I have two users on my wiiu, but one user has some programs that are missing! Even the inserted game loader!

HosamF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soooo I made a post where I said my brother modded my wiiu and I had some problems like not knowing wich method did he use, me don't knowing barely anything about modding a wiiu, the homebrew channel not starting and last but not least, some programs being invisible.

So I wanna talk more deeply about some programs that are currently missing only in one user.

In my user, there are some programs that are missing, like the Wii chanel or even the game disc loader, and I dunno why, the only thing I know is that my brother modded the wiiu, but I'm having problems with that too, I dunno wich method did he use, but I've seen many post of people that also have this problem, but i don't have the knowledge that they have, so I don't understand anything that people say,so I'll need your help with this!

I've also tried putting the SD card in my laptop, but it doesn't recognize it.

HosamF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning,

format your SD fat32 then copy, paste your files on this same SD, then test again.
Good morning, my laptop doesn't recognize it!
Soooo I made a post where I said my brother modded my wiiu and I had some problems like not knowing wich method did he use, me don't knowing barely anything about modding a wiiu, the homebrew channel not starting and last but not least, some programs being invisible.

So I wanna talk more deeply about some programs that are currently missing only in one user.

In my user, there are some programs that are missing, like the Wii chanel or even the game disc loader, and I dunno why, the only thing I know is that my brother modded the wiiu, but I'm having problems with that too, I dunno wich method did he use, but I've seen many post of people that also have this problem, but i don't have the knowledge that they have, so I don't understand anything that people say,so I'll need your help with this!

I've also tried putting the SD card in my laptop, but it doesn't recognize it.
Uhh, why is the wiiu doing that?

Attachments

• lv_0_20230914192316.mp4
    3.6 MB

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your pc can't read the SD card what makes you so sure it's working in the wii u? Maybe this is the reason it's not working properly. Try another SD card. Go here, https://wiiu.hacks.guide and setup the SD card but don't do the actual guide, just setup the SD card and see if you can get the wii u to function.

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He doesn't remember
Lol what?

How long ago did he mod it? Also how did he mod it? Was it with an eshop DS game? Do you have "do not touch" icon on the menu? Do you have a whiteline popup on the gamepad when you boot up the console? Can you actually boot in to vWii mode?

Just trying to narrow it down. I mean, we don't have anything useful to go by with the info you provided.

HosamF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol what?

How long ago did he mod it? Also how did he mod it? Was it with an eshop DS game? Do you have "do not touch" icon on the menu? Do you have a whiteline popup on the gamepad when you boot up the console? Can you actually boot in to vWii mode?

Just trying to narrow it down. I mean, we don't have anything useful to go by with the info you provided.
It doesn't have the "do not touch icon", it also doesn't have the white line popup and I'll asume that the vWii mode is the wii nenu, yes, the wiiu can boot the wii menu
Post automatically merged:

It doesn't have the "do not touch icon", it also doesn't have the white line popup and I'll asume that the vWii mode is the wii nenu, yes, the wiiu can boot the wii menu
He also modded the wiiu maybe in 2016-2017

If your pc can't read the SD card what makes you so sure it's working in the wii u? Maybe this is the reason it's not working properly. Try another SD card. Go here, https://wiiu.hacks.guide and setup the SD card but don't do the actual guide, just setup the SD card and see if you can get the wii u to function.
Thank you, I'll go try it

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
there are some programs that are missing, like the Wii chanel or even the game disc loader
IIRC this happens with a wrongly made region change...

Anyway, es Ettino said we have no starting point whatsoever, so we'll probably need a lot of time to crack this down.... To add to Ettinos quesions and to your last reply:
He also modded the wiiu maybe in 2016-2017
Is the CFW even in coldboot or does he use the browser exploit? What is he doing when entering his account on the Wii U to be able to start homebrews? Do you see "Autobooting..." while the Wii U boots? Does his account show the same issue when started without any network access?

HosamF

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC this happens with a wrongly made region change...

Anyway, es Ettino said we have no starting point whatsoever, so we'll probably need a lot of time to crack this down.... To add to Ettinos quesions and to your last reply:

Is the CFW even in coldboot or does he use the browser exploit? What is he doing when entering his account on the Wii U to be able to start homebrews? Do you see "Autobooting..." while the Wii U boots? Does his account show the same issue when started without any network access?
The console boots like a normal wiiu, with or without network access, but I don't understand what's coldboot

I think maybe I can try to delete the existing cfw and maybe just mod it again with tiramisu?

The console boots like a normal wiiu, with or without network access, but I don't understand what's coldboot

I think maybe I can try to delete the existing cfw and maybe just mod it again with tiramisu?

I think I can use this (I attached the picture)

I think I've got some info that may help us, it isn't haxchi because the app doesn't appear (I even looked in data management) and his search history is: "5.5.2 exploit" and "Wii u image share"

Attachments

• IMG_20230916_130835.jpg
    IMG_20230916_130835.jpg
    699.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 16948853786211404828606627368316.jpg
    16948853786211404828606627368316.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 20
Last edited by HosamF,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users