Status
Not open for further replies.

fuyukaidesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Will this only be usable via NinjaHax/OoT or will there be a launcher created to use via the web exploit (a la rxtools)? If someone would compile it for loading via the web exploit I'd be willing to give it ago. My current rig is a 4.5 sysNAND/Palantine CFW, but I've also got emuNAND set up for 8.1 and 9.5.

There's no browser exploit on the N3DS, there's no homebrew on the browser exploit that runs 3DSX executables on the O3DS AFAIK, too (feel free to prove me wrong).
Also nothing to run .3DSX from OoT on N3DS.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no browser exploit on the N3DS, there's no homebrew on the browser exploit that runs 3DSX executables on the O3DS AFAIK, too (feel free to prove me wrong).

I'm presuming since 4.5 firmware was being spoken of, that it was in reference to an original 3ds, not a new 3ds...

CravingCritic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The point isn't to load a .3DSX file, but rather, to compile said .3DSX file as a launcher.dat. Or convert ninjahax's homebrew menu to a launcher file. The latter probably being the better.

Not entirely sure if the Ninjahax -> Launcher thing would work, though, as iirc, Ninjahax gains specific permissions from Cubic Ninja in order to do what it does.

On a side note, it's an O3DSXL that I'm working with.

Trophies
Website
173210.github.io
XP
Country
I'll start a vote again!
Please like this post if you agree. If you disagree, write your opinion.
Any opinion will be appreciated.
Aliak and many other people liked this post.
So we decided to give a chance to join the development for developers who sent pull-request!

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i understnd we dont want to talk about piracy here. im just curious what happened? my understanding is the whole point of this over karl was to enable piracy. so now youre just basically making it really easy for some one else to enabl piracy is that right? like essentially you guys are gna do allll the work except for the bit needed to enable piracy even tho youll be right up in there and from my understanding probably could with ease... basically were just gna let some one else "enable" it so you guys wont be at any sort of legal risk? (which is smart) or you could even anonymously enable and upload it somewhere to stay out of trouble as well.

once again im not trying to get into a piracy debate just trying to understand the projects motives and intentions

Reactions: Margen67

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
so i understnd we dont want to talk about piracy here. im just curious what happened? my understanding is the whole point of this over karl was to enable piracy. so now youre just basically making it really easy for some one else to enabl piracy is that right? like essentially you guys are gna do allll the work except for the bit needed to enable piracy even tho youll be right up in there and from my understanding probably could with ease... basically were just gna let some one else "enable" it so you guys wont be at any sort of legal risk? (which is smart) or you could even anonymously enable and upload it somewhere to stay out of trouble as well.

once again im not trying to get into a piracy debate just trying to understand the projects motives and intentions

karl is not sharing all the source code. this is.

Reactions: Margen67 and 2Hack

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada

It's not just that, it's the fact that it's completely open source. Nothing hidden or anything. This will allow others to build on it and make it better as time goes by; it won't be locked down to one group of devs, so it shouldn't be out dated as easily as a closed source project would be.

Piracy being possible is just a thing that happens when you go full open source.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i understnd we dont want to talk about piracy here. im just curious what happened? my understanding is the whole point of this over karl was to enable piracy. so now youre just basically making it really easy for some one else to enabl piracy is that right? like essentially you guys are gna do allll the work except for the bit needed to enable piracy even tho youll be right up in there and from my understanding probably could with ease... basically were just gna let some one else "enable" it so you guys wont be at any sort of legal risk?

The whole point of this is a completely open source loader. KARL has chunks that they've said they won't open source. As a side effect, rom loading will likely happen by a 3rd party at some point after it's relatively stable - from the wiki page for this project though, rom loading for 3ds games won't be enabled.

Trophies
Website
173210.github.io
XP
Country
It's very easy. I'll write in 4 lines.

Some parts of source code is useful to make backup loader.
But source code allows to understand and modify software.
KARL3DS won't release some parts of source code.
OSKA will release the entire source code.

That's all. If you want to know free software, google. "Free" does NOT mean this software costs no money.

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
It's very easy. I'll write in 4 lines.

Some parts of source code is useful to make backup loader.
But source code allows to understand and modify software.
KARL3DS won't release some parts of source code.
OSKA will release the entire source code.

That's all. If you want to know free software, google. "Free" does NOT mean this software costs no money.

You're really making a name (or should I say, number xD) out of yourself! Thanks for your hard work, I'm sure everyone will benefit from this and from other projects equally! :D

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
In all honesty I have nothing of value to add to this thread, I'm just responding because I want to be kept up to date on this threads progress. And also I'm looking forward to full kernel access on the 3ds, possibility of more stable emulators, possibly cfw with pokemon working.

Now in true gbatemp style all this thread needs to be complete is someone randomly posting, they already have full kernel access but they're not gonna share it :P

Reactions: Margen67

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty I have nothing of value to add to this thread, I'm just responding because I want to be kept up to date on this threads progress. And also I'm looking forward to full kernel access on the 3ds, possibility of more stable emulators, possibly cfw with pokemon working.

Now in true gbatemp style all this thread needs to be complete is someone randomly posting, they already have full kernel access but they're not gonna share it :P

Someone already did. :P

Reactions: codychaosx

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You rang? Just kidding we have plans on releasing once we finish.

Also for the record, N3DS support is just a matter of getting the right pointers, most of the stuff is the same. I wouldn't advice completely scrapping support for it yet, unless nobody who's developing has an N3DS I guess.

Reactions: VinsCool
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: You can find Mew under a truck in Whatevertown.