Homebrew RELEASE MissionControl: Use controllers from other consoles natively via Bluetooth

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If the game pulls up the player select screen, I believe the normal behaviour is to disconnect all controllers. The order of connection is then used to determine the player number. Joycons connected to the console in handheld mode will be unaffected by this, which could be why you haven't noticed this behaviour before. If controllers are disconnected outside of the player select screen, this could be an actual issue of some kind though.
i remeber it from yesterday i get system pairing screen just in initial game menu and 2x dualsens controllers went off, but yea it could be that i never noticed it before i mean i notcied it when my controllers do that randomly but i think it was usb 3.0 turned on issue

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i remeber it from yesterday i get system pairing screen just in initial game menu and 2x dualsens controllers went off, but yea it could be that i never noticed it before i mean i notcied it when my controllers do that randomly but i think it was usb 3.0 turned on issue
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is normal. Official switch controllers will also automatically try to reconnect when you hit the face buttons, which makes it a little less obvious the controller was disconnected vs. having to explicitly hit the PS button on Sony controllers.

And yeah, you don't want USB3.0 enabled when you use Bluetooth controllers. Dualsense controllers seem to be particularly sensitive to the interference it causes.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is normal. Official switch controllers will also automatically try to reconnect when you hit the face buttons, which makes it a little less obvious the controller was disconnected vs. having to explicitly hit the PS button on Sony controllers.
nah this time it wasn't my sweaty fat fingers issue :D

Sitch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Probably been asked before, but is there any way to get a pro controller to work for pokemon let's go?

Is this one of the games that will only accept joycons? I've written some code that can make the controller identify as a joycon, the main problem I have right now is that there's no way I know of to determine which orientation the console thinks the controller is held in. When in vertical orientation the buttons and sticks get rotated by 90 degrees. Unless people want to hold their pro controller sideways, I need to rotate them back to compensate. There seems to be no event to inform of the switch, games just poll hid for it along with the input every frame. Most hid functions can't be called from a sysmodule context though so I don't think I can rely on this. I haven't looked at it in a while though due to working on other things. Maybe now it's the time to revisit

Just bumping this as I'm also interested in it. If it's not possible to make the Pro controler act as one joycon, perhaps making it so that the tabletop/docked switch acts like its in handheld would be easier? Because that would fix the game too. Would really appreciate any solution to this.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just bumping this as I'm also interested in it. If it's not possible to make the Pro controler act as one joycon, perhaps making it so that the tabletop/docked switch acts like its in handheld would be easier? Because that would fix the game too. Would really appreciate any solution to this.
It's being taken into consideration as part of an ongoing code refactor, I'm just spread a bit thin at the moment across the various aspects of the project to work on. Work on Bluetooth LE support is taking priority.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent like 2 hours trying different PCs, uninstalling the program over and over, because my Xbox One controller refused to sync with my Switch. Yes, it's the correct bluetooth one, not the older one. It turns out, of course a Microsoft update broke my controller's compatibility with this program, so I did this, downgraded my controller, and bam, works instantly.

So, anyone Googling this issue, just downgrade your Xbox One controller.
https://github.com/ndeadly/MissionControl/discussions/660

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I spent like 2 hours trying different PCs, uninstalling the program over and over, because my Xbox One controller refused to sync with my Switch. Yes, it's the correct bluetooth one, not the older one. It turns out, of course a Microsoft update broke my controller's compatibility with this program, so I did this, downgraded my controller, and bam, works instantly.

So, anyone Googling this issue, just downgrade your Xbox One controller.
https://github.com/ndeadly/MissionControl/discussions/660
For future reference, the FAQ is a thing. There is info on controller firmwares and downgrading here https://github.com/ndeadly/MissionControl?tab=readme-ov-file#frequently-asked-questions

I also made a tool recently for detecting the controller type and firmware via USB. The readme of the repo also has a table for interpreting the output regarding compatibility and courses of action https://github.com/ndeadly/xbox-bluetooth-tool

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those won't work just yet. They use the newer Bluetooth LE standard which isn't really supported in HOS outside of the pokeball plus. I need to put in some real work to get BLE going, rather than just tricking Nintendo's existing code to handle things like I do for other controllers.
Speaking of pokeball plus, what are the chance of mission control tricking the pokeball plus to show up as a joycon so it can be used with other two button games

Edit: sorry, I accidentally commented on an old post I think, I'm not even sure what happend. My question still stays though lol. But I think there was more recent conversation about it just above this post. However, it seems like the current hurdle is being able to identify the orientation of the controller.

:D

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there's any kind of chance to add adaptive triggers to racing games that don't support it?

Like maybe with some kind of cheat to change acceleration values in float values according to trigger position?

Ps: that would simple be the best thing ever and finally make switch a good device to finally play racing games cause button smashing accelerator control is already too much PS1 era :nayps3:

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
It seems that MissionControl doesn't work on the latest Atmosphere and firmware. Is the update being worked on?
Can confirm this as well, it appears the new version of atmosphere broke quite a few modules to ensure compatibility with the new firmware. I'd have gauged Nintendo wouldn't be changing so much stuff around this far into the console's life cycle. But oh well.

Ch3ck3rM0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can confirm this as well, it appears the new version of atmosphere broke quite a few modules to ensure compatibility with the new firmware. I'd have gauged Nintendo wouldn't be changing so much stuff around this far into the console's life cycle. But oh well.
We had over 6 months silent and no patch needed. It's fine for me to wait now a few days for updates of all my modules. And I still can ist 17.0.1 AMS and have no need to upgrade.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It seems that MissionControl doesn't work on the latest Atmosphere and firmware. Is the update being worked on?
It's done, there's a pre-release on my discord server. Just waiting for confirmation that my patches for pairing Wii/WiiU and XBE2 controllers are working correctly. If you've got any of those you can help speed things along

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It's done, there's a pre-release on my discord server. Just waiting for confirmation that my patches for pairing Wii/WiiU and XBE2 controllers are working correctly. If you've got any of those you can help speed things along
As a matter of fact, I do use my Wii U Pro controller on my Switch so I can definitely test it out. As for the Wii controllers, do you mean Wii Remotes only or some additional ones?
EDIT: Found the release, will test the Wii U Pro controller in a bit and report back.
EDIT #2: Wii U Pro controller is working perfectly. Thanks!

Last edited by Blythe93,
Reactions: josete2k

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As a matter of fact, I do use my Wii U Pro controller on my Switch so I can definitely test it out. As for the Wii controllers, do you mean Wii Remotes only or some additional ones?
EDIT: Found the release, will test the Wii U Pro controller in a bit and report back.
Wii and WiiU controllers are one and the same as far as pairing goes. Wii U Pro is fine

Ch3ck3rM0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I would also test some contollers, but I cant find the pre-release on your discord 🙈

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto