Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest: Shōgeki no Shippo Dan translation question

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been waiting forever for an English translation to this wonderful DQ game (Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest: Shōgeki no Shippo Dan). I always enjoyed playing Rocket Slime on the DS and I still look forward to playing the translated Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 3 title.

I've only seen a remnant of a ghost for a translation of this GBA title floating around. By now, that's truly sad to see such wasted efforts.
However, I'm not convinced that I've searched every corner of the internet. Has anybody else here had any luck finding an English translation for this game?

Client444

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I got tired of waiting and just played on retroarch with AI on screen translation. Not like the text metters too much.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I remember that this was one of the most anticipated and coveted translation projects of AGTP. Unfortunately, of this one, as of other titles, there is no more news, and all those who dared to ask something about them on their Discord were immediately attacked and kicked out, with no possibility of reply, which is intolerable and completely incomprehensible. On this point, Gideon's usually open and helpful attitude has undergone an abrupt upheaval, unexplained to this day. 🤔

iball

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One would think that with the recent explosion of AI - especially AI models that can be run at home - that more translations would be coming out at a faster rate.
The AI model I run at home can translate Japanese Twitch chat in real-time.
Shouldn't be too hard for someone experienced in the ROM translation realm to dump the cart/game, toss the text into an AI for initial translation, edit that translation to reflect the language/culture they're translating it to, and then re-write the ROM with the new translation, bearing in mind spacing on the screen, fonts, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto