Homebrew WiiU Homebrew Development

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
In coreinit.h, which basically sets up the access to it in OSv11 via the Browser exploit:
Code:
#if (VER==200)
#define OSDynLoad_Acquire ((void (*)(char* rpl, unsigned int *handle))0x010220AC)
#define OSDynLoad_FindExport ((void (*)(unsigned int handle, int isdata, char *symbol, void *address))0x01022D98)
#define OSFatal ((void (*)(char* msg))0x01027688)
#define __os_snprintf ((int(*)(char* s, int n, const char * format, ... ))0x01025FB4)
#elif (VER==210)
#define OSDynLoad_Acquire ((void (*)(char* rpl, unsigned int *handle))0x0102232C)
#define OSDynLoad_FindExport ((void (*)(unsigned int handle, int isdata, char *symbol, void *address))0x01023018)
#define OSFatal ((void (*)(char* msg))0x01027908)
#define __os_snprintf ((int(*)(char* s, int n, const char * format, ... ))0x01026014)
#elif (VER==300) | (VER==310)
#define OSDynLoad_Acquire ((void (*)(char* rpl, unsigned int *handle))0x01022CBC)
#define OSDynLoad_FindExport ((void (*)(unsigned int handle, int isdata, char *symbol, void *address))0x01023D88)
#define OSFatal ((void (*)(char* msg))0x01028A68)
#define __os_snprintf ((int(*)(char* s, int n, const char * format, ... ))0x01027390)
#elif (VER==400) | (VER==410)
#define OSDynLoad_Acquire ((void (*)(char* rpl, unsigned int *handle))0x01026e60)
#define OSDynLoad_FindExport ((void (*)(unsigned int handle, int isdata, char *symbol, void *address))0x01028460)
#define OSFatal ((void (*)(char* msg))0x0102D01C)
#define __os_snprintf ((int(*)(char* s, int n, const char * format, ... ))0x0102b9ac)
#elif VER==500
#define OSDynLoad_Acquire ((void (*)(char* rpl, unsigned int *handle))0x01029CD8)
#define OSDynLoad_FindExport ((void (*)(unsigned int handle, int isdata, char *symbol, void *address))0x0102B3E4)
#define OSFatal ((void (*)(char* msg))0x01030ECC)
#define __os_snprintf ((int(*)(char* s, int n, const char * format, ... ))0x0102ECE0)
#elif VER==532
#define OSDynLoad_Acquire ((void (*)(char* rpl, unsigned int *handle))0x102a31c)
#define OSDynLoad_FindExport ((void (*)(unsigned int handle, int isdata, char *symbol, void *address))0x102b790)
#define OSFatal ((void (*)(char* msg))0x1031368)
#define __os_snprintf ((int(*)(char* s, int n, const char * format, ... ))0x102f09c)
#else
#error "Unsupported Wii U software version"
#endif

Why does there have to be an different offset/pointer (let alone, at all) for a method that is accessible for every different FW in OSv11? I thought once userland access was obtained, we could just do "OSDynLoad_Acquire" and call it a day?

I guess it is because of how the userland exploit works...
Is it any different in case of the kernel exploit? (Since that one sure must have access, without doing stuff like mentioned above)

smid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I successfully compiled pygecko, codehandler etc but it just hangs when I launch it after I launch the exploit. Anyone have a working version willing to share a compiled version (if it isnt against the rules of course)? I want to host it locally that's why I'm asking

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In coreinit.h, which basically sets up the access to it in OSv11 via the Browser exploit:
Code:
#if (VER==200)
#define OSDynLoad_Acquire ((void (*)(char* rpl, unsigned int *handle))0x010220AC)
#define OSDynLoad_FindExport ((void (*)(unsigned int handle, int isdata, char *symbol, void *address))0x01022D98)
#define OSFatal ((void (*)(char* msg))0x01027688)
#define __os_snprintf ((int(*)(char* s, int n, const char * format, ... ))0x01025FB4)
#elif (VER==210)
#define OSDynLoad_Acquire ((void (*)(char* rpl, unsigned int *handle))0x0102232C)
#define OSDynLoad_FindExport ((void (*)(unsigned int handle, int isdata, char *symbol, void *address))0x01023018)
#define OSFatal ((void (*)(char* msg))0x01027908)
#define __os_snprintf ((int(*)(char* s, int n, const char * format, ... ))0x01026014)
#elif (VER==300) | (VER==310)
#define OSDynLoad_Acquire ((void (*)(char* rpl, unsigned int *handle))0x01022CBC)
#define OSDynLoad_FindExport ((void (*)(unsigned int handle, int isdata, char *symbol, void *address))0x01023D88)
#define OSFatal ((void (*)(char* msg))0x01028A68)
#define __os_snprintf ((int(*)(char* s, int n, const char * format, ... ))0x01027390)
#elif (VER==400) | (VER==410)
#define OSDynLoad_Acquire ((void (*)(char* rpl, unsigned int *handle))0x01026e60)
#define OSDynLoad_FindExport ((void (*)(unsigned int handle, int isdata, char *symbol, void *address))0x01028460)
#define OSFatal ((void (*)(char* msg))0x0102D01C)
#define __os_snprintf ((int(*)(char* s, int n, const char * format, ... ))0x0102b9ac)
#elif VER==500
#define OSDynLoad_Acquire ((void (*)(char* rpl, unsigned int *handle))0x01029CD8)
#define OSDynLoad_FindExport ((void (*)(unsigned int handle, int isdata, char *symbol, void *address))0x0102B3E4)
#define OSFatal ((void (*)(char* msg))0x01030ECC)
#define __os_snprintf ((int(*)(char* s, int n, const char * format, ... ))0x0102ECE0)
#elif VER==532
#define OSDynLoad_Acquire ((void (*)(char* rpl, unsigned int *handle))0x102a31c)
#define OSDynLoad_FindExport ((void (*)(unsigned int handle, int isdata, char *symbol, void *address))0x102b790)
#define OSFatal ((void (*)(char* msg))0x1031368)
#define __os_snprintf ((int(*)(char* s, int n, const char * format, ... ))0x102f09c)
#else
#error "Unsupported Wii U software version"
#endif

Why does there have to be an different offset/pointer (let alone, at all) for a method that is accessible for every different FW in OSv11? I thought once userland access was obtained, we could just do "OSDynLoad_Acquire" and call it a day?

I guess it is because of how the userland exploit works...
Is it any different in case of the kernel exploit? (Since that one sure must have access, without doing stuff like mentioned above)

I'm not exactly sure what your question is. As you seem aware of, the OSDynLoad functions will let you find the addresses of other functions, but to do that, you obviously need the addresses of OSDynLoad functions themselves first. That's why they're hardcoded in there for every version. I also stuck OSFatal() and __os_snprintf() there because it's useful to have debug printing in by default.

Reactions: Adr990

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not exactly sure what your question is. As you seem aware of, the OSDynLoad functions will let you find the addresses of other functions, but to do that, you obviously need the addresses of OSDynLoad functions themselves first. That's why they're hardcoded in there for every version. I also stuck OSFatal() and __os_snprintf() there because it's useful to have debug printing in by default.
Ohh... I see now. Derp.

You need to find OSDynLoad instead and then use it to load a method.
I don't know what I was thinking, I read what OSDynLoad was for... but I seemed to keep thinking that you could just call OSDynLoad it self like a method, without needing to find the method in the memory first.

Thanks for explaining. :)

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know if say OpenDNSUpdater went completely wrong and you didn't realize for some odd reason during the night and your WiiU was on the orange light mode, switched off would it still update itself even spoofed to 5.5.0FW?

Last edited by Reecey,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does anyone know if say OpenDNSUpdater went completely wrong and you didn't realize for some odd reason during the night and your WiiU was on the orange light mode, switched off would it still update itself even spoofed to 5.5.0FW?
wiiu only updates on standby if you have quick start up enabled if you do well spoofed still gets updated, i play online with nintendo servers blocked with the spoof and the wiiu is contantly trying to update.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
wiiu only updates on standby if you have quick start up enabled if you do well spoofed still gets updated, i play online with nintendo servers blocked with the spoof and the wiiu is contantly trying to update.
OK so as long as you don't have quick start enabled in settings on standby it will be ok, which I don't. Cause I'm paranoid of my WiiU updating so I keep unplugging the lead out the back of it but getting fed up of keep doing that.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
OK so as long as you don't have quick start enabled in settings on standby it will be ok, which I don't. Cause I'm paranoid of my WiiU updating so I keep unplugging the lead out the back of it but getting fed up of keep doing that.
yeah go to settings just making sure quick start menu off and download on standby off and such check your settings just in case.

Reactions: Reecey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good