Homebrew [WIP] List of known bricks due to an attempt to downgrade to 9.2.

Kajiarashi Suzaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My Jp n3ds cannot update emunand if using a GW card.

Previously when I was on 8.1, i used 9.5 firmware files to update the 8.1 emunand to 9.5, which worked fine having a unlinked sys and emunand.

However, after using this downgrader and the version showing 9.1, the same 9.5 firmware files I used before, fail to install correctly on the 9.1 emunand, as one CIA refuses to install (gives an error)
0004003000009502.cia is invalid

I aborted the install, yet home settings were created after a restart, like it was a new update, yet the version in emunand is still showing 9.1, so now I assume its a incomplete install.

Is the problem showing 9.1 after using the 9.0 or 9.2 package the issue here?

I not use any kind of cfw emunand or GW. I did a downgrade with a clean sysnand. And deleting that problematic cia before do the downgrade. Anything worked well, only tne fw number is wrong. . But it can be the probably issue.

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
Anyone got Nintendo to repair their consoles yet? If yes was it under warranty or not? Cause I cannot live without that oh so gorgeous 3d screen and maybe I can send it for repair.

Nope.exe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got Nintendo to repair their consoles yet? If yes was it under warranty or not? Cause I cannot live without that oh so gorgeous 3d screen and maybe I can send it for repair.
I'm going to call them this fri. to get my 3ds repaired bcuz fri. is when I get paid

dtwpurple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please add to weird things that happened after downgrade.

Froze on rebooting in 10 seconds, so I hard rebooted. Then noticed I received a dead pixel on the touch screen :/

Big Boss Snake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea but I wont be able to link it on another 3ds bcuz its on my bricked 3ds and I cant unlink it w/ the bricked 3ds
I see, if my new 3ds comes before you send yours out for repair, I will tell you if it does in fact still work on another 3ds.

But, doesn't it just unlink the NNID from anything else if another connects to it with something else connected to it as well?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea but I wont be able to link it on another 3ds bcuz its on my bricked 3ds and I cant unlink it w/ the bricked 3ds
unless you call nintendo and simply ask them to unlink your nand because your 3ds got stolen/run over by a car and you got a new 3ds you want to link your nnid to (use your imagination lol)
But, doesn't it just unlink the NNID from anything else if another connects to it with something else connected to it as well?
nope

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: Big Boss Snake

Big Boss Snake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless you call nintendo and simply ask them to unlink your nand because your 3ds got stolen/run over by a car and you got a new 3ds you want to link your nnid to (use your imagination lol)
nope
One solution I have found is just calling Nintendo and making them switch it for you from that other broken one.

EDIT: Just noticed you just said the same thing. lol

Last edited by Big Boss Snake,

ferminuno

Trophies
XP
Country
4 tries, different versions of sysUpdater, and I tried with the Zip file and with the tpp file.
4 times the O3DS finished downgrading and when sysUpdater restart a screen appear telling me to shutdown the 3DS.

First attempt to downgrade: 9.9E
The others were from 10.3 because i can use Safe Mode.

I tried removing the SD, but the same thing happens.

pdkC0NR.jpg

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
getting cia information failed on new3dsxl 10.3 why is that
It happens, but just keep trying. I fixed it by renaming sysUpdater.3dsx to boot.3dsx and replacing the Homebrew Launcher's boot.3dsx on SD root with sysUpdater's renamed 3dsx file. Then I launched it using BrowserHax. It took a few attempts to make it launch, but after that it all went successfully.

shardie888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It happens, but just keep trying. I fixed it by renaming sysUpdater.3dsx to boot.3dsx and replacing the Homebrew Launcher's boot.3dsx on SD root with sysUpdater's renamed 3dsx file. Then I launched it using BrowserHax. It took a few attempts to make it launch, but after that it all went successfully.
Thanks will try that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Jaws is on a diet