WiiU Homebrew Development

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by deformyer, Jun 18, 2015.

1. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    You'll need to put /opt/devkitpro/tools/bin on your PATH. One-liner in case you don't know how to do that:
    Code:
    export PATH=/opt/devkitpro/tools/bin:$PATH

or to have that run at login:
    Code:
    echo "export PATH=/opt/devkitpro/tools/bin:$PATH" >> ~/.bashrc
    source ~/.bashrc

(note: I haven't tried the bashrc stuff in WSL, but I'd be very suprised if it didn't work.)

2. Ch0wW

Ch0wW Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2019
    France
    France
    I tried it, but I'm having another problem :
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

This happened on both WSL and MSys2...

Last edited by Ch0wW, Sep 7, 2019
  3. QuarkTheAwesome

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    Yeah, this is another quirk of the tools on Windows. It needs some dll to run that doesn't get found automatically. Try sticking "/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin" on your path as well (same methods as my last post) and see if that fixes it.

depaul likes this.
  4. Ch0wW

Ch0wW Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2019
    France
    France
    That fixes my issue ! Thank you very much !

I'd like to add too the fact I had to use
    Code:
    -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE="$WUT_ROOT/share/wut.toolchain.cmake"
    instead of $DEVKITPRO/wut/share/wut.toolchain.cmake in order to properly compile.

EDIT : and that's not the correct solution for the latter, since it needs correct linking to 2 wut libraries...

Code:
        Run Build Command(s):/usr/bin/make.exe cmTC_d2f16/fast && /usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_d2f16.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_d2f16.dir/build
        make[1] : on entre dans le répertoire « /p/_SOURCECODE/Odamex/odamex_wiiu/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp »
        Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_d2f16.dir/testCCompiler.c.obj
        /opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/powerpc-eabi-gcc.exe  -isystem /opt/wut/include  -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float -Wl,-q -D__WIIU__ -D__WUT__    -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_d2f16.dir/testCCompiler.c.obj   -c /p/_SOURCECODE/Odamex/odamex_wiiu/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/testCCompiler.c
        Linking C executable cmTC_d2f16
        /usr/bin/cmake.exe -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/cmTC_d2f16.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
        /opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/powerpc-eabi-gcc.exe -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float -Wl,-q -D__WIIU__ -D__WUT__   "-L/opt/wut/lib/stubs" -specs=/opt/wut/share/wut.specs  CMakeFiles/cmTC_d2f16.dir/testCCompiler.c.obj  -o cmTC_d2f16 "/opt/wut/lib/libwut.a"
        powerpc-eabi-gcc.exe: error: C:/devkitPro/msys2/opt/wut/lib/libwut.a: No such file or directory
        powerpc-eabi-gcc.exe: error: C:/devkitPro/msys2/opt/wut/share/wut.specs: No such file or directory
        make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTC_d2f16.dir/build.make:87: cmTC_d2f16] Error 1
        make[1] : on quitte le répertoire « /p/_SOURCECODE/Odamex/odamex_wiiu/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp »
        make: *** [Makefile:121: cmTC_d2f16/fast] Error 2

LAST EDIT : Problem fixed : This also needed to be added :

Code:
    export WUT_ROOT=$DEVKITPRO/wut
    However, are there functions for proper network support ? I mean, since I don't seem to find a few functions here and there...

Last edited by Ch0wW, Sep 8, 2019
    depaul likes this.
  5. QuarkTheAwesome

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    Odd that you couldn't get $DEVKITPRO/wut working, you might not be using the latest release? try running pacman -Syu in your msys2 install. That said, I guess it's not the end of the world.
    For network functions, you'll want to include <nsysnet/socket.h> and <whb/libmanager.h>, call WHBInitializeSocketLibrary and WHBDeinitializeSocketLibrary as appropriate, then you should be able to use the standard BSD socket functions (socket/recv/accept/send). Don't try and use read/write on a socket, that hasn't been implemented in the libc yet.