Homebrew [WIP] List of known bricks due to an attempt to downgrade to 9.2.

Tomoko-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't help you, did you use the correct firmware-files and remove the file "000400102002CA00"?
Also you should have been aware of the risks when downgrading since you only have one 3DS and can't afford another one. You live and you learn.
Its a Japan OLD model of the 3DS and i thought that theres no need to delete that file @@

Kartik

Trophies
XP
Country
India
THis is offtopic butTell me one thing if someone figures out the AES scrambler then we can decrypt our NAND.bin,right? And what's the reason behind the black screen after we have bricked (why does not it load a blue screen)

Last edited by Kartik,

hirvimies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Its a Japan OLD model of the 3DS and i thought that theres no need to delete that file @@

Ok so at least we know how it got bricked. The tutorial on page 1 in the big downgrade thread states you have to remove that file on a Japan-console.

I hope for your sake that someone finds a solution but I wouldn't put my hopes on it.

Kartik

Trophies
XP
Country
India
off topic: a app should be made that for the 3ds which downloads the firmware files (cia) for that 3ds by taking information about region automatically.This would reduce bricks

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
off topic: a app should be made that for the 3ds which downloads the firmware files (cia) for that 3ds by taking information about region automatically.This would reduce bricks
That... Is smart... But, not possible right now. :) Brilliant idea, though.

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really need to solve my issue or at least get smash running on my save file. It is on the last page. It is really strange. From 10.3 to 9.2

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First post should be updated as it was from Sunday and a lot changes in a week's time. All the most recent posts to this thread are about bricks.

D

Deleted User

It doesn't really help anyone, but I figured out that EUR 2DS systems love to crash mid way and hand out free bricks to their users. <3 But seriously I tested this with 3 2DS systems, two hard bricks, and a soft brick. All of them froze midway.
My 2DS did that too, maybe some 2DS exclusive CIAs we need to install?

Tomoko-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So if i was an old Japan 3DS model or a New one we must delete the cia file ?I dont know if i got bricked from this but It said that its needed to be deleted only on NEW 3DS systems ==

Kartik

Trophies
XP
Country
India
My 2DS did that too, maybe some 2DS exclusive CIAs we need to install?
I downgraded successfully without any errors (I had 2,bricked 1by installing wrong region files on it and the second downgraded successfully)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could this thread be more like how can i unbrick

gangs_08

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
I downgraded successfully without any errors (I had 2,bricked 1by installing wrong region files on it and the second downgraded successfully)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could this thread be more like how can i unbrick

Did you fixed the tpp file (with justpingos tool) or used a untouched one which you downloaded for your region/model?

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But if it was a US 3DS XL will it successfully downgraded without bricking?Im considering getting an XL since this one got bricked and attemp to downgrade again on it :v

I got everything ready today, updated to 10.3, installed homebrew channel, placed update files on sd, etc, etc. Followed all the steps up to when you start sysupdater. I'm getting the black screen when launching. Probably a "god send message" to tell me to stop now and wait for a better release. I can't find 1 good, reliable source, confirmation that they got n3ds working properly with downgrade. Those people that claim success later post about questions about why things that should work, don't work, etc. And consensus looks that if you somehow get the updater to hobble through and downgrade, you won't be happy with the results. Not on a N3DS that is.

See https://gbatemp.net/threads/people-with-n3ds-n3dsxl-sysupdater-read-this-before-downgrading.408292/

Juiss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got everything ready today, updated to 10.3, installed homebrew channel, placed update files on sd, etc, etc. Followed all the steps up to when you start sysupdater. I'm getting the black screen when launching. Probably a "god send message" to tell me to stop now and wait for a better release. I can't find 1 good, reliable source, confirmation that they got n3ds working properly with downgrade. Those people that claim success later post about questions about why things that should work, don't work, etc. And consensus looks that if you somehow get the updater to hobble through and downgrade, you won't be happy with the results. Not on a N3DS that is.

See https://gbatemp.net/threads/people-with-n3ds-n3dsxl-sysupdater-read-this-before-downgrading.408292/
There's plenty of posts from people who successfully downgraded their N3DS
Here's mine on rxtools cfw:
abc56be128.JPG

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!