0.1.4 but the game wont start I just got an error message.

The software was closed because an error occurred.

Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, That is definitely exciting news. +1