• Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

hexxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, I get what you're saying now, I'm pretty sure you can just re-inject FBI into H&S using the same method in Plailect's guide, but instead of emuNAND it's sysNAND

Sadly, I tried it, launching decrypt9 from the homebrew menu just makes it try and load, then boot me back to the homebrew launcher ~ 5 seconds later. I'm really stuck, and I've been trying to fix the thing for about 3 hours now. It's 2:15 am now, and I think I'm just going to give up for the night.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, I tried it, launching decrypt9 from the homebrew menu just makes it try and load, then boot me back to the homebrew launcher ~ 5 seconds later. I'm really stuck, and I've been trying to fix the thing for about 3 hours now. It's 2:15 am now, and I think I'm just going to give up for the night.

Yikes, well get some rest, it's not good to try to work on anything when your mind isn't well rested! I'll check back in later today to help you in any way I can :P

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want to swap the GBC ROM of an existing "3DS GBC VC CIA file" without changing the banner, icon or anything besides the injected ROM itself. Can someone lead me to a noob-friendly tutorial how I can accomplish this as easy as possible?

Last edited by bjaxx87,

killme460

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On the O3DS, I posted a comment on Reddit in response to this guide I followed. That being said, I basically went through the entire guide without backing up the NANDs incl. the vital 'emuNAND_original.bin' which holds the key to helping me progress past Part 5 - Section IV. I was stuck with a 2gb SD card from which I transferred to a 32gb today. Any help would be much appreciated :cry:

MiZ J0K3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys, someone know why when i try to downgrade to 9.2 even using "9.2.0-20J(Full)_n3DS" my FW turns to 9.1.0-20J? Is something weird?

My N3DS is japanese version too!

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to confirm if your 3ds is on A9lh, will it boot without the SD card?
It will not boot without an SD Card. There are currently two WIP projects that are trying to address this, which are KGB and ShadowNAND. With KGB actually have shown that the idea works, while ShadowNAND is just a glorified A9LH Installer at the moment, and still needs an SD Card to boot into the 3DS. Again, both projects are WIP at the time being.

On the O3DS, I posted a comment on Reddit in response to this guide I followed. That being said, I basically went through the entire guide without backing up the NANDs incl. the vital 'emuNAND_original.bin' which holds the key to helping me progress past Part 5 - Section IV. I was stuck with a 2gb SD card from which I transferred to a 32gb today. Any help would be much appreciated :cry:
You fucked up. Enjoy your paperweight.

No, but seriously, at least you did this on an o3DS, so there's hope yet. At what part did you stop? Was it Part 5 Section IV once you realized "OH SHIT I NEEDED MY BACKUP?" or was it much earlier in Part 5?

Hello guys, someone know why when i try to downgrade to 9.2 even using "9.2.0-20J(Full)_n3DS" my FW turns to 9.1.0-20J? Is something weird?

My N3DS is japanese version too!
As long as the downgrade was successful and it didn't error out on you, then you are fine. If it did error out on you and crash, then run it again. But it'll probably still say 9.1.0-20J. As far as the guide is concerned 9.0-9.2 are the same. You are fine, keep following the guide.

Reactions: MiZ J0K3R

MiZ J0K3R

Trophies
XP
Country
It will not boot without an SD Card. There are currently two WIP projects that are trying to address this, which are KGB and ShadowNAND. With KGB actually have shown that the idea works, while ShadowNAND is just a glorified A9LH Installer at the moment, and still needs an SD Card to boot into the 3DS. Again, both projects are WIP at the time being.

As long as the downgrade was successful and it didn't error out on you, then you are fine. If it did error out on you and crash, then run it again. But it'll probably still say 9.1.0-20J. As far as the guide is concerned 9.0-9.2 are the same. You are fine, keep following the guide.

Thanks, well now the problem is: The newest "reiNand" and others doesn t work, even doing step-for-step, after doing backup and formating and moving the backup again to SD card, when i try to launch reiNand, the reiNand load but return to Coldboot instead from 3DS Home :/ It sucks ç-ç

Last edited by MiZ J0K3R,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, well now the problem is: The newest "reiNand" and others doesn t work, even doing step-for-step, after doing backup and formating and moving the backup again to SD card, when i try to launch reiNand, the reiNand load but return to Coldboot instead from 3DS Home :/ It sucks ç-ç
You are following Plailect's guide, right?
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've encountered a problem unique enough for me to warrant posting it here.

Basically, I managed to mess up my system, and was forced to restore from a backup. I was using a9, and installed using this guide. Everything was working perfectly until I accidentally borked my system when crawling through fbi to try and figure out why I had 32 gigs of nothing on my sd. I was forced to restore a backup I made while installing my CFW, but now I do not have fbi in place of Health and Safety. I tried running fbi from the homebrew menu using freakyhax, but it just blackscreens every time. Any help or advice is appreciated, Good news is I know I still have CFW installed, bad news is with no FBI I basically cant do anything.
If you followed Plailect's guide to the very end, then this very easy to fix.

Hold Start at boot time. Depending on when you followed the guide, will depend on whether you get Decrypt9 or Hourglass9.
You can find Universal Inject Generator in Plailect's guide.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)

If it's Hourglass9, then follow these instructions.
  1. Open Hourglass9, then go to "SysNAND Backup/Restore", then select the "Health & Safety Dump" option to dump Health & Safety to hs.app (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
  2. Press Select to eject your SD card, then put it in your computer
  3. Extract Universal Inject Generator, then copy both hs.app from your SD card and FBI.cia from the FBI zip to the input folder
  4. Double click go.bat (or execute go.sh with Terminal on Linux / Mac)
  5. Copy FBI_inject_with_banner.app to the root of your SD card and reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  6. Press B on Hourglass9, then go to "SysNAND Backup/Restore" and select the "Health & Safety Inject" option
  7. Press down once to select FBI_inject_with_banner.app, then press A and confirm to inject
  8. Go to the main menu, then press Start to reboot
If it's Decrypt9, then follow these instructions.
  1. Open Decrypt9, then go to "SysNAND Options", then go to "Miscellaneous...", then select the "Health & Safety Dump" option to dump Health & Safety to hs.app (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
  3. Extract Universal Inject Generator, then copy both hs.app from your SD card and FBI.cia from the FBI zip to the input folder
  4. Double click go.bat (or execute go.shwith Terminal on Linux / Mac)
  5. Copy FBI_inject_with_banner.app to the root of your SD card and reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  6. Press B on Decrypt9, then go to "SysNAND Options", then go to "Miscellaneous..." and select the "Health & Safety Inject" option
  7. Press down once to select FBI_inject_with_banner.app, then press A and confirm to inject

hexxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were asking me, It is for sure, No boot without sd, All of the binds to launch programs work, and I have "sys" in front of my version number.

I found the solution, thanks to a guy on reddit Thanks for the help, guys.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you followed Plailect's guide to the very end, then this very easy to fix.

Hold Start at boot time. Depending on when you followed the guide, will depend on whether you get Decrypt9 or Hourglass9.
You can find Universal Inject Generator in Plailect's guide.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)

If it's Hourglass9, then follow these instructions.
  1. Open Hourglass9, then go to "SysNAND Backup/Restore", then select the "Health & Safety Dump" option to dump Health & Safety to hs.app (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
  4. Double click go.bat (or execute go.sh with Terminal on Linux / Mac)
  6. Press B on Hourglass9, then go to "SysNAND Backup/Restore" and select the "Health & Safety Inject" option
If it's Decrypt9, then follow these instructions.
  1. Open Decrypt9, then go to "SysNAND Options", then go to "Miscellaneous...", then select the "Health & Safety Dump" option to dump Health & Safety to hs.app (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
  4. Double click go.bat (or execute go.shwith Terminal on Linux / Mac)
  6. Press B on Decrypt9, then go to "SysNAND Options", then go to "Miscellaneous..." and select the "Health & Safety Inject" option
lol, I just did exactly that. If I wouldnt have seen the guy on reddit first, you would have just saved my life. Thanks a lot man! :P

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, I just did exactly that. If I wouldnt have seen the guy on reddit first, you would have just saved my life. Thanks a lot man! :P
Well, hopefully it helps someone else, if they happen to come across the same problem and find my post.

Also, I am a girl~ :P So calling me man is weird. :P

But anyways, glad you got it sorted it out. ^_^

shakoor_h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been out of the loop for a while, and have been looking at the Flashcart comparison chart, but it isn't 100% clear what I want. Essentially, I want to play Pokemon Y, but also keep my options open, and I currently have an r4i3ds Deluxe Gold (imo a mistake buying this). It;'s not compatible with Pokemon Y so wanted to simply ask, which is the best Flashcart to buy now, will they work seen as I am on version 4.3 firmware of O3DS XL?

I can see 4 options:

Gateway
Sky3DS
DSTwo+
MT-Card

I'm torn between Gateway and Sky3DS, but if the others are better please can someone explain how/why? I wouldn't mind being able to store multiple games on one SD card if that is possible.

Have had a look at the CFW stuff, and it seems very difficult, and requires me to buy a specific game ? Don't know if that is true or not, if anyone could clarify.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been out of the loop for a while, and have been looking at the Flashcart comparison chart, but it isn't 100% clear what I want. Essentially, I want to play Pokemon Y, but also keep my options open, and I currently have an r4i3ds Deluxe Gold (imo a mistake buying this). It;'s not compatible with Pokemon Y so wanted to simply ask, which is the best Flashcart to buy now, will they work seen as I am on version 4.3 firmware of O3DS XL?

I can see 4 options:

Gateway
Sky3DS
DSTwo+
MT-Card

I'm torn between Gateway and Sky3DS, but if the others are better please can someone explain how/why? I wouldn't mind being able to store multiple games on one SD card if that is possible.

Have had a look at the CFW stuff, and it seems very difficult, and requires me to buy a specific game ? Don't know if that is true or not, if anyone could clarify.
Only options I would even consider are Gateway and Sky3DS+. But since you are on FW 4.3, then why not set up CFW and be done with it?

Does your browser work on 4.3? If not, you might be able to use that DS flashcart to get to 9.2, then setup A9LH+Updated SysNAND.

Anyways, here's the guide to get to 9.2.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update

After you've done that, you'd follow the rest of the guide.
Link https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Skipping Part 2, as it would not relate to you as you'd be on 9.2

shakoor_h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Only options I would even consider are Gateway and Sky3DS+. But since you are on FW 4.3, then why not set up CFW and be done with it?

Does your browser work on 4.3? If not, you might be able to use that DS flashcart to get to 9.2, then setup A9LH+Updated SysNAND.

Anyways, here's the guide to get to 9.2.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update

After you've done that, you'd follow the rest of the guide.
Link https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Skipping Part 2, as it would not relate to you as you'd be on 9.2

Thanks for the reply.

Yes the browser works on the device, is there an easier way to do this? Would I need to purchase one of the games listed? Because the prices for these games has skyrocketed. I guess there's no harm in going up to 9.2 because if I intend to get a gateway or sky3ds+, they work on that version. Thanks for the help again

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can use Decrypt9 to generate the xorpads.

Drag the rom onto ncch_info.py inside the scripts folder included with Decrypt9. A ncch_info.bin file will be generated. Take that file and place it on the root of your SD card.

On Decrypt9, go to XORpad Generator Options then NCCH Padgen. With that you'll be able to generate the XORpads you need for the Simple CIA Converter.
THANK YOU!

Last edited by eyeliner,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply.

Yes the browser works on the device, is there an easier way to do this? Would I need to purchase one of the games listed? Because the prices for these games has skyrocketed. I guess there's no harm in going up to 9.2 because if I intend to get a gateway or sky3ds+, they work on that version. Thanks for the help again
If your browser works, then update using the link I gave you. Actually, I'll give you the exact one that should apply to you.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(rxTools-2.5.2)

From there continue the rest of the guide and get CFW setup on your system. You'll be able to install all those dirty .cia files you want.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
By following this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

One ends up with a sysNand only, right? (We do format the SD at one later point).
Is there any advantage in setting up an emuNand on the SD and use that for tinkering? Any slowness or whatever?
I have my o3DS fully pumped up at sysNand 11 (as per the guide), but I can't stop thinking Nintendo will one of these days launch an update that will kill the joy...
So, using a copy of my current NAND seems prudent.

Also, I upgraded FBI, and it added it's own tile (yay!), can I have my beloved H&S app back? :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY