Hardware Hall Effect sensor joycon sticks on Amazon

Dethil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I recently stumbled upon these hall effect joycon sticks on Amazon, but I wonder if they're fake or real. Has anyone purchased these? It says they are from Gulikit but manufactured by Aknes. I know Gulikit was making hall effect joycon sticks but I thought they're not out yet. There is no customer reviews on Amazon on these.

Link to Amazon: www.amazon.com/AKNES-Replacement-ThumbStick-Controller-Thumbstick/dp/B0BPS1R5D8
Link to German Amazon: www.amazon.de/-/en/GULIKit-Joystick-Replacement-Controller-Analogue/dp/B0BPSMXHDQ/
What do you guys think?

EDIT:

Apparently these are real as they work and they are now on official Gulikit site. User binkinator has bought and tested these. (pics and review by him below on his posts.)
Link to Gulikit site: https://www.gulikit.com/productinfo/945307.html

Last edited by Dethil,

BobsYurUncle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gulikit has a product page for these. Does not mention hall-effect or magnets anywhere on it.

Replacement stick? Probably. Hall effect? Probably not.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently stumbled upon these hall effect joycon sticks on Amazon, but I wonder if they're fake or real. Has anyone purchased these? It says they are from Gulikit but manufactured by Aknes. I know Gulikit was making hall effect joycon sticks but I thought they're not out yet. There is no customer reviews on Amazon on these.

Link:
What do you guys think?
Ohhhhh, you awful person. I was looking at something completely different and had my credit card out.

9BCB82F8-9DF2-4C03-88A4-EEBE0FBCCFD3.jpeg

Will let you know.

I can’t wait to try out the sparkly star thumb stick covers! Gigiddy
Post automatically merged:

Gulikit has a product page for these. Does not mention hall-effect or magnets anywhere on it.

These say they’re Hall effect:

5293361D-F749-4B6B-A4EF-C595237803D3.jpeg

We shall see…

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Dethil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Ones that are on Gulikit site are part number: NS28 and these are Part number NS40 which should make these entirely different product. Heres an image with part number from the ones on Amazon.

Attachments

• GulitkitHallNS40.jpg
    GulitkitHallNS40.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 141

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw vids on Chinese youtube saying this hall effect joystick(Gulikit model) need extra hard wire and this type draws more power than normal joystick. BUT it does works better!
Interesting. In the amazon ad, they even brag about them consuming less power. Weird.

1673736543311.png

Reactions: slaphappygamer

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ones that are on Gulikit site are part number: NS28 and these are Part number NS40 which should make these entirely different product. Heres an image with part number from the ones on Amazon.
The one on their site is for their Elves controller. The Elves controller does not feature magnetic sticks so it would make sense it's a different model.

Attachments

• 1673747873104.png
    1673747873104.png
    549.6 KB · Views: 111

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazon is hustling today. Was planning on wrapping up my Switch battery project before they come in today. Might get distracted….

68C2C952-C033-472C-9BBB-57C6E635A0FD.jpeg

468A1C40-92C1-46D8-B479-88ABFD60A92B.jpeg

It’s currently 10:10 AM at my house…so 7 hours tops.

e: Ahhhhhhhhh

A71A258A-91C2-44A1-A573-F772A71ADD62.jpeg

E8645CA6-2E44-42DB-842E-340ADAD7CF5F.jpeg

Last edited by binkinator,

mew2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This looks promising. Can't wait to see how those joysticks perform. If there are no mayor problems with the installation, these joysticks will be an instant buy for me.

Reactions: binkinator

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@binkinator are you going to open these up to verify they are indeed hall sensors? I think I might order some but it does feel like it might not actually be hall sensors. Skeptical about this…

Reactions: weatMod

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Commenting to get pinged when one of you writes a review. TBH, I’m more interested in better/sturdier sticks for the pro controller. Bought a 4 (or 5?) pack of regular replacements because I tear them up playing Metroid Dread… changed at least 3 already…

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@binkinator are you going to open these up to verify they are indeed hall sensors? I think I might order some but it does feel like it might not actually be hall sensors. Skeptical about this…

I think it will be pretty obvious if the gimbal mechanism is in place under the pop off joystick caps.

I might tear one down for the team after I get a set installed.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1te4y1H74E/

Chinese YT Gulikit joystick install vid. No Eng sub unfortunately

it looks like it’s going to be just like any other old thumb stick replacement. a test of my patience but nothing too difficult.

https://www.amazon.com/vdp/024bc639...B0BPS1ZW1H&ref=cm_sw_tw_r_ib_dt_m5Ku1jQLupbrL

I think the advert speaks for itself when it says “…cover the back shell and screw it.” 😂

Last edited by binkinator,

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they’re anything like the Steam Deck sticks, the deadzones and sensitivity are gonna suck…
Haven’t tried the ones for the steam deck yet. going to wait for when they start drifting. Does the dead zone and sensitivity adjustments not work?

I think it will be pretty obvious if the gimbal mechanism is in place under the pop off joystick caps.

I might tear one down for the team after I get a set installed.

it looks like it’s going to be just like any other old thumb stick replacement. a test of my patience but nothing too difficult.

https://www.amazon.com/vdp/024bc639...B0BPS1ZW1H&ref=cm_sw_tw_r_ib_dt_m5Ku1jQLupbrL

I think the advert speaks for itself when it says “…cover the back shell and screw it.” 😂
Didn’t think of that but will at least tell you if they are different or not. May not tell you if they are hall though. Guess I will watch this thread. Thanks for biting the bullet for the community!

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn’t think of that but will at least tell you if they are different or not. May not tell you if they are hall though. Guess I will watch this thread. Thanks for biting the bullet for the community!

Testing a Hall Effect Sensor

There are a few ways to check a Hall Effect sensor that comes to mind. The first and most often gotten wrong test is to hold the sensor in your hand while it is hooked up to an ohm meter, then brush a metal object such as a wrench over the sensor. You should see some movement in the meter. Now this is not an absolute-for-sure test that indicates the sensor is in good condition. Although it does show whether or not the sensor can register a signal this is not a good/bad test result. You’ll need to test it further to be sure.

Sauce: http://www.gonzostoolbox.com/knowledgefolder/halleffectsensors.html

I have a wrench and a multi-meter. Unless anyone has a better suggestion I’m going to try this ^^^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over