Hardware Baseless Nintendo NX speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that image and y'all know what I thought? It looks like a smart phone. However, I didn't watch the whole video because I found his voice not pleasing lmao. The image does look like a smart phone though :33 I wish. Id switch from apple if that was the case.

Yea he reminds me of Leon Phelfps "the ladies man" my favorite comedy LOL

BUT IT ALL BUT CONFIRMS THE NX WILL INCORPORATE A HANDHELD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is not too advisible. Secondary computing device today require much faster connection than just wireless.
Edit:Sorry, vpn problem.

im just saying that it could incorporate a similar technology to the Illumiroom or Roomalive, and it would be plugged directly into the machine so wifi wouldnt be involved.

The wifi model i drew was a diagram of how i think the technology between mobiles and and the NX will be utilized tied in with nintendo os or app, based on supermetaldaves theories, this of course is all speculation

Reactions: BurningDesire

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea he reminds me of Leon Phelfps "the ladies man" my favorite comedy LOL

BUT IT ALL BUT CONFIRMS THE NX WILL INCORPORATE A HANDHELD

im just saying that it could incorporate a similar technology to the Illumiroom or Roomalive, and it would be plugged directly into the machine so wifi wouldnt be involved.

The wifi model i drew was a diagram of how i think the technology between mobiles and and the NX will be utilized tied in with nintendo os or app, based on supermetaldaves theories, this of course is all speculation

I don't think It's advisible to use wifi to connect to another device to compute game of this scale. And the shape of that thing is definitely is bad for cardborad.
Illumiroom is cool But takes a while to setup and Will not work too pleasently for living rooms.

(I am going to Have my revenge By fixing her heart problem But enough with that.)

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think It's advisible to use wifi to connect to another device to compute game of this scale. And the shape of that thing is definitely is bad for cardborad.
Illumiroom is cool But takes a while to setup and Will not work too pleasently for living rooms.

(I am going to Have my revenge By fixing her heart problem But enough with that.)

I dont think the patent shows how the nx controller will actually look but rather it indicates that the conroller does indeed have a screen built in, this could still mean that the screen will stretch across the whole controller and cardboard can still be an option

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont think the patent shows how the nx controller will actually look but rather it indicates that the conroller does indeed have a screen built in, this could still mean that the screen will stretch across the whole controller and cardboard can still be an option
There is literally no way you can install a vertical screen on a ds like device and still make it work, by that I mean two vertical 900p on top of each other.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is literally no way you can install a vertical screen on a ds like device and still make it work, by that I mean two vertical 900p on top of each other.

what? the dual screen series is dead, some games dont even use the bottom screen too much. But if the NX handheld hd tactus technology buttons then realistically you can just turn it up like a phone for old ds games because the resolution makes it possible. this of course is if they use tactus tech

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what? the dual screen series is dead, some games dont even use the bottom screen too much. But if the NX handheld hd tactus technology buttons then realistically you can just turn it up like a phone for old ds games because the resolution makes it possible. this of course is if they use tactus tech

Pretty sure I talked about that more than 7 pages ago where I even draw a diagram regarding the controller. Good thing tactus actually work on it.
But I am talking about one/ two 900p screen split top and bottom with a hinge that can be inserted into a box that make it a perfect vr headset (two separate screens with an angle that' not 180) with standard buttons, but that seem quite hard to control, especially stability.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure I talked about that more than 7 pages ago where I even draw a diagram regarding the controller. Good thing tactus actually work on it.
But I am talking about one/ two 900p screen split top and bottom with a hinge that can be inserted into a box that make it a perfect vr headset (two separate screens with an angle that' not 180) with standard buttons, but that seem quite hard to control, especially stability.

i went back several pages and never saw your diagram
but whatever NX truly is its got microsoft and Sony completely ditching their integrity of sticking to their own consoles.
Microsoft now has FULL Cross-Buy AND Cross-PLay.
Sony is putting remote play on everything too not just vita.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07...play-anywhere?abthid=577a61d7c42ebd3a79000004
http://wololo.net/2016/07/06/ps4-remote-play-coming-iphoneipad-unofficially/

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i went back several pages and never saw your diagram
but whatever NX truly is its got microsoft and Sony completely ditching their integrity of sticking to their own consoles.
Microsoft now has FULL Cross-Buy AND Cross-PLay.
Sony is putting remote play on everything too not just vita.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07...play-anywhere?abthid=577a61d7c42ebd3a79000004
http://wololo.net/2016/07/06/ps4-remote-play-coming-iphoneipad-unofficially/
They each Have their own problem and for Microsoft They also Have win 10 while sony is developing cloud as we speak. However sony is getting desperate with vita considering the terrible sale even to wii u.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They each Have their own problem and for Microsoft They also Have win 10 while sony is developing cloud as we speak. However sony is getting desperate with vita considering the terrible sale even to wii u.

yea but theyre so scared theyre basically ditching their console family all together lol

basically if Nintendo goes down this time, its taking the WHOLE console industry with it LOL

Reactions: Yil

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yea but theyre so scared theyre basically ditching their console family all together lol

basically if Nintendo goes down this time, its taking the WHOLE console industry with it LOL
Pretty much. What of pc though?

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much. What of pc though?
MY opinions on PC is:
if consoles HAVE to go the half console interations route to boost standards due to peoples unwillingness to play less than the best now, They say that PC is the cheapest route to go with the best experience. They say that PC is the cheapest in the LONG run, and sure PC is considered to the the "winning" option now because you can play xbox and ps games on it with the highest settings. but why cant PC just go the same route as consoles or mobile?

Look at Apple, they have apps and games and feature that drop support as soon as the new phone pops up the next year rendering the old phone useless, now while it wont be yearly with the PC gpu cycle, they TOO see that business model and they recognize that theyre losing billions of dollars with their old ways of practice. and if you think about it, the people whom built a high end gaming pc around 2008 can enjoy playing the new games now in 2016 with almost the same graphical and framerate fidelity compared to the pcs right now. There isnt a constraint to disallow them to do that . But i bet in the near future nvidia and amd will implement the same business practices as apple in which newer games and apps WILL NOT be supported at all on older stuff. So now while PC is the smartest option for the gen8 cycle of console run, in the future i DOUBT that will be the case.

people think that the console industry is gonna lose to mobile because mobile has iterative models every year due to technology, but just like pc tech the mobile tech will hit a wall too down the line, and we saw pc tech really hit a wall around 2010 and there was really about a 6 year gap before real breakthroughs like the AMD polaris and the Nvidia Pascal but thats basically dual screen tech for VR. And console gaming is the totally different gaming experience than mobile. Its apples and oranges.

I believe the new nintendo business model will now start selling apples AND oranges using the NX console to slowly break into mobile

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL

lol.JPG

I made this web back in may on page 47, i still think this is the direction theyre going but ive been trying to speculate the innovation for the console theyre gonna have to sell

nx-png.48645

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope that the NX won't be based around VR (and luckily that's pretty unlikely)
VR is just a huge gimmick

Yea they dont have many MUST have games for vr, There arent even any ratings or reviews for VR games too, I dont know if its testament to how incomplete the "experiences" are or game site are just that far behind in work.

I highly doubt the NX will have VR at all

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope that the NX won't be based around VR (and luckily that's pretty unlikely)
VR is just a huge gimmick
Aka I don't care for it, so it must just be a gimmick.

Anyway, the new patent does look like a phone. It also just looks like the bottom of the 3ds. Wouldn't mind it being this way, if it is a sidekick like the Xperia Play and still have two screens.

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
it would be cool if the NX was actually an operating system, and you could make NX pc builds and stuff
but that's never going to happen :c

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be cool if the NX was actually an operating system, and you could make NX pc builds and stuff
but that's never going to happen :c

thats what i was thinking for the longest time, like a mini pc, i even posted the shield series as to what i think it would be like.

Aka I don't care for it, so it must just be a gimmick.

Anyway, the new patent does look like a phone. It also just looks like the bottom of the 3ds. Wouldn't mind it being this way, if it is a sidekick like the Xperia Play and still have two screens.

VR is a gimmick that ps4 and xbox have gone ALL in for. $400 for a 5 minute experiences before the intense need to vomit.
Motion controlsm,to me, werent really a gimmick because all the games used it, the gamepad too.
Now if your talking about gimmick then the ps4 touchpad, share button, and camera is one too, along with the microsoft camera too.
the share button is easily the best gimmick of the xbox/ps4 consoles because its the only gimmick ever console needs

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NX patent.png

Despite the name this is just my own imagination.
Though this might be possible and perfect for vr display with that hinge. Also compatible with smart phone games. And of course if the hinge can rotate 180 we will also have a very thick standard phone which might have a psv like controller addon using the same port as detachable control.
And of course my mouse paint is terrible.
This was supposed to be mh, not nx.

Last edited by Yil,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 55642
Despite the name this is just my own imagination.
Though this might be possible and perfect for vr display with that hinge. Also compatible with smart phone games. And of course if the hinge can rotate 180 we will also have a very thick standard phone which might have a psv like controller addon using the same port as detachable control.
And of course my mouse paint is terrible.
This was supposed to be mh, not nx.

this was based on a patent? the form factors are just too much, i feel they always go for a sleek easy to take on the go design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, *kills him*
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We've been over this I wear kill proof clothing
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should talk about my mom it's a 100hp hit :teach:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    Good morning!
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    what's up woke boy
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    What.
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    i am sad ugh
  • Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022:
    What are we playing today?
    Destiny 2 and Pokemon Alpha saphire
  • Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022:
    Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up
    +1
    yassssss i love emerald
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    more of a platinum guy myself personally
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys i just checked to see what's in the fortnite item shop today and saw that metallica skins, atla skins and jjk skins are in the item shop at the same time rn, shit's not real 💀
    +1
    im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @PandaPandel, irl or in the game?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are going through something or they blocked me. Better leave them alone ig
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I sat on my ball and I think I crushed it

:sad:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Veho, atleast you still have the other one
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's why we have two balls. Redundancy.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The squished one still hurts like a motherfucker tho.
    Veho @ Veho: The squished one still hurts like a motherfucker tho.