Hacking [WIP] open source Kernel access on 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an imported N3DS(PAL) on 9.0.20 and a copy of Cubic Ninja on the way. I'm willing to help anyway I can.

Reactions: Stoned

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got me :O

Seriously though, will piracy be blocked, or be able to be added in?

According to the wiki page, blocked. That being said, there's nothing preventing someone from grabbing the source code upon completion and patching in/out (not sure exactly which) whatever needs to be added/removed for rom loading to work.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Im going to put this out there, the only reason I'm also interested and this which most likely will lead to piracy is that OSKA (unlike KARL, which i also am quite interested in) will open up the whole system for developers, sure it would have been awesome if we somehow could prevent piracy ;)

Reactions: 72 others

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im going to put this out there, the only reason I'm also interested and this which most likely will lead to piracy is that OSKA (unlike KARL, which i also am quite interested in) will open up the whole system for developers, sure it would have been awesome if we somehow could prevent piracy ;)

This really depends how much (if any...haven't seen any source code out there yet though they've promised chunks of it will be) of KARL will be open sourced. If it's only a small section that's black boxed, then it really won't make a huge difference one way or the other (although I'm personally partial to not keeping any of it black boxed.....that being said, I can't entirely fault them either for wanting chunks of it to be closed source).

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even upon completion of this project, and the eventual modification that we all know is coming to enable rom loading, we're still a long way off from "doing whatever we want with it". People are certainly making progress in that direction, though.

Reactions: Margen67

Polarialis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
function licensing()
if (Hackers !== Pirates)
{
return(true);
}

Fixed.

Anyway, can you guys stop polluting this thread with pirate talk, please. Let's just leave those who wish to concentrate on the project the space to do so - this is the space for that; if you want to contribute, do so here. On the other hand, if all you want to do is discuss piracy, go do so else where. You'll never see any progress if you turn this thread into a general discussion, keep it on topic. i.e. the project. Forget your personal goals and opinions for now, either you're in on this or you aren't. If you aren't, get the fuck out of the thread. Thanks.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
173210 already asked us to stop talking about piracy, so why are you guys back on the subject? Please let's refrain from talking about the same things over and over again. Like somebody said on a post earlier, this is going to be fully open source, we know what can be done with it, no need to discuss.

This is a development thread, if you don't have anything to contribute then please don't post useless things like your morals on piracy or how you want to pirate games or something like that. Post if you have something actually useful to post.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Fixed.

Anyway, can you guys stop polluting this thread with pirate talk, please. Let's just leave those who wish to concentrate on the project the space to do so - this is the space for that; if you want to contribute, do so here. On the other hand, if all you want to do is discuss piracy, go do so else where. You'll never see any progress if you turn this thread into a general discussion, keep it on topic. i.e. the project. Forget your personal goals and opinions for now, either you're in on this or you aren't. If you aren't, get the fuck out of the thread. Thanks.

Yes mom. :gba:

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
2DS with firmware 6.2.0 reporting in: commit f7be7ba690 freezes after "Executing code under ARM11 Kernel..."
tuzki-bunny-emoticon-001.gif

CravingCritic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this only be usable via NinjaHax/OoT or will there be a launcher created to use via the web exploit (a la rxtools)? If someone would compile it for loading via the web exploit I'd be willing to give it ago. My current rig is a 4.5 sysNAND/Palantine CFW, but I've also got emuNAND set up for 8.1 and 9.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hope im not going to die from it before i see the ent in a month