Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

Download the non gui version to a folder. Assuming you have a windows PC hold shift and right click the window. Click open in cmd window. In CMD paste this string in

NUSgrabber.exe 0005000010144F00 80

Once done uninstall the old and install the new one....?....profit

Anonymous209

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the non gui version to a folder. Assuming you have a windows PC hold shift and right click the window. Click open in cmd window. In CMD paste this string in

NUSgrabber.exe 0005000010144F00 80

Once done uninstall the old and install the new one....?....profit

Nevermine, i'm downloading it right now

Last edited by Anonymous209,

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
i have a windows pc but im trying your command but i get not found

NUSgrabber.exe 0005000E10144F00 80

My bad had the wrong ID

Anonymous209

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NUSgrabber.exe 0005000E10144F00 80

My bad had the wrong ID

how big is the super smash bros for wii u update it already at 3GB and the other one that i had was only 1.4GB is it suppose to be 3 or more GB

Last edited by Anonymous209,

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
how big is the super smash bros for wii u update it already at 3GB and the other one that i had was only 1.4GB is it suppose to be 3 or more GB

That sounds right, if it is bigger than obviously you had the wrong one before hence your problem. Just let it finish and install over night and you should be good

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Using the WUP Installer:
Step 1: Copy the contents of the title folder to the Install folder on your SD card ( SD:\install\ ) and put it in your WiiU.

59Nu7yZ.png

Step 2: Open the WiiU Browser and visit the Installation Page ( http://www.wupinstaller.com/wi ) either by typing it in or from your bookmarks. If you get a "Exploit failed, please try again." error, power off and try again. For other issues, takes longer than 15 seconds, or crashes with no error messages, see the "Common Problems" section.

Step 3: If the exploit is successful, your WiiU Gamepad will back out just like if you had pressed the Home button. At this point, choose the Browser icon from the quick selection options and visit the Installation Page again.

Step 4: The Gamepad should back out one more time. At this point, your Title is ready to install! Now just press the button to return to the Home Menu (where all the Miis are running around) and the installation will begin silently.

** Set a timer for 10-15 minutes **

Step 5: Depending on the size of the title, installation should take anywhere from a few seconds (Firmware Spoofer) up to 15 minutes (Mario Kart 8 Update ~700MB) to install, however you will get NO FEEDBACK while it is installing or when it finishes.

Step 6: After the allotted time has elapsed, power down your console like normal, then boot it back up. Your Title will now be installed! You can verify installation by going to the Data Management in the System Settings. Keep in mind: game updates do not show up as separate icons if you bought the E-Shop version of the game.

If you see Corrupt Data, delete it then try your installation again. The most likely cause is that you didn't wait long enough for the installation to complete before rebooting.

Is my Wii U supposed to freeze on step 4 at the point where miis are running? I'm trying to install splatoon update first before spoofing.

EDIT: I left it 25+ mins and it didn't install. The files are about 300 MB.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tu3dwr5p4wr70hq/2015-09-27 13.38.13.mp4?dl=0

Also my Wii U took longer to shutdown while I was trying to run the exploit. I don't know if it is an exploitable bug. This happened twice on the same conditions:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfbyh2t455nwfp9/2015-09-27 13.34.51.mp4?dl=0

Last edited by stsaerox,

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have 2 stupid questions to ask before I go ahead and do the FW spoof

1. The wii u obviously has to be connected to the internet to do the FW spoof. Wouldn't the wiiu be trying to download the FW update as I am trying to do the hack?? And what about when I set up my internet connection. Doesn't the wii u look for updates straight away?

2. If I successful spoof the FW to 5.5 why do I need to download a games update using the wiiup installer? Can't I let the game just update through the wiiu as normal??

Sorry for the dumb questions. I just want to make sure....

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

It's fine, we all have to start somewhere :D

1. You can turn off auto-updates, it wont nag you to update when it finds one, but you could use OpenDNS and block the NUS (Nintendo Update Servers)

2. No, because N-Network does a different check to eShop, so we cannot access eShop.

Reactions: Simonwayneee

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have 2 stupid questions to ask before I go ahead and do the FW spoof

1. The wii u obviously has to be connected to the internet to do the FW spoof. Wouldn't the wiiu be trying to download the FW update as I am trying to do the hack?? And what about when I set up my internet connection. Doesn't the wii u look for updates straight away?

2. If I successful spoof the FW to 5.5 why do I need to download a games update using the wiiup installer? Can't I let the game just update through the wiiu as normal??

Sorry for the dumb questions. I just want to make sure....
1 of couse it will thats why you need to block nintendo update servers either with opendns, rooter settings or CCproxy.

2 Even after the spoofe you need to keep the servers blocked becuase nintendo network still knows your not on latest fw and if you try to install them trough the servers it will update your wiiu to real 5.5.0.

Even after the spoof the wiiu continues to try and update you need to keep them all blocked, luckily for us the nintendo online servers for games are diferent from the update servers.

Reactions: Deleted User

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1 of couse it will thats why you need to block nintendo update servers either with opendns, rooter settings or CCproxy.

2 Even after the spoofe you need to keep the servers blocked becuase nintendo network still knows your not on latest fw and if you try to install them trough the servers it will update your wiiu to real 5.5.0.

Even after the spoof the wiiu continues to try and update you need to keep them all blocked, luckily for us the nintendo online servers for games are diferent from the update servers.

Arrh! That makes perfect sense now. Sorry I have just read this thread and with the pre setup instructions I thought something was missing which is not directly related to the process, but still related none the less...

Thanks!

H93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have buy some games on the eshop
It's save to install this games via wup installer

(Byonetta 1 and 2 zombiU )

yonasz

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i have installed firmware spoofing without block nintendo update sites. Is Opendns give me ipadress with free option or i have to pay for this?? If my firmware is "5.5 spoofed" i still have nottification about fw update? Is there any free solution for blocking fw update (except disconnectig wii u from internet)? When i trying opendns dns settings im loosing internet connection at all...
I set up parental control and block nintendo sites but i habe no idea is it working correctly. If i still can use NUSgrabber it means nintendo is not blocked??

Last edited by yonasz,
Reactions: realg123

JustPingo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have installed firmware spoofing without block nintendo update sites. Is Opendns give me ipadress with free option or i have to pay for this?? If my firmware is "5.5 spoofed" i still have nottification about fw update? Is there any free solution for blocking fw update (except disconnectig wii u from internet)? When i trying opendns dns settings im loosing internet connection at all...

Set 107.211.140.065 as the DNS address in your console's internet settings and you should be good to go.

yonasz

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"Set 107.211.140.065 as the DNS address in your console's internet settings and you should be good to go" - when i set up this i dont have internet connection....

Reactions: realg123

JustPingo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
"Set 107.211.140.065 as the DNS address in your console's internet settings and you should be good to go" - when i set up this i dont have internet connection....

You're doing something wrong. Are you sure your not trying to change the IP address? You should change the DNS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging