Homebrew Homebrew launcher won't open+ don't know what method my brother used to hack the wiiu

HosamF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help! My brother hacked our wiiu, but I dunno wich method did he use, but anyways, when I try to start the homebrew launcher, it says that an error has occurred, error code 199-9999.

I dunno anything about hacking a wiiu, so I'll need your help! Also, I created another user and the Wii chanel, the disc game loader and maybe one or two more programs aren't there.

I tried putting the SD card inside my laptop, but it doesn't recognize it.

I've tried almost everything ngl, even searching the error code but nothing helps, so I hope someone who can help me reads this

Also sorry for my bad English
Post automatically merged:

There's a photo of the menu (the user who has missing programs) and a video of what happens if I try to open the homebrew launcher

I need help! My brother hacked our wiiu, but I dunno wich method did he use, but anyways, when I try to start the homebrew launcher, it says that an error has occurred, error code 199-9999.

I dunno anything about hacking a wiiu, so I'll need your help! Also, I created another user and the Wii chanel, the disc game loader and maybe one or two more programs aren't there.

I've tried almost everything ngl, even searching the error code but nothing helps, so I hope someone who can help me reads this

There's a photo of the menu (the user who has missing programs) and a video of what happens if I try to open the homebrew launcher

Also, when this happens, the wiiu and the gamepad turn off at different times (I have to turn off the gamepad and then the console)

Attachments

• IMG_20230913_231050.jpg
    IMG_20230913_231050.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
  • VID_20230913_231054.mp4
    38.2 MB

HosamF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also, when this happens, the wiiu and the gamepad turn off at different times (I have to turn off the gamepad and then the console)

Also, it isn't CBHC because it doesn't have a loading message when I start the console

Also, it isn't CBHC because it doesn't have a loading message when I start the console

It also isn't mocha (indexiine) because doesn't launch when I enter the internet browser, so I guess it's either between Mocha (online exploit) or tiramisu

It also isn't mocha (indexiine) because doesn't launch when I enter the internet browser, so I guess it's either between Mocha (online exploit) or tiramisu

OMG THE SD IS WORKING AGAIN!!!

Looks like it's cbhc, I'll attach a picture of the files

Attachments

• 1694887253863990686697903695173.jpg
    1694887253863990686697903695173.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 25
Last edited by HosamF,
Trophies
XP
Looks like regular Haxchi, but it was also done incorrectly if the Web Browser isn't launching anything.

As a side note: the error 999-9999 just means no CFW is running when trying to launch unsigned software.

Trophies
XP
Isn't Haxchi a DS VC exploit?

Yes. Usually done with Brain Age. Although some weirdos host a Haxchi setup that makes it look exactly like the regular Homebrew Launcher app and even weirder people like that- so it always makes it harder to tell.

What it looks like to me is either that was done, or someone either tried to install Haxchi and quit halfway through, or just deleted it after.

This isn't CBHC as there's no Autobooting... text, and it's obviously not Tiramisu as the files don't match.

It honestly just looks like it isn't modded anymore (at least correctly) since there's the CFW error, no Haxchi on the home menu, and the browser exploit doesnt launch anything.

Reactions: SylverReZ

HosamF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Usually done with Brain Age. Although some weirdos host a Haxchi setup that makes it look exactly like the regular Homebrew Launcher app and even weirder people like that- so it always makes it harder to tell.

What it looks like to me is either that was done, or someone either tried to install Haxchi and quit halfway through, or just deleted it after.

This isn't CBHC as there's no Autobooting... text, and it's obviously not Tiramisu as the files don't match.

It honestly just looks like it isn't modded anymore (at least correctly) since there's the CFW error, no Haxchi on the home menu, and the browser exploit doesnt launch anything.
Is there any way I can see if my wiiu recognizes the SD card?

HosamF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your computer has access to it, your Wii U probably will too.
All my brother remembers is that he used to boot the internet browser, and then he would go to a web he doesn't remember it's name, and then the homebrew would boot successfully

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All my brother remembers is that he used to boot the internet browser, and then he would go to a web he doesn't remember it's name, and then the homebrew would boot successfully
https://wiiuexploit.xyz If so it may be a failed Haxchi installation due to no DS VC games that was turned into a Mocha installation.

HosamF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://wiiuexploit.xyz If so it may be a failed Haxchi installation due to no DS VC games that was turned into a Mocha installation.
Uhh, I think I need SERIOUS help, if I try to boot the wiiu, I get a black screen saying: "file missing /vol/external01/wiiu/payload.elf"

Nevermind I watched Portuguese tutorial on YouTube and now the wiiu boots again

OMG THE SD IS WORKING AGAIN!!!

Looks like it's cbhc, I'll attach a picture of the files

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS HOMEBREW BOOTED!!!

Attachments

• 16949052093552785425175925522978.jpg
    16949052093552785425175925522978.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 28
Last edited by HosamF,

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh, I think I need SERIOUS help, if I try to boot the wiiu, I get a black screen saying: "file missing /vol/external01/wiiu/payload.elf"

Nevermind I watched Portuguese tutorial on YouTube and now the wiiu boots again

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS HOMEBREW BOOTED!!!
...CBHC? Or Tiramisu? Also don't use video guides use wiiu.hacks.guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol