Homebrew [WIP] List of known bricks due to an attempt to downgrade to 9.2.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
If it came on a version over 9.2 I'm not sure if it's safe.

It's a good question that, since I have not seen it mentioned elsewhere. It could be like a PS3 and that certain models cannot be downgraded as they shipped post 3.55 from factory, so trying to downgrade a 3DS to 9.2 that shipped with a higher stock firmware from factory may cause issues.

It's just a guess and could be wrong, yet thought it was worth mentioning.

Reactions: Kajiarashi Suzaku

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
Same source, I don't why it's different. Are you on mac maybe? Anyway, it worked for you, so that's all that matters.

Nah I'm on Windows (10 to be precise). I must have done something wrong when checking the SHA1, but those are the ones I use and they worked on my Old 3DS XL. That's what's important I guess.

Esppiral

Trophies
XP
Country
I did the downgrade, everything looked fine, when it finished it said, it would reboot after 10 seconds, after that the console went black screen with an error message on screen, I am updating to the latest ofw throug the recovery menu....

Enceptix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have the problem i can not start the Homebrew Launcher it comes with a black screen and a little pixels in them.
I have downgraded from 10.3 to 9.2 and now im back on 10.3 the bug already on 9.2 i hav tested something download again the payload, format system and the method to make off the wifi and clean Browser data and now nothing work :(

Sry for my bad English ^^'

Attachments

• 1451939891671114111497.jpg
    1451939891671114111497.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 202
Last edited by Enceptix,

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
this bricks caused by this downgrade are fixable by hardmod? or its a raspberry pi stuff?

i will not do it, just curiosity

Harvest God

Er a pixel artist?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine if 10.4 was released during the fixing of your console and they decide to update it....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also could someone tell me or tag me in their post of what happened to their 3ds when they received it from Nintendo, so I can decide whether or not I should just buy a 9.2 3ds

Reactions: Ridge

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I downgraded succesfully about 100 tries via menuhax on 9.8 O3ds.

Steps:

-start 3ds with menuhax
-turn wifi on when menuhax logo shows up
-start any 3ds ftp app and close it by button B
-go down to sysupdater, wait till the dropdown comes to still standing and start it.
-Press Y on sysupdater app

RicardoAtanazioS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I began the process, saw four CIAs correctly installing and had to get the phone. When I came back the screen was black (but on), left at it for some minutes, and then looked it up and saw some people saying that they had to force reboot, tried that, but nothing happens....did it brick???

Theswweet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I began the process, saw four CIAs correctly installing and had to get the phone. When I came back the screen was black (but on), left at it for some minutes, and then looked it up and saw some people saying that they had to force reboot, tried that, but nothing happens....did it brick???

Take out your SD card and reboot. Could be menuhax.

Reactions: RicardoAtanazioS

Juiss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you had menuhax remove the SD and boot, if that doesn't work then yea, it bricked.

Reactions: RicardoAtanazioS

Powermad80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reporting successful downgrade of a launch-day black N3DS XL from 10.1U to 9.2U. Menuhax 2.5 used as entrypoint, I had previously been getting a "Failed to get CIA info" but I backup up all data on MicroSD, formatted it, and then restored only the essential data (just the folders of 3DS, Nintendo DS, private, updates, and all the homebrew-related files and nothing else) and then next successful launch of the sysUpdater it successfully downgraded. Then after it rebooted on finish I powered down, removed the microSD, powered back up, and I had 9.2 installed. Used SteveIce10's improved downgrader.

Reactions: JJTapia19

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn