Hacking Wii U reseller doesnt want to repair my device, screw Nintendo

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
oh god the same thing that samsung tried to do on their phones ,if you root you are out of warranty ,news to all of you considering this legal ,to europe they must prove that the problem did occured due to the modification to refuse repair, i ve won a case against samsung on my country refusing to replace my 3months phone screen cause it was rooted , how on earth root would create dead pixels i dont know and either them ;) they can bitch all around but the law is strict to such cases ,there is no excuses to approve such movements as an end consumers . If you live in europe learn your sale rights

Reactions: osaka35 and Kiesel

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mentioned that in my first post, but some incompetent mod deleted it for not containing English words (even though it did as a summary at the end, duh).
What makes you think the mod is incompetent for deleting your non-english reply? As far as I'm concerned, he's doing a fine job cleaning this forum. It's in the terms and rules that you accepted when you signed up: "All posts should be made in legible English. Do not make posts or topics in foreign languages, they are likely to be closed.". You're posting on an english forum, so post in english. I know the OP you were replying to, and you, are both german, but he posted in english, following the rules. So should you. If you insist to write to him in german, why not use private messages?

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
What makes you think the mod is incompetent for deleting your non-english reply? As far as I'm concerned, he's doing a fine job cleaning this forum. It's in the terms and rules that you accepted when you signed up: "All posts should be made in legible English. Do not make posts or topics in foreign languages, they are likely to be closed.". You're posting on an english forum, so post in english. I know the OP you were replying to, and you, are both german, but he posted in english, following the rules. So should you. If you insist to write to him in german, why not use private messages?
But as he said, he did post the summary of what he said in English. I understand that you have to post in English, but that includes posting in another language, along with the English translation right after it? And yes, he could have PM'd it to him, but by posting it in the thread, it could help other people too. I agree he should have been a bit nicer in his wording to the mods though.

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, last week i took my Console to my reseller (Saturn, its like gamestop) and they send it in for me.
Read the quick text here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sending-in-wii-u-for-a-repair-feedback.420620/
They send it back not repaired and said they won't repair it because i installed a cIos on the vWii.
The reseller said i should talk to Nintendo or go to a lawyer, because im pretty sure that i have the right for my warranty allthought Nintendo said its gone.

What can i do now, or what should i do?

@HerdHub said :
It depends on the country you are in. If you're from Europe you can call them and say that they are obliged by law to repair the device as long as you still have warranty on it. (It's important here that you *bought* the device in that country AND you're still have the "law warranty" which might differ in some countries but afaik it's 2 years in germany. It's also important that the company is from europe or at least "sells from" europe. Since the EU headquarters are in germany you should be fine)

This is according to eu directive 1999/44/ce. Since you're from Germany here's the link: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:1999:171:0012:0016:DE:PDF
I would advice you to read this: http://www.computerbild.de/artikel/...raenkt-Gewaehrleistung-nicht-ein-7905308.html (Since I would call computerbild a decent source)

Just remember: Almost every company is trying to "break" certain laws and will only act after you notify them that you have a right to a specific service. As long as a) you still have warranty and b) the software mod didn't cause the problem you should be perfectly fine. Call them and tell them that they are obliged to repair according to eu directive 1999/44/ce. If he tells you some random bullshit ask him for his name and tell him that you want to be redirected to his superior. They will most likely be more helpful and fulfil your request.

Its a 7 Min Fix!!! I do it for $125 + You pay for Shipping
Ship it back the same day .

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But as he said, he did post the summary of what he said in English. I understand that you have to post in English, but that includes posting in another language, along with the English translation right after it? And yes, he could have PM'd it to him, but by posting it in the thread, it could help other people too. I agree he should have been a bit nicer in his wording to the mods though.
I can't say if the rule also apply to bilingual posts, but, imho, bilingual posts still is kind of cluttering a thread. You have to skip to the english version, and there is no guarantee that the translation is accurate. And yes, I agree that his post was useful (mentioning the possibility of using a component cable). But the way to make it really useful to a lot of users, is to post it in english.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you guys for the recommendations and help!
Im going to solve this problem via Letter/E-Mail cause the service workers at "Saturn" are incompetent, i dont wanna bother with them, I guess they dont respect me cause they dont give a :wub: about a 16 year old kid going for his rights.

But one thing is sure...
I will get my Wii replaced or Repaired and i'll fight till they agree. :whip:

I will keep posting progress, that will maybe helpful for someone who will have this problem too :hrth:

tri_fin

Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting read! It seems you have decent rights in Germany. Of course modding the software has no effect on the hdmi port!

I am sure this will annoy many but why do you all just care about the word of the law? There is also what is right and what is wrong. It is your world you can and ought to define what you feel is correct. The law is written by people for people. It's your world don't let the lawyers define your world! It is clear the re-seller is wrong in this case.

As a side point I have often found that the young men who seem to work at these places are really keen to say 'NO' but if you send it back the sensible technicians just repair it and send it back. I bricked my 2DS and they just unbricked it for me. They recently replaced the cartridge bay in my daughter's n3ds after she rammed a stylus in there. Both those cases are not covered by UK consumer law. But be sensible connect the system by another cable and do a system reset.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Send the system directly to Nintendo. At the very least they're likely to (at a cost since any official warranty was intentionally and willfully broken) move its eShop game licenses to a replacement unit.

3rd party repairs are asking for trouble.

tri_fin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hitler literally did nothing wrong.

Is that what you really take from what I said? Amazing!

If the hdmi port is faulty it ought to be replaced, anything else is just legal waffle. Would you prefer that as he broke the law by soft modding his console that all his warranties be revoked as he is basically a criminal? That said I wouldn't be surprised that if he had a job at Nintendo he would be first in line to tell someone they had invalidated their warranty..

Trumpz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Jailbraking isn't the same thing - but I know what you mean

Well, if he is talking about the vWii then yes, it could be considered jailbroken. He does have the CIOS installed (which is why the seller refused to honor his warranty), and that was what his original message stated.

Last edited by Trumpz,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if he is talking about the vWii then yes, it could be considered jailbroken. He does have the CIOS installed, and that was what his original message stated.
The Wii doesn't run programs in "Jails". It would be considered jailbreaking if you managed to launch a program in vWii and got it to run on the full Wii U hardware

Trumpz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
The Wii doesn't run programs in "Jails". It would be considered jailbreaking if you managed to launch a program in vWii and got it to run on the full Wii U hardware

Well, running a CFW on a PS3 is considered Jailbreaking, I can only assume that if you are running CIOS it would be considered the same thing. Since CIOS is somewhat like CFW. Also, technically Jailbreaking, the term itself, means to remove limitations of the platform. Nothing else.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, running a CFW on a PS3 is considered Jailbreaking, I can only assume that if you are running CIOS it would be considered the same thing. Since CIOS is somewhat like CFW. Also, technically Jailbreaking, the term itself, means to remove limitations of the platform. Nothing else.
That's because the PS3 runs all of its programs in virtual jails

Edit: Read through this

Last edited by TotalInsanity4,
Reactions: Net-KILLER

Trumpz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Trumpz,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it is also considered a kernel patch as well... just like when we use the web exploit. So...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/249091/geek_101_what_is_jailbreaking_.html
Nothing in there about running anything in "virtual jails"
You are awful at reading
the article you linked said:
iPhone hackers first coined the term "jailbreaking" in reference to breaking the iPhone out of Apple’s iTunes “jail.” The term has since been (somewhat erroneously) used in a more general sense to refer to similar hacks made to other platforms like Android, where it's also known as “rooting”. In any case, the basic concept is the same, regardless of what you call it.

Reactions: Net-KILLER

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1