• Replies 53,821
  • Likes 44

ajay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I own a N3DS plus gateway currently at 9.2 sysnand with 10.3 emunand/ Luma3ds (menuhax). I have seen that we can both use gateway as well as cfw with al9h now. Now I want to switch to al9h but want to use gateway emunand and luma emunand(not sysnand). I am fully aware of the sysnand advantages over emunand in al9h but I just like emunand. Now my main concern

After al9h install process can I keep my sysnand(with al9h) at 9.2. I am aware of al9h protection but I just feel safe with my sysnand at 9.2. Is this even possible?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I own a N3DS plus gateway currently at 9.2 sysnand with 10.3 emunand/ Luma3ds (menuhax). I have seen that we can both use gateway as well as cfw with al9h now. Now I want to switch to al9h but want to use gateway emunand and luma emunand(not sysnand). I am fully aware of the sysnand advantages over emunand in al9h but I just like emunand. Now my main concern

After al9h install process can I keep my sysnand(with al9h) at 9.2. I am aware of al9h protection but I just feel safe with my sysnand at 9.2. Is this even possible?

Of course it is~!

Here's what you do, follow Plailect's A9LH guide.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Do as the Get Started section says, since you are already using CFW+Menuhax.
"If you already have a CFW setup on any version between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0, change menuhax to type 1, set your menuhax trigger to D-Pad down, then start the guide at Part 4. Note that anywhere "RedNAND" is mentioned, you can pretend it says "EmuNAND" instead as they are very similar and the instructions will be the same other than that."

Now, on Part 5, Section IV, Step 4. Instead of restoring emunand_original.bin to your SysNAND, you want to restore sysnand_orginal.bin.

You'll want to skip Part 5, Section V in it's entirety as it deals with removing your EmuNAND//RedNAND, and instead what you should do is repeat Part 5, Section IV, but for steps 2 and 3, pretend it says EmuNAND, then restore your original EmuNAND as instructed.

Then finish VI. Once that's done, you'll want to hold Select, and uncheck the following options in your Luma3DS config:
  • "Autoboot SysNAND"
  • "SysNAND is updated"
This is because, we want Luma3DS to boot into EmuNAND and not SysNAND from now on.

Then once that's done, you'll need to to look into setting up BootCTR9.
Link: https://github.com/hartmannaf/BootCtr9/releases

This is because, Plailect's Guide makes us install Aurora Wright's v2 A9LH fork, which is incompatible with GW's a9lh.bin. Using BootCTR9 let's us fix that and allows us to use GW's a9lh.bin with no problems.

And there you have it.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This dude would like emuNAND and CFW. Any tutorial for that?
EmuNAND//RedNAND with MenuHax?

Follow Plailect's A9LH Guide.

But stop at Part 4, Step 26. This is so you have proper NAND backups of both your EmuNAND and SysNAND, as well as have injected FBI into your EmuNAND.

Then once that's done, change your menuhax configuration to something that suits you, like type 2 autoboot, or however you want to trigger your menuhax that fits your needs.

Then look into improving your menuhax bootrate by looking at this link:
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-improve-menuhax-boot-rate-to-nearly-100.410764/

Now, if you want EmuNAND//RedNAND with A9LH. Then I made a post about that too, just a couple hours ago, here, I'll quote that for you, even though it's like 2-3 posts above this.
Of course it is~!

Here's what you do, follow Plailect's A9LH guide.

Do as the Get Started section says, since you are already using CFW+Menuhax.
"If you already have a CFW setup on any version between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0, change menuhax to type 1, set your menuhax trigger to D-Pad down, then start the guide at Part 4. Note that anywhere "RedNAND" is mentioned, you can pretend it says "EmuNAND" instead as they are very similar and the instructions will be the same other than that."

Now, on Part 5, Section IV, Step 4. Instead of restoring emunand_original.bin to your SysNAND, you want to restore sysnand_orginal.bin.

You'll want to skip Part 5, Section V in it's entirety as it deals with removing your EmuNAND//RedNAND, and instead what you should do is repeat Part 5, Section IV, but for steps 2 and 3, pretend it says EmuNAND, then restore your original EmuNAND as instructed.

Then finish VI. Once that's done, you'll want to hold Select, and uncheck the following options in your Luma3DS config:
  • "Autoboot SysNAND"
  • "SysNAND is updated"
This is because, we want Luma3DS to boot into EmuNAND and not SysNAND from now on.

Then once that's done, you'll need to to look into setting up BootCTR9.
Link: https://github.com/hartmannaf/BootCtr9/releases

This is because, Plailect's Guide makes us install Aurora Wright's v2 A9LH fork, which is incompatible with GW's a9lh.bin. Using BootCTR9 let's us fix that and allows us to use GW's a9lh.bin with no problems.

And there you have it.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,
Reactions: Kibido

Lindy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I was wondering how can I transfer data to my N3DS? My computer used to read my 3DS when I plugged it to my computer via usb but not anymore.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I was wondering how can I transfer data to my N3DS? My computer used to read my 3DS when I plugged it to my computer via usb but not anymore.
Could look into FTP-GMX or FTP3DS.
Link for FTP3DS: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ftp3ds-a-better-fork-for-ftpd-with-buildtools.430464/

You could also use mSDManagement, you can find the .cia for this on that iso site, all the .cia for this does is put an easy to use icon on your Home Menu, otherwise, on N3DS, you can go into your System Settings, and use it like that. (Also, it's Windows Only)

Reactions: Lindy

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A friend of mine is still on rxTools. Is there anything he should do or setup before following Plailect's guide? Or just start from step one and go on not giving a fuck? Thanks

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi guys!

May I ask a few?
1: I have a couple decripted ROMS. How can I convert them to .cia? 3DS Simple CIA Converter shows an error message about wrong xorpad. I believe it is because the rom is decrypted for an emulator. Is that the case? Does this predicament have a solution?

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!

May I ask a few?
1: I have a couple decripted ROMS. How can I convert them to .cia? 3DS Simple CIA Converter shows an error message about wrong xorpad. I believe it is because the rom is decrypted for an emulator. Is that the case? Does this predicament have a solution?
IIRC Decrypt9 or one of them can decrypt 3DS ROMs.

Also: Does the n3DS and o3DS use the same browser? If I were to install an older browser(v1024 for example, since it not being shipped on n3DS) would I have to somehow fix it to be able to run it? I'm not trying to install a 2.1 browser, I'm just wondering and I used it as an example.

Last edited by Roomsaver,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys!

May I ask a few?
You can use Decrypt9 to generate the xorpads.

Drag the rom onto ncch_info.py inside the scripts folder included with Decrypt9. A ncch_info.bin file will be generated. Take that file and place it on the root of your SD card.

On Decrypt9, go to XORpad Generator Options then NCCH Padgen. With that you'll be able to generate the XORpads you need for the Simple CIA Converter.

Also: Does the n3DS and o3DS use the same browser? If I were to install an older browser(v1024 for example, since it not being shipped on n3DS) would I have to somehow fix it to be able to run it? I'm not trying to install a 2.1 browser, I'm just wondering and I used it as an example.
No, they do not use the same browser. The O3DS has the "Spider" browser and the N3DS has the "Skater" browser. Unless things have changed recently, you cannot install the Spider browser on an N3DS (there seems to be an exception to this rule with downgrading the N3DS to 2.X to get the OTP, but I'm not aware of any other exceptions).

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, they do not use the same browser. The O3DS has the "Spider" browser and the N3DS has the "Skater" browser. Unless things have changed recently, you cannot install the Spider browser on an N3DS (there seems to be an exception to this rule with downgrading the N3DS to 2.X to get the OTP, but I'm not aware of any other exceptions).
Is there any way for me to dump my browser as a .cia?

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to explain what I did but how can I use the Gateway A9LH menu to restore from a nand.bin?
Edit: figured it out. Hold up while pressing backup nand.

Last edited by Conn0r,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to explain what I did but how can I use the Gateway A9LH menu to restore from a nand.bin?
If you followed the guide to the very end. Holding Start at boot time, should boot you into Hourglass9, from there you can restore your NAND. If for some reason you have Decrypt9 instead of Hourglass9, you'll have to remember to use the Keep A9LH option, if for any reason you think you might mess up and forget that while using Decrypt9, and see that you are in Decrypt9 and not Hourglass9, then switch to Hourglass9.

Steps 10 and 11 of Part 5, Section I.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

Don't forget to delete the Decrypt9 payload, or rename it to something else that works with Luma3DS' chainloader, if you want to use it for other stuff.
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you followed the guide to the very end. Holding Start at boot time, should boot you into Hourglass9, from there you can restore your NAND. If for some reason you have Decrypt9 instead of Hourglass9, you'll have to remember to use the Keep A9LH option, if for any reason you think you might mess up and forget that while using Decrypt9, and see that you are in Decrypt9 and not Hourglass9, then switch to Hourglass9.

Steps 10 and 11 of Part 5, Section I.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

Don't forget to delete the Decrypt9 payload, or rename it to something else that works with Luma3DS' chainloader, if you want to use it for other stuff.
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading
I knew all of this. I just got a Gateway today and installed Gateway's menu for the lols. I just wanted to go back to my regular A9LH backup.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew all of this. I just got a Gateway today and installed Gateway's menu for the lols. I just wanted to go back to my regular A9LH backup.
You installed GW-A9LH? Well, I hope you enjoy hell. Send my regards~ <3

But on some fo real shyt. Hold up while selecting Downgrade, and it should let you restore your NAND.bin.

Also stay away from GW-A9LH. Like far away. Like burn it far away. Like pretend it doesn't exist far away. Like... you get the idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.etonline.com/daniel-radcliffe-reacts-to-harry-potter-reboot-series-offers-advice-excl...