Are there any Wii games left to translate? What would you like to see!

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone consider English patch for giftpia?
translation was complete way back (2011?) by the team at kirameki, and user Mark_Ass (Capt Rainbow patch) at romhacking had a peep, said it would be pretty straightforward, aaaaaand………..nuthin’ :(

I would love this one to be translated.

Reactions: zfreeman and Felold

wiiAdventurer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just discovered another game that might be an interesting curiosity called Sugoro Chronicle: Migite ni Ken o Hidarite ni Saikoro o.
97473_front.jpg
Looks like a board game/RPG hybrid similar to Dokapon Kingdom, and may or may not be related to the Sugoro Quest games on the FC/SFC?

There's like barely any footage of it out there bizzarely, but what I saw of it looks pretty neat. Might be quite the undertaking to translate, though.

Thanks for bringing that up! I had seen it a while back but think I didn't include it in the OP because I couldn't get a good read on it from the little footage that exists. The reviews from Famitsu were negative but the comments seem mixed with the biggest negative being how long it takes.

For anyone with a passing interest on this, here is a video of gameplay. Here is the opening video and here is a small playthrough. Definitely seems like it would be text heavy. Interesting that it was made by Compile Heart. Seems to be a mesh between Dokapon Kingdom and Fortune/Boom Street.

I will say, I love the cover.

Could anyone consider English patch for giftpia?
translation was complete way back (2011?) by the team at kirameki, and user Mark_Ass (Capt Rainbow patch) at romhacking had a peep, said it would be pretty straightforward, aaaaaand………..nuthin’ :(

I would love this one to be translated.

As I mentioned to another user, please keep this to Wii only. Other platforms can have their own topic. There is plenty on Wii to discuss!

Last edited by wiiAdventurer,

NewGBAXL

Professional Helirin Pilot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be great to see translations of European PAL games that were never released in English. Here are some examples:

Taxi 3: Le Jeu [GXQF41]
Germany's Next Top Model 2010 [SG3DSV]
Germany's Next Top Model 2011 [SGQDSV]
TV Total Events [STVDSV]
Mein neues Leben Abenteuer auf Tropicana [SD8DSV]
Fort Boyard [RFYFMR]
it's that time of the day to reply to old messages
let's see I translated Taxi 3: Le Jeu / The Game a couple of months ago and it was a very straightforward process. As per custom I watched the movie first before playing the game, and this was the third in the series so the other 2 came first. Very much enjoyed the movies. Action / comedy.

second, yesterday I just took a look at "Mein neues Leben Abenteuer auf Tropicana" (My New Life: Adventures in Tropicana), and I have a few things to say. First the game text is very easy to edit, and early incomplete English translation is in the files. If you want to try it out on Dolphin, extract the game to folder, then go to /Vision/Data/data/Languages/ and copy over english.dat to german.dat (delete german, rename english to german).
Second, as easy as it will be to translate, the game sucks. Life simulator that does random repetitive fetch quests etc, tank controls, crappy fixed camera angle, etc. There's a timer in the hub world so you don't have time to explore during earlier parts of the game. It costs money to move from place to place but also infinite loading screens. Don't waste your time lol. Of course if you want to play anyway, you can use the above "hack" to play in English. If for whatever reason you actually enjoy the game I can take a closer look at it but hopefully after 5 minutes you will understand what a joy this was to play. This made me want to write a game review ngl

I like German/Spanish/French exclusive games to translate because they are normally setup in such a way to promote translation into English.

Last edited by NewGBAXL,

IBAnk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
I like German/Spanish/French exclusive games to translate because they are normally setup in such a way to promote translation into English.
Hello there. Is the translation of Fort Boyard game planned? This show was very popular in my country back then, sometimes I try to play that game on Wii, but I cannot understand anything, I do use translator apps simultaneously, but anyway, it is really hard to "feel" the gameplay. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: NewGBAXL

NewGBAXL

Professional Helirin Pilot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there. Is the translation of Fort Boyard game planned? This show was very popular in my country back then, sometimes I try to play that game on Wii, but I cannot understand anything, I do use translator apps simultaneously, but anyway, it is really hard to "feel" the gameplay. Thanks in advance.
So I just took a look at the game, and presumably it uses Localization.txt to store text. Problem is, the game data is packed in a virtual ISO / disc image (.dat, with .toc) which I have not had any success in opening yet. The .toc format is similar to the disc image format of GameCube games but lacks the normal GCN headers. If anyone has a method to view the disc image that would help a lot.

Reactions: IBAnk1

IBAnk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
So I just took a look at the game, and presumably it uses Localization.txt to store text. Problem is, the game data is packed in a virtual ISO / disc image (.dat, with .toc) which I have not had any success in opening yet. The .toc format is similar to the disc image format of GameCube games but lacks the normal GCN headers. If anyone has a method to view the disc image that would help a lot.
Understood, thank you for replying, best regards.

Reactions: NewGBAXL

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know it will never happen in a million years, but since I bought a Wii primarily for exergaming, I'd love to see English translations of the menus for these two this one. It is voiced in English since the instructor is American (Billy Blanks). The title was supposed to be released by Ubisoft in America but it was developed at a time when Ubi decided that they'd only release Just Dance for Wii from now on. This is the only Wii title left that I wish had English menus:

Billy's Boot Camp​

SBCJ2N.png

Would just like to reiterate that Billy's Boot Camp would be a nice addition to those of us who bough the Wii for the right reason (exergaming). Wii literally haven't had a new Wii title since Just Dance 2020, and would likely not take long for someone with experience to do since it is not game, the voices are already in English, and it is just menus that need translating.

What, if anything, can I do to help make this a reality?

SBCJ2N.png

Last edited by ChibiMofo,

SPAC3W4IFU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coming back to this thread to mention that I discovered this neat little oddity called Family Jockey that might be worth a look.
IMG_9295.jpeg

When I first discovered it, I just kinda assume it would be some sort of generic horse racing game, but it’s actually way more Mario-Kart esque with powerups and obstacles in the tracks and it looks like it would be pretty fun. There’s even a review by this guy who confirms this settlement as well.

Course, since this is still a racer, it’s probably not something that desperately needs a translation, but I’d thought it would peak some people’s interests atleast

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Coming back to this thread to mention that I discovered this neat little oddity called Family Jockey that might be worth a look.

When I first discovered it, I just kinda assume it would be some sort of generic horse racing game, but it’s actually way more Mario-Kart esque with powerups and obstacles in the tracks and it looks like it would be pretty fun. There’s even a review by this guy who confirms this settlement as well.

Course, since this is still a racer, it’s probably not something that desperately needs a translation, but I’d thought it would peak some people’s interests atleast
You're right, there definitely seems to be more than meet the eye, although the end of the review contained images of a game that I find even more intriguing.

Anyone else feels like "Kekkaishi: Kokubourou no Kage" looks extra fun?

wiiAdventurer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I saw family jockey once as a screenshot but had never seen it shown in such depth. Had no idea it was a part of the same family as Wii Ski. I guess Go Vacation is too? (is it called "Family Vacation" in JP?). I heard a familiar jingle in that video and I wondered. The balance of stamina and racing/dodging certain level elements looks like fun. I am not sure about the motion controls, despite them being very practical, they could get very tiring. I wish this had a bit more Wii Ski/Go Vacation with some exploration and "resort" mini-vibe that those two had.

As for Kekkaishi, I think the main mechanics look like a good deal of fun but wish there was a bit more to it than was shown (similar to my feelings on Sin&Punishment2). Seems like it could quickly become repetitive but as a quick pickup it'd be fine. Obviously, it is built off the manga/anime source, so maybe there aren't any more moves that could be added but I feel like it could have used something else.

Thank you both for sharing! They both seem like they could be fun.

Last edited by wiiAdventurer,

wiiAdventurer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you saying? You don't like Sin & Punishment 2!?! :cry: I adore this game : I think it might be THE hidden gem of the Wii! I felt like it was sooo robbed of its success!
I'm sorry. I didn't dislike it but I found it to be just ok. Admittedly, I did not finish it.

Compared with a similar game from Treasure I did like (Gunstar Heroes) it just didn't grab me. Gunstar Heroes had something S&P2 could have used: powerups. It kept things interesting and allowed you to mix up your gameplay from run to run. S&P2 is the same blasty-blasty over and over again. The visuals are fantastic but I just wish there was something more to the gameplay.

Not sure which game would be my hidden gem, I can think of a few. I really liked Stunt Flyer: Hero of the Sky / Kid Adventures: Sky Captain for instance. Though from this topic Negima really surprised me. It's not the best game (has a lot of issues really) but for me it is just simple, silly, fun. Very glad everyone helped me find it. I hope everyone can find an unexpected game they enjoy from this topic!

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
S&P2 could have used: powerups. It kept things interesting and allowed you to mix up your gameplay from run to run. S&P2 is the same blasty-blasty over and over again. The visuals are fantastic but I just wish there was something more to the gameplay.
One thing S&P2 could have done better would have been to make the "Kachi & Isa" mode available right off the bat : it makes it possible to switch between the two in one player mode, makes more variety, and can ease up things a lot, considering some moments are easier with the other character.

Plus, it doubles the lifebar, which is good considering the game can be challenging.

I'm sure there's a gecko code to unlock this mode at start, if you want to give it another try. :)

Reactions: wiiAdventurer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol