Hardware I need to update a fake Pro Controller

RaitoADV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a very...mysterious fake Pro Controller that I haven't been able to use on my Switch since I bought it back in December.

I can't connect it to my Switch through the USB-C cable or the sync button at all. It also doesn't work on my PC wired, but I can connect it to my PC through Bluetooth, though for some reason it detects it as a Left Joycon on BetterJoy (I can change it into a Pro Controller there though, and it works fine).

I've heard I can update fake controllers through an app made by Beboncool and by putting the controller on "Update Mode" (Home + X + Y), but the controller LEDs don't change or turn on at all, and the software doesn't detect the controller.

I also checked if the seller's Amazon page had a link to download an update software, but nope. The seller even stopped selling the controller.

Any ideas or suggestions?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch has bluetooth support try that. Idk what else to tell ya fake products are in the scam realm of things

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a very...mysterious fake Pro Controller that I haven't been able to use on my Switch since I bought it back in December.

I can't connect it to my Switch through the USB-C cable or the sync button at all. It also doesn't work on my PC wired, but I can connect it to my PC through Bluetooth, though for some reason it detects it as a Left Joycon on BetterJoy (I can change it into a Pro Controller there though, and it works fine).

I've heard I can update fake controllers through an app made by Beboncool and by putting the controller on "Update Mode" (Home + X + Y), but the controller LEDs don't change or turn on at all, and the software doesn't detect the controller.

I also checked if the seller's Amazon page had a link to download an update software, but nope. The seller even stopped selling the controller.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Yeah fake Nintendo controllers really cause more trouble than anything. These fake joycons I have softlock the entire system if you try to update them. Found that out when a game tried to force update them and softlocked on the update screen for over 10 minutes until I reset the system.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
The 'fake' controllers I have only support Bluetooth.
The USB connector is only there for charging and they don't even show up as a usb device.

But even though they cost me a whopping $10 USD, they have been working fine for 4 years now.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 'fake' controllers I have only support Bluetooth.
The USB connector is only there for charging and they don't even show up as a usb device.

But even though they cost me a whopping $10 USD, they have been working fine for 4 years now.
That explains things. Also explains why Mission Control made it work again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs