Homebrew WiiMC RELEASED!!! (Wii Media Center)

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
squirrelman10 said:
im guessing ppl are having the same trouble as me 1.5 channel does not work with HDDs? it works off the HBC, so i hope they can fix the channel installer bug

It works perfectly fine with my HDD.
smile.gif

dandee68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiMC channel 1.5 will reset your wii if you have wiimc in the apps folder of your HDD AND you have an SD Card inserted in your wii.

Solution 1 - remove the SD card when running the channel.

Solution 2 - run wiimc from HBC.

Solution 3 - put wiimc in apps folder on SD card. (recommended)

obviously there must be a simple error in the channel but i'm not an expert so I can't fix it and will just have to wait till they make a new one.

dandee68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more thing - I think the problem is wiimc channel 1.5 looks for sd:apps\wiimc first then usb:apps\wiimc but the problem is when it doesn't find it on sd it resets the wii rather than moving on to check the usb. Just my logical guess.

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dandee68 said:
One more thing - I think the problem is wiimc channel 1.5 looks for sd:apps\wiimc first then usb:apps\wiimc but the problem is when it doesn't find it on sd it resets the wii rather than moving on to check the usb. Just my logical guess.

Not really a bug...more of a design choice. It expects that if you have an SD card you'd be using it to load WiiMC. Otherwise it has to go to the work of mounting your USB drive AND reading the DOL from it - which takes much longer.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Tantric said:
dandee68 said:

Not really a bug...more of a design choice. It expects that if you have an SD card you'd be using it to load WiiMC. Otherwise it has to go to the work of mounting your USB drive AND reading the DOL from it - which takes much longer.

Makes sense for it to try to use the SD card first, doesn't make sense that it doesn't allow the user to run the app how they want.

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really what doesn't make a lot of sense is having an SD card in your Wii but not wanting to load the DOL from it. Loading from SD is much faster as USB drives need to spin up to be mounted. But whatever, I'll change this in the next channel release.

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello

i just discovered that both usb ports work.

but i don't understand why i can't select wich one i want to use.

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gan1664 said:
hello

i just discovered that both usb ports work.

but i don't understand why i can't select wich one i want to use.

because this isn't supported by the wii homebrew foundation (libogc).

VassagoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome job guys. It would be cool if we could get MP3+G support. I can quickly see this becoming comparable to XBMC in the future.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the wiimc channel freezes at loading screen and yes retried 1.5 installer to see if it works it just sits at loading

im going to redownload both wiimc 1.1.0, and the 1.5 channel, because now wiimc will not read my usb drive anymore and it did on 1.09

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure you're actually installing 1.5 and not 1.4? If you just copied over the files for the 1.4 installer you'll have a boot.elf and boot.dol and HBC will launch the wrong one.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i downloaded your latest versions of channel and player and they still dont work, i deleted and added the new versions of them idk what happened that made them stop working the player was working awhile back tried booting it up tonight and it wouldnt read my usb idk why

changeling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone else is having this issue. Since updating to the latest channel and player I've been noticing pixelation/glitches in video playback towards the top of my screen specifically, across several different video files. This is streaming from Samba...haven't tested it with USB yet.

The same files will look fine in MPlayerCE and I noticed mplayer cached quite a bit slower than wiimc, so I tried increasing my cache size from 30% to 100%, and it seemed to help somewhat but I'm still seeing ugly glitches.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking about just downgrading to 1.07 or 1.08 (had sync issues with 1.09).

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
changeling said:
Not sure if anyone else is having this issue. Since updating to the latest channel and player I've been noticing pixelation/glitches in video playback towards the top of my screen specifically, across several different video files. This is streaming from Samba...haven't tested it with USB yet.

The same files will look fine in MPlayerCE and I noticed mplayer cached quite a bit slower than wiimc, so I tried increasing my cache size from 30% to 100%, and it seemed to help somewhat but I'm still seeing ugly glitches.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking about just downgrading to 1.07 or 1.08 (had sync issues with 1.09).

This has been fixed for the next version.

changeling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to know it's not just me and that it's been fixed. Looking forward to the next version - wiimc is great and I'd really rather use it than mplayerce.

papschieter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

First of all: Thanks for this great software!

I'm pretty new to this and I have a problem with the WiiMC Channel (I've tried both 1.4 and 1.5). The channel starts and returns to the Wii dash very quickly after the loading screen. I even tried without DVD/SD/USB in the slots. No dice. The HBC version, however, is working fine.

Can you guys give me some clues on how to get more info on the problem?

Thanks in advance!

LDrifter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
papschieter said:
Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to this and I have a problem with the WiiMC Channel (I've tried both 1.4 and 1.5). The channel starts and returns to the Wii dash very quickly after the loading screen. I even tried without DVD/SD/USB in the slots. No dice. The HBC version, however, is working fine.

Thanks in advance!
This usually happens for me when the path that the forwarder is looking for is wrong. Check your USB/SD card for apps/wiimc/boot.dol

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
papschieter said:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!

The WiiMC Channel is just a forwarder, you still need to have the boot.dol in the appropriate location on your SD or USB to load WiiMC.
I.e. SD:/Apps/WiiMC/Boot.dol

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiMC

papschieter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the replies!

I'm pretty sure the files on the SD were: "SD:/Apps/WiiMC/Boot.dol"

I finally got it working by removing both versions from the SD, put them on again, removed the channel from the Wii and started the HBC version first before installing and running the channel. It saves settings after boot. Then I exited and installed and started the channel and it's working fine. I'm not sure if it has something to do with that order but it's working for me.

Thanks again
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1