1. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    i was saying vs playing them on original hardware or even backwards compat ps3 since they have no save states xD

2. ChoroGalaxia000

Newcomer

Chile
    Hey, the emulator seems to work pretty well. There's an issue with the music tempo on Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions, I haven't tested the main games as I do not have enough space on my SD card. But the music sounds really slow in VR missions. By any chance, do you know what the CPP file of the music emulation is in the github? I might be able to tweak a few values and get it to work correctly in a way. I can't find anything related to audio.

If this has been addressed before, could someone please tell me if there's a fix for it?

Last edited by ChoroGalaxia000, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Ripster

Ripster Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Sweden
    Same, I have tried different methods by removing the FMV folder. The game boot until the Playstation logo appears in a glitched version then Freezing. I belive there is more to do by just removing the FMV folder unfortunately.. Tried to get in touch with the guy who made Driver 2 possible on the Wii without any luck.

Please, let us know how this is done. :)

4. StanMarsh

StanMarsh Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Something I've noticed with this emulator ...

If you run PAL versions with frame skip on and frame limit off, gameplay is usually pretty smooth.

5. TSP184

TSP184 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Arab Emirates
    Hello. Does anyone know if Mega Man Legends 2 and The Misadventures of Tron Bonne both work and are playable ? I plan on testing these games personally later.

6. armaldodo

armaldodo Member
    Newcomer

Peru
    Megaman x4 x5 x6 is now working, I saw a video with the last new build, but the video is hard to find, search good I suggest

7. TSP184

TSP184 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Arab Emirates
    Thanks, I’ll go check. If you can, could you please send a link of the video ?

Last edited by TSP184, Dec 29, 2020
  8. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    you mean the build that is not released yet? or the one current released? because if its not released doesnt matter too much saying the games work but you cant download that build lol

9. niuus

OP niuus GBAtemp Maniac

Venezuela
    I've said it before at the previous page, and i'll say it again to remind you all: refrain from quoting or taking the posts from that specific user seriously. He is almost single handedly the reason i stopped sharing updates about WiiSXRX. I can't block his bullshit advice or fake tips from being posted on this thread. NO, i didn't make any video of any "last new build". All the compatibility changes post WiiSXRX 2.5 reside only on my Wii's SD card and my computer.

FF IX works when the FMV are removed. This is something that i personally did, not something i read about, hence why i posted pictures of the game a couple of hours into the story. No, there isn't anything else special to do to the image, unless you are thinking that just deleting the video folder will make it work. You would obviously need to rebuild a proper PSX image, for which there are tools available.

Last edited by niuus, Dec 30, 2020
    boomerang42 and RacsoSakuraba like this.
  10. Ripster

Ripster Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Sweden
    @niuus That's great! I have not tried with FFIX. I will give it a shot :) did you also had to rebuild the PSX image for this, or? If I may ask, what tools are req to rebuild a PSX image? This may not consern WiiSXRX it self, but I would love to know. I thought (for Driver 2 for example) that all I had to do was simply remove the FMV..

I appreciate your help!

11. armaldodo
    This message by armaldodo has been removed from public view by VinsCool, Dec 30, 2020, Reason: Pointless.
    Dec 30, 2020
  12. niuus

OP niuus GBAtemp Maniac

Venezuela
    -snip-
    I can't say what's worse, LOL: proving again that you are an ignorant spreader of lies, for using a random youtube comment as a source, or the xenophobic slur in your comment. You're only hurting yourself, little buddy. Is everything okey inside your home?

Google psx iso rebuilding. There are a couple of methods to do it.

Last edited by VinsCool, Dec 30, 2020 - Reason: Removed quoted post
    Ripster and RacsoSakuraba like this.
  13. Lucaskame921

Lucaskame921 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    @niuus Could you check the problem of input lag with the unofficial Wii classic controls? is having some problems in games that demand a little more precision like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night in which, to run, it is necessary to press the directional pad twice and because of the input lag this does not happen and in several other platform games with Megamen X ...

14. niuus

OP niuus GBAtemp Maniac

Venezuela
    I don't have any unofficial Wii Classic controllers to test nor try to correct issues.

15. StanMarsh

StanMarsh Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
  16. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Psycho!

Austria
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiisx-rx-a-new-fork.570252/page-5#post-9175135
    niuus confirms the first Tomb Raider game running on WiiSX RX.

Here are the patches for Tomb Raider 1 and 2 to make the games run on WiiSX RX.
    https://www.psx-place.com/resources/tomb-raider-i-and-ii-patches.965/

rogerioronin likes this.
  17. StanMarsh

StanMarsh Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
  18. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Psycho!

Austria
    StanMarsh likes this.
  19. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    im guessing this was becuase the first tombraider games had issues starting on ps3 native emulator sony did? i wonder what the hell they do so the games cant start or cant choose the levels or whatever happened there.

StanMarsh likes this.
  20. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Psycho!

Austria
    Dunno. Maybe it got something to do with the music.
    "These patches will enable music (CDDA) and will allow to start game."

StanMarsh likes this.
  21. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    so if cdda didnt play the game wouldnt start im guessing, preety wierd codding lol.

Dodain47 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - WiiSX,