Yifan Lu Announces HENKaku - A New Native Vita Homebrew Enabler for 3.60.

Earlier today, Yifan Lu, a well-known member of the Vita hacking scene famous for the Rejuvenate hack for the Dev Assistants, has announced that a new (native!) Vita homebrew enabler for the latest firmware version, as of writing (3.60), will be arriving tomorrow at "9:00AM UTC".

The new hack, known as "HENKaku", will require the following:
  • A Vita/PSTV running 3.60
  • A memcard with at least 10MB of free space (internal memory is currently not supported!)
  • An FTP client
  • An internet connection**
**Offline support is now available! Launch the exploit straight from the email app without the need for internet access at all! See the unofficial release thread for more details. (Internet connection still required for installation)

This is a small paragraph of Yifan Lu himself explaining what the properties of this new homebrew enabler does:

HENkaku simply lets you install homebrew as bubbles in LiveArea. It is a native hack that disables the filesystem sandbox. It installs molecularShell, a fork of VitaShell that lets you access the memory card over FTP and install homebrew packages (which we create as VPK files). With vita-toolchain, developers have access to the same system features licensed developers have access to as well as undocumented features that licensed developers cannot use (including overclocking the processors).

The hack has been released at http://henkaku.me ~ Furthermore, the hack is said to be exclusive to 3.60, and there is to be no backports for the time being.

:arrow: Source: http://yifan.lu/2016/07/28/henkaku-vita-homebrew-for-everyone/

Last edited by , , Reason: Added info about offline installation.

TayTayTheKiller

Forever noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Now this is said to be a kernel exploit dose this open the possibility of psp/ps1 games like on older firmware eventually? I'm not interested in anything else other then that and homebrew.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
For the PHP hosting, I assume that some php configurations work and some don't. Try curl -i http://path/to/stage2.php and see if you see any errors.
I tried it, and it started freaking out by beeping continously for about 20 seconds. In those 20 seconds, cmd was unresponsive (but the process was complete)

Here is a screenshot of the output

dCPWjnI.png

P.S: Building stage2.exe and running that for GO worked great. Thanks for the tip

Last edited by Madridi,
Reactions: zoogie

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm new to the vita and I would like to know if it has Auto update feature in the standby/sleep mode .. and if it force me to update if a new update is detected or it just nagging me with each boot..

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I'm new to the vita and I would like to know if it has Auto update feature in the standby/sleep mode .. and if it force me to update if a new update is detected or it just nagging me with each boot..
In the settings there is a setting under systems I believe where you can untick the option to auto-download an update.

I don't believe there is anything else you should do on your end :)

jen171995

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In settings, go to System, Auto-start Settings. Uncheck the box next to Download Update File for System Software (it's checked by default). It'll stop the system from downloading the update

phant0mg33k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also if you get any other PS4 or vita's/vita Tv's the 3.55 PS4.pup is live and as well as the vita 3.60. you can grab the update for manual updates thru QCMA if need be. But hurry the window is getting smaller.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps-vita/

Reactions: memomo

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
3.61 is out ... update blocker willl work for few days only this mean if there is no epsp exploit really soon we will probably never get access to TN / ARK

Probably just "stability" update

Last edited by chocoboss,

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
In the settings there is a setting under systems I believe where you can untick the option to auto-download an update.

I don't believe there is anything else you should do on your end :)
In settings, go to System, Auto-start Settings. Uncheck the box next to Download Update File for System Software (it's checked by default). It'll stop the system from downloading the update

So I can use FTP normally without beening worry about updating to 3.61 ??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

3.61 is out ... update blocker willl work for few days only this mean if there is no epsp exploit really soon we will probably never get access to TN / ARK

Probably just "stability" update

Why???

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
So I can use FTP normally without beening worry about updating to 3.61 ??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why???
Yes you can use FTP just fine. There are no nags like nintendo systems.

As for update blocker, I can't confirm as I haven't tried it myself, but I heard that if you use that, you can continue using PSN for a few days to a week before sony blocks it with each firmware update.. But other than that, it's not needed

Reactions: memomo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY