• Replies 623
  • Likes 2

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hum... Not to be out of topic, but seriously, the "Let's make it for the Vita instead" line isn't going that well so far. xP

Adding dual analogs is pretty much common sense. It's been the norm for console gaming for well over a decade and we now have the technology to make it on portables. Why is it not there yet?
Well, It's not needed for portable gaming.

If you enjoy having a camera that isn't complete shit then yeah it is.

Portable games are hardly 2D anymore.

Reactions: 1 person

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hum... Not to be out of topic, but seriously, the "Let's make it for the Vita instead" line isn't going that well so far. xP

Adding dual analogs is pretty much common sense. It's been the norm for console gaming for well over a decade and we now have the technology to make it on portables. Why is it not there yet?
Well, It's not needed for portable gaming.

Dunno about you but OoT plays great for me.

Reactions: 1 person

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
a bigger screen just means that the original dimensions for games that the developer intended on the smaller 3DS will be distorted

this is a joke.. Do Not Want.

yes i thought that too,when they bring it in demonstations i will get my 3ds and gonna check on the same game side by side andim sure i will find flaws..

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno about you but OoT plays great for me.

The original game was also made with only a single analog and the general consensus is that its camera is rather archaic compared to dual stick camera.

The "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" policy isn't good for video games at all.

Reactions: 2 people

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

What's really kind of sad is that dual analogs would be a non-issue if the 3DS had a capacitive screen instead of a resistive one. After playing Metroid Prime: Hunters and Kid Icarus: Uprising, I'm a complete believer in the superiority of touch-screen aiming/camera control over analog aiming/camera control. However, the fact that you need a stylus pretty much eliminates use of the 4 main buttons and the R button, leaving you with only the circle pad, L button, and Dpad, which is a huge problem. If the 3DS had a capacitive screen though, there would be no problem since you could just use your finger just as accurately as a stylus, kind of like playing games such as N.O.V.A. on iPhone/Android. Plus, you'd be able to still use the action buttons/R button with ease. If that were the case, I would have no problem with the lack of a second analog. But alas, that's not the case. :(

The original game was also made with only a single analog and the general consensus is that its camera is rather archaic compared to dual stick camera.
I actually rather like the simplified camera set up in Ocarina of Time (which was reused in Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess Wii, and Skyward Sword). However, the entire game was set up in such a way to basically be designed around that entire camera setup, which probably limited it in at least a few ways.

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
However, the fact that you need a stylus pretty much eliminates use of the 4 main buttons and the R button, leaving you with only the circle pad, L button, and Dpad, which is a huge problem.

I guess it's too bad that the thumb strap never caught on.

JeremyLDixon

Trophies
XP
I expected Nintendo to eventually do this however I figured they would have been smart and used it as an opertunity to integrate the slide pad features into the handheld. disapointing.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess it's too bad that the thumb strap never caught on.
I bought one a couple months ago actually when i was trying to choose the best thumb stylus, and it just didn't cut it. It's nice, I like how it attaches to the DS/3DS and allows you to push the buttons with reasonable ease, but it's just not as good for aiming since it's so easy to accidentally brush your finger against the screen, instead of the "pad" (especially if you have larger thumbs). I ended up going with these, instead.

For home
the-comfort-stylus-20060410045841826-000.jpg

For on the go
1252330250.jpg
Much nicer than the thumbstrap, but impossible to use the action buttons (though you can at least use both shoulder buttons) :(

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ask Nintendo why they didn't include a second analog and they'll say "There's no place to put it in because of the screens".

Not that I support a second analog. Gyro aiming is way better.

And if that's a matte black finish, I'm sold.

Camera controls are much more essential than aiming. Plus I personally don't wanna look like a 'tard trying to shoot down Star Wolf on the subway, I'd prefer a second analog stick option from time to time.

And I'm pretty sure the magical engineers can fit a second analog stick on there somewhere. I'd rather take the word of an engineer at Nintendo on that than you, no offense.

Reactions: 5 people

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Camera controls are much more essential than aiming. Plus I personally don't wanna look like a 'tard trying to shoot down Star Wolf on the subway, I'd prefer a second analog stick option from time to time.

And I'm pretty sure the magical engineers can fit a second analog stick on there somewhere. I'd rather take the word of an engineer at Nintendo on that than you, no offense.
I personally believe the opposite... for the camera, you can at least use the Dpad, L/R buttons, or clearly defined touch screen up/down/left/right buttons (like the C-buttons on the N64 controller). But for aiming, there's really not much you can do.

Also, I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic about nintendo's "excuse". :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning