DarkStalkerBR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I'm using WiiMC because all claims it to be the best Media Center for Wii.
I think WiiMC is awesome, and have lot of features like shoutcast and youtube.

But I have a problem playing DVDs.
The movie plays, but I can't use the DVD Menus.
WiiMC get so confused on geting to DVD menus and just don't work on let me choose the options available.
There is a button on Controller to get to Title menu??? How to navigate when I finally get there?

Today I installed the version 1.2.0 and tried the SMB, that was pretty easy to configure.
And WiiMC loads and play a DVD ISO that was on my PC. Fantastic!

But the problem persists.

How can a player do so many things and fails on this basic funcionality?
I just want to point and setup my DVD movie!

Any cheap DVD player easily let me use the DVD menus.
WiiMC have lot of things but fails in this simple thing.

Anyone can help me fix this problem?

And thanks for all the help on Wii Homebrew Scene.
Wii was nothing without it.
rolleyes.gif

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is the solution you're looking for, but I'm pretty sure you can go into WiiMC's options and tell it to skip straight to the DVD movie instead of going to the menu.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiMC isn't great with DVD menus. You have two options: Either point at the screen, and hope for the best (I find I have to aim a centimetre or two to the right of where I actually want to click, but it used to be below until a recent update. I think it could be different for different people for some reason) OR make sure you are NOT pointing at the screen and use the d-pad to navigate (although there is NO cursor or anything to show where is selected so you sort of have to guess).

I don't know why they haven't added some sort of indication of which menu item is selected, this has been brought up at the WiiMC official forums.

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DVD menus on mplayer suck, really. Your best bet is using a real DVD or Blu-ray player. I'm not going to waste time trying to improve this functionality - as I myself have no use for it, with DVD/Blu-ray players being so cheap competant for this task. I think there's more important things to focus on.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry off topic, but is dealing with wiimc. how do i get to add web pages (hulu, an other sites). i use playon tv. it works good. for a pay site. but would like to use wiimc for this.(cutting budget.) thank you Tantric. or anyone who knows the answer.

DarkStalkerBR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tantric said:
DVD menus on mplayer suck, really. Your best bet is using a real DVD or Blu-ray player. I'm not going to waste time trying to improve this functionality - as I myself have no use for it, with DVD/Blu-ray players being so cheap competant for this task. I think there's more important things to focus on.

First, thanks for replies.

Tantric, I know that DVD/Blu-ray players are now cheap, and I undestand your argument.

But my argument is that I download some HD movies and some DVD ISO movies to. Like lot of people do.
To play that DVDs, I need to burn a DVD and them play on these players.
But with SMB I can watch over my network, without the need to buy some DVDs that I will never use again, and without losing time waiting burn.

I like WiiMC and all this can do. But, from user point of view, I really think that a Media Center need to do this basic function.

What I see from previous replies is that some navigate functions are already implemented, just some wrong positions or cursor that don't refresh to the correct position.

I think that your argument, for all WiiMC can do, need to be the replace of other MC (for a 480p videos).
So we can say: "With WiiMC I don't need other media centers to do different tasks. WiiMC can do easily anything."

That's the reason of WiiMC, no?

DarkStalkerBR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
I don't think easier movie piracy is likely to feature in tantric's motivations for developing WiiMC.

But last month I rent some movies on DVD (originals) and try to use WiiMC to watch it.
And I can't.

Fix DVD menu function on a Media Center is some that need to be done, independent of piracy or not. No?

We can buy CD/DVD/Blu-ray Burners. If you use for piracy is your choice.
Some use just to backup/transfer their personal files. Understand?

Moreover, Media Players (including WiiMC) can read movie file formats that is used for piracy to.

It's not the DVD menu fix that will transform WiiMC in a media center for piracy...
It's just something that will increase is functionality.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Tantric said:
Who said anything about MPlayer?

Edit: Speaking of important things to focus on, how about adding 202 support to WiiMC? Like most, I hate IOS58 because it's so much slower and often doesn't even work with my USB drive. In a way, I really wish Team Twiizers had never added support for it because so much homebrew took a huge performance hit.

I've been using a beta version that rodries posted which supports it (yay, USB on WiiMC is functional again!), but I'm tired of getting prompted to update every time. If you won't re-add 202-awesomness, a lot of people will just have to stick with the beta (or a 1.0.6), but it would be nice to use updated versions.

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JoostinOnline said:
Tantric said:

I did. WiiMC uses MPlayer to play files / display DVD menus.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Tantric said:
JoostinOnline said:
Tantric said:

I did. WiiMC uses MPlayer to play files / display DVD menus.
Okay. Did you see my edit?

DarkStalkerBR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
I don't think easier movie piracy is likely to feature in tantric's motivations for developing WiiMC.

But last month I rent some movies on DVD (originals) and try to use WiiMC to watch it.
And I can't.

Fix DVD menu function on a Media Center is some that need to be done, independent of piracy or not. No?

We can buy CD/DVD/Blu-ray Burners. If you use for piracy is your choice.
Some use just to backup/transfer their personal files. Understand?

Moreover, Media Players (including WiiMC) can read movie file formats that is used for piracy to.

It's not the DVD menu fix that will transform WiiMC in a media center for piracy...
It's just something that will increase is functionality.

Sorry for double post.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
[snip]...

Edit: Speaking of important things to focus on, how about adding 202 support to WiiMC? Like most, I hate IOS58 because it's so much slower and often doesn't even work with my USB drive. In a way, I really wish Team Twiizers had never added support for it because so much homebrew took a huge performance hit.

I've been using a beta version that rodries posted which supports it (yay, USB on WiiMC is functional again!), but I'm tired of getting prompted to update every time. If you won't re-add 202-awesomness, a lot of people will just have to stick with the beta (or a 1.0.6), but it would be nice to use updated versions.

+1 (+ a million if that would matter)! i agree...DVD menu support should be low on the priority list.

i am having .avi playback issues with anything >1.0.6 on certain wiis (including the 1.1.8-202MOD; some wii's have no issues on any version though oddly even though they are set up the same)....

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have perfect legit copy's (digital download cd). an was having problems watching them from usb. until i went to the 202b. they work now. also i think you can remove the promp in wiimc..(update). in the xml. or settings. sdcard reader went to sh**. so waiting on new one. still would like to know if i can add web pages like the youtube.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1