• Likes 43

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By following this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

One ends up with a sysNand only, right? (We do format the SD at one later point).
Is there any advantage in setting up an emuNand on the SD and use that for tinkering? Any slowness or whatever?
I have my o3DS fully pumped up at sysNand 11 (as per the guide), but I can't stop thinking Nintendo will one of these days launch an update that will kill the joy...
So, using a copy of my current NAND seems prudent.

Also, I upgraded FBI, and it added it's own tile (yay!), can I have my beloved H&S app back? :P
If you are that paranoid that Nintendo will break A9LH, then yeah. Go ahead and set up an EmuNAND. Another alternative is wait for others to update first, and if all goes well and we don't have reports of people losing A9LH, then update yourself.

I would keep the injected one as a backup. But there's nothing stopping you from restoring the old one.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't think I'd update that quickly, but yeah, sounds sane to wait a while and read/hear reports of updaters.

Thanks.

trinhno

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Is it possible to play online using an out-of-region CIA? Providing I know how to change and get pass accepting the EULA. Are there other checks in place?

shakoor_h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If your browser works, then update using the link I gave you. Actually, I'll give you the exact one that should apply to you.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(rxTools-2.5.2)

From there continue the rest of the guide and get CFW setup on your system. You'll be able to install all those dirty .cia files you want.

Whats the best custom firmware and which point do I install it? After everything in the guide?

I'm just finishing the instructions above, it is installing all the CIA files at the moment, so hopefully will be at 9.2.0 at the end of that. Thanks for all your help.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to play online using an out-of-region CIA? Providing I know how to change and get pass accepting the EULA. Are there other checks in place?
Luma3DS is region-free by default. So they'll run just fine. Certain games will need region//language emulation though. You'll know which these are when they just black screen on you.

I am assuming you'll accept the EULA by way of Config.cia, in which case, that's all you really need to do. There are no other checks in place.

Whats the best custom firmware and which point do I install it? After everything in the guide?

I'm just finishing the instructions above, it is installing all the CIA files at the moment, so hopefully will be at 9.2.0 at the end of that. Thanks for all your help.
After that, you move on the rest of the guide. The guide will handhold you through whole process and set you up with A9LH, with Luma3DS as your CFW. It's a very noob-friendly CFW that basically provides everything anyone can ask for and need.
Anyways, you'll want to continue here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)
Skip Part 2, once you are done with Part 1, and go directly to Part 3.

shakoor_h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm stuck on this bit in part 3 :

22. Reinstall menuhax on SysNAND as the format will have removed it

Does this mean I have to redo part 1 again?

shakoor_h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok just completed everything. Two more questions:

1. Am I right in thinking I use the homebrew launcher to install any CIA files (does region matter?)
2. Can I copy the contents on my SD to a bigger SD card and run everything or do I need to rerun some install?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just completed everything. Two more questions:

1. Am I right in thinking I use the homebrew launcher to install any CIA files (does region matter?)
2. Can I copy the contents on my SD to a bigger SD card and run everything or do I need to rerun some install?
1. Wrong. So wrong. You use FBI, which is injected into your H&S app, to install your .CIA files. Region does not matter. Luma3DS is region-free, some games may need region//language emulation, which is easy to setup. You'll know when you need it, when it black screens on you and it's an out-of-region game.
2. If you followed it to the end, and didn't skip anything in part 5. Then all you need to do is copy over your files onto your new SD Card. Be sure to format your brand new SD Card to fat32, using this tool, using either 32kb or 64 kb cluster size (the last two options on this tool) - Link: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

justdylan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello so I have a 2DS on legit 11.0 firmware with my NNID and games on there. I just got a N3DS XL that was on 10.1 and just downgraded to 9.2. How can I go about trying to do a system transfer and link my NNID although it prompts me to update?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello so I have a 2DS on legit 11.0 firmware with my NNID and games on there. I just got a N3DS XL that was on 10.1 and just downgraded to 9.2. How can I go about trying to do a system transfer and link my NNID although it prompts me to update?
You have to setup CFW, and then you do a system transfer. Have you done that?

If you want to setup A9LH, then follow Plailect's guide, and you'll have A9LH+CFW on Updated SysNAND.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Follow Part 1, then skip Part 2 as you are already on 9.2 on your 2DS. Also, you'll have to use the o3DS files + the region of your console.

justdylan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to setup CFW, and then you do a system transfer. Have you done that?

If you want to setup A9LH, then follow Plailect's guide, and you'll have A9LH+CFW on Updated SysNAND.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Follow Part 1, then skip Part 2 as you are already on 9.2 on your 2DS. Also, you'll have to use the o3DS files + the region of your console.
So once I install RedNAND and update the N3DS to 11.0, I do a system transfer with a 2DS on legit 11.0 and a N3DS with 11.0 EmuNand and link the NNID? Will this link and transfer to my N3DS SysNAND as well?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So once I install RedNAND and update the N3DS to 11.0, I do a system transfer with a 2DS on legit 11.0 and a N3DS with 11.0 EmuNand and link the NNID? Will this link and transfer to my N3DS SysNAND as well?
If you are going to go the menuhax+RedNAND//EmuNAND route, use the guide I linked, but stop at Part 4, Section I, Step 26, this way you have proper backups of your SysNAND and RedNAND//EmuNAND, and have injected FBI into your RedNAND.

Once that is done, then yes, you do a system transfer on your legit 11.0 2DS system over to your N3DS with 11.0 RedNAND//EmuNAND. Your NNID will only be linked to your RedNAND//EmuNAND, and not at all to your SysNAND.

If you want a SysNAND only setup on your N3DS, then you have to follow the guide I linked to the very end, and then do the system transfer.

justdylan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are going to go the menuhax+RedNAND//EmuNAND route, use the guide I linked, but stop at Part 4, Section I, Step 26, this way you have proper backups of your SysNAND and RedNAND//EmuNAND, and have injected FBI into your RedNAND.

Once that is done, then yes, you do a system transfer on your legit 11.0 2DS system over to your N3DS with 11.0 RedNAND//EmuNAND. Your NNID will only be linked to your RedNAND//EmuNAND, and not at all to your SysNAND.

If you want a SysNAND only setup on your N3DS, then you have to follow the guide I linked to the very end, and then do the system transfer.
Thanks a lot for your help :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One more question, after installing arm9, is a Gateway card unnecessary?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question, after installing arm9, is a Gateway card unnecessary?
Do you still like using cheats? Do you still want to use .3ds romhacks or play test .3ds files before converting them to .CIA? If you answered yes to any of these. Then, it's still somewhat useful.
Set up BootCTR9, and use Gateway's a9lh.bin to boot into GW Mode.
Here's a tutorial on it:
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/using-gateway-on-a9lh-v2.431222/

If you answered no to all those, then no, you don't need it. Keep it in a box, or sell it.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I brick my firmware with a bad update while using SysUpdater (or SafeSysUpdater) and have a NAND backup I can restore it on A9LH, right?
Should be able to. I've seen people do that to get to firmwares that are no longer available. Though I don't see why. You could just use Luma3DS's firmware.bin function. I guess. But to each their own. Good luck.

shakoor_h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Wrong. So wrong. You use FBI, which is injected into your H&S app, to install your .CIA files. Region does not matter. Luma3DS is region-free, some games may need region//language emulation, which is easy to setup. You'll know when you need it, when it black screens on you and it's an out-of-region game.
2. If you followed it to the end, and didn't skip anything in part 5. Then all you need to do is copy over your files onto your new SD Card. Be sure to format your brand new SD Card to fat32, using this tool, using either 32kb or 64 kb cluster size (the last two options on this tool) - Link: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
Ok,

Thank you so much, you helped me loads, it's great to see that people actually care still. Again, really appreciate all the help!

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok,

Thank you so much, you helped me loads, it's great to see that people actually care still. Again, really appreciate all the help!
Oh I don't care, I was hoping your 3DS would explode.

Kidding! Kidding! Seriously, no problem~ I love helping people~ <3 If you have any more questions, you can always ask them here, surely someone will answer, hopefully. ^_^

killme460

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You fucked up. Enjoy your paperweight.

No, but seriously, at least you did this on an o3DS, so there's hope yet. At what part did you stop? Was it Part 5 Section IV once you realized "OH SHIT I NEEDED MY BACKUP?" or was it much earlier in Part 5?

At the "OH SHIT I NEEDED MY BACKUP." I'm able to access Hourglass & other payloads if that's what you are asking.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo +1