1. niuus

OP niuus GBAtemp Maniac

Venezuela
    You're pretty much the main reason i stopped sharing updates about WiiSXRX. Stop misleading users and giving fake uninformed 'advice'.

It is a known issue, i'd suggest you to read the full thread. Anyway, it was fixed in a private build along with another MMX game, among others.

There is a specific function to swap discs, inside Current ISO. It will not work with each and every game, so sometimes some workarounds are needed, i.e: Heart of Darkness.

Zense and RacsoSakuraba like this.
  2. RacsoSakuraba

RacsoSakuraba GBAtemp Regular

Venezuela
    Too bad there are users like this, thanks for the answer (I hadn't realized that there was such an option) and well, keep it up and I hope the day there is a great build update. (referring to improvements in compatibility even details)

3. TSP184

TSP184 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Arab Emirates
    Alright, I’ll check the Thread for that build, thank you very much.

Edit : I may have misunderstood what you said, so could you please send me a PM with the private build link, please ? Thank you in advance.

Last edited by TSP184, Nov 15, 2020
  4. niuus

OP niuus GBAtemp Maniac

Venezuela
    You completely misunderstood, i am definitely not offering any private builds. What is being suggested is that you read the full thread so you are on the loop about what games are already known to stop loading, crash, etc., and even some tips that you may find from others users along the way.

I even got some other minor games working months ago, including a semi obscure rails shooter.

5. TSP184

TSP184 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Arab Emirates
    Okay, sorry for misunderstanding and thank you.

6. niuus

OP niuus GBAtemp Maniac

Venezuela
    I would really recommend you to use the Gamecube port. You wouldn't need to emulate, and you could have the entire Mega Man X collection available in one menu.

If you play the originals too, then you should not miss playing them with the absolutely essential FIX94 patch that fixes audio for all the games.

https://github.com/FIX94/gc-mm-collection-patcher/releases

Also useful is this cheat to invert the shoot-jump actions, which were poorly implemented by Capcom when playing with a GCN controller.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/page-549#post-5063513
    Here's a patch version:
    https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2286/

Or if you fancy some arranged music to play the classics, here's a patch for you:
    https://www.romhacking.net/translations/3028/

Zense and TSP184 like this.
  7. DaturaInoxia

DaturaInoxia Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Niuus, thank you for your great work!

Last edited by DaturaInoxia, Nov 17, 2020
    symphonic5 and niuus like this.
  8. TSP184

TSP184 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Arab Emirates
    Okay, thank you very much for giving me all these links.

9. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    don't let people discourage you from continuing the development if fix94 had let people like this to discourage him , nintendont would have never have the compatibility and features it has today, same with not64 where extrems keeps doing 1 or 2 updates a year to this day.

using vwii overclock basicaly every game i tryed runs fullspeed with good audio besides the missing cdda and its nice to play.

Zense and Dodain47 like this.
  10. niuus

OP niuus GBAtemp Maniac

Venezuela
    Oh, i didn't wanted to stop development, i will stop only when i don't enjoy adding to it anymore. What i did lose was, in fact, the will to share updates, as the mentioned user (as well as one or other, in a lesser way) kept making false facts about compatibility, or interpreting the news as magical instantaneous additions to already released versions, which kept being mildly annoying after a while. There's even a new peripheral support added to it and it was fun to see it working, as it could be a cool addition for many players.

Yeah, even if it runs full speed with a whole lot of games on the Wii, playing it on the Wii U is indeed a nice way to push the "almost perfect" games list to the max, for those titles that need the extra grunt. I do enjoy a lot playing PSX on these consoles. What i would love right now is for a hidden hacker to release a new and improved method for CFW on the Wii U, or maybe Mocha/Haxchi to evolve further someday, who knows.

Last edited by niuus, Nov 23, 2020
    Maxbeta and Dodain47 like this.
  11. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    well i use cbhc and its just perfect for me on wiiu, cfw on boot cant beat that :P

Well if you ever want to share the uodates im preety sure everyone would appreciate, i was the main tester of nintendont and i tested thousands of games :P

I perfer to play games on wiiu due to save states xD some ps1 games are way too hard for me this days to just play through with doing the same sections over and over.

Tototi likes this.
  12. Maxbeta

Maxbeta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    How much of a coding challenge would it be to get cdda to work properly? Is it something you could manage doing Niuus?

I’d be willing to start a donation pool if it means getting it finally working.

Also, has anybody tested either of the 2 Street Fighter II Collection roms? I’m trying to get Disc 2 - Zero 2 Gold to run but get black screen on both discs even with bios.

13. JustinJustin

JustinJustin Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    With the continuous development, I was wondering if you have though of finding a way to simplify the game selection process? Maybe when selecting a game it would autoboot the game instead of having to click on play game after selecting? I would personally never comply about updated emulators and appreciate all work you put into this. Have you compiled any newer versions since 2.5?

14. DarthBellic

DarthBellic Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    has a working wii u inject been made yet?

15. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    i just use ploggys wiiu inject for wiisx and rename the folder of wiisxrx in apps to wiisx to boot this so it works pretty easily for me lol

16. DarthBellic

Newcomer

United States
    got a link to a thread where i could get it?

17. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    Not sure if i can share it if not anyone please tell me, since its only a fowarder it should be fine by the rules?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9qjf0c7b9c4y6yi/wiisxr_vwii_overclock_and_gamepad.rar/file

basicaly this looks for
    sd:apps/wiisxr/boot.dol

so just rename your wiisxrx folder in sd:apps to wiisxr and leave everything else untouched and you are fine.

18. DarthBellic

Newcomer

United States
    thx so much i hope u dont get in trouble for this m8

19. niuus

OP niuus GBAtemp Maniac

Venezuela
    So, basically i've designed and tested a WiiSX RX specific forwarder for Wii U so you keep using an old one for another emulator? You people are funny sometimes. :rofl:
    https://github.com/niuus/WiiSXRX/releases

Save states work fine on Wii.

Hmm, enticing. :unsure:

My time has been really short these days and low on income, so i can't say yes right away. I'll think about it, otherwise it would be great if someone sees your proposal and migrates another CD plugin (and probably sound) for possible CDDA use.

Not working on my list. I did make some tries to get it running some months ago, btw.

I like the way it is, tbh.

And yes, i have up to 3.0. All those builds have new games working.

Last edited by niuus, Nov 28, 2020
    Maxbeta and rogerioronin like this.
  20. DarthBellic

Newcomer

United States
    my apologies, i tried searching for one to no avail, thank u for this

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - WiiSX,