Why is the Nintendo fanbase like *vaguely gestures* this?

Deleted member 672055

OP
Trophies
XP
I love how you ignored my perfectly good solution. It looks like you weren't looking for an answer but to complain. Maybe you're more like the people you're complaining about than you realise! Do yourself a favour and remove yourself from the negativity. You remind me of myself in my constantly online fanboy days.
me when people complain in a thread made for complaining

btw are the fanboys any better though, i just got racism flinged at me because i dared to say nintendo can't be arsed to build a proper online infrastructure

• Haha
Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

Vetusomaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I totally get where this is coming from, but even as someone with very little "love" for either Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft, I feel like people should rant about the mere existence of the MK 1 Switch port.
And how is that Nintendo's fault? MK is made by Warner Bros, a useless company that can't even make a fighting game without taking too much space while even Nintendo's open world action/adventure and rpg games don't take more than 15-20 GBs. Remember when third party companies used to do miracles like Capcom fitting a 2 CDs game (Resident Evil 2) into a Nintendo 64 cartridge without any sacrifices (besides the CGI cut-scenes) ? Even back then MK creators were useless, with the MK4 cut-scenes for N64 being trash.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so at this point why bother with even piracy if their products are this dogshit? lmao

Did you actually read what the catboy wrote ?

I actually had supported Nintendo the entire time with the Switch until they started pumping out unfinished games, shitty subscription services, DLC in first and second party games, terrible eShop deals, removed VC for a shit subscription services, added another subscription service with more shit emulation, both locked behind an online DRM, and so much more. Nintendo doesn’t deserve my money or respect, I am voting with my wallet by pirating their games exclusively.

It is not about the games themselve beeing bad but everything else so he says that he is pirating good and not shit games because he wants to play those good games but doesn't want to support a company that goes more and more anti customer which partially makes sense ....

Of course as some people here said this is an easy and simple way to defend piracy but it does make sense.
If you are only pissed about all those extra stuff nintendo does to rip every dime out of your wallet you don't want to support them but if you still love their games you want to play them which is kind of a dilema.

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did you actually read what the catboy wrote ?

It is not about the games themselve beeing bad but everything else so he says that he is pirating good and not shit games because he wants to play those good games but doesn't want to support a company that goes more and more anti customer which partially makes sense ....

Of course as some people here said this is an easy and simple way to defend piracy but it does make sense.
If you are only pissed about all those extra stuff nintendo does to rip every dime out of your wallet you don't want to support them but if you still love their games you want to play them which is kind of a dilema.
To be fair, I don't care to justify or moralize piracy. My reasons aren't a justification, they are simply my own reasons behind my actions. I am pirating Nintendo games because I don't want to support their other shitty practices. I am not saying that's a good reason or not to pirate because I honestly don't care. Nintendo has lost my respect and thus doesn't deserve my money. Equally, I complain because I know Nintendo has done better and believe as a customer that we deserve better than what we've been getting.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
me when people complain in a thread made for complaining

btw are the fanboys any better though, i just got racism flinged at me because i dared to say nintendo can't be arsed to build a proper online infrastructure
We all know you are American. Please don't try to fake the funk using phrases like "arsed" to hide the fact that you ARE a self-loathing American who is desperate for attention.

How many topics of yours do I need to get locked before you learn your lesson?

Reactions: The Catboy

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
...I'm just going to ignore all the replies and answer the OP straight away (with my version on the take):

Talking trash is a hobby. Perhaps initially individuals started doing it in the hope their criticism would get picked up and a better product would emerge (all thanks to the single feedback of said individuel), but some games later that naive hope is squished and they do it either out of peer pressure or because it gives them dopamine to pretend they know how to make video games better than video game veterans.

Neither option has anything to do with spending behavior. People have an opinion on what they have, no matter whether they bought it or pirated it.
...come to think of it, I think they're more likely to complain if they buy it (invested value and such), but I've got no data to prove that. :unsure:

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
People want Nintendo to do better. Doesn't mean they don't still make games that are worth playing, but they have gone downhill from what they used to be. And it makes me sad when I see a release that I know could be so much better, but is held back by laziness, being a cash grab, or stupid internal policies.

Reactions: Ligeia

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just because I play Switch games doesn't mean I have to be a sheep and bow down to every disgusting business practice of theirs...

Being a fan/customer shouldn't prevent anyone from exercicing critical thinking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto