Does anyone in the 20s or younger enjoy NES games?

Deleted member 700783

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I'm in my early 30s and enjoy some of them but am biased by nostalgia because I played them on the Wii Virtual Console as a teenager. I'm curious to know if people who are not biased by nostalgia can enjoy 8 bit games.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bet there are lots of people in their 20s who have an active nintendo subscription and enjoy the NES games that cycle in and out of the catalogue.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Not the NES, but a few years ago I gifted one of my brothers a C64 mini, he said his then 5 year old kid was enjoying playing it.

Edit:

Just re-read the title.

Cranesbill

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Colombia
Oh yeah, I go back to play some of them for a different experience. Super Mario Bros 3, Duck Tales, Batman The Video Game, Punch Out, Metroid, Ice Climber, Mother, etc.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was fortunate enough to grow up with an NES as one of my first consoles and grew up playing Super Mario Bros. 2 and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out on a CRT TV while my friends grew up playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Absolutely, I still enjoy NES games. The old NES I grew up with has been gone for a while, but every now and then I'll sit down and play an old NES game. I've beaten Zelda 1 and 2 with no Internet assistance and played through Battletoads a while back as well. There's a lot of charm and fun to be found in NES games and I think I'll always enjoy them, even if my peers seem to find them lackluster and primitive.

Deleted member 700783

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I'm too old to answer the question, but I'm mildly amused by the "idk if younger people can appreciate them like I do because I played them emulated 4 generations later" :yaywii:
For me personally I tried them because I played games like Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow on the DS and enjoyed them enough to want to play the older games in the series. In the case of Super Mario Bros. 3, I played it first on the GameBoy Advance.

My situation does not necessarily apply to people a decade younger than myself. There were less games available back then than there are now, I did play 8-bit games on the GameBoy Colour, and standards for graphical quality are higher now than in the Wii era.

Last edited by Deleted member 700783,
Reactions: hippy dave

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, not all of them but some games have held up mechanics/gameplay-wise. NES graphics are rough though, SNES is the latest I can go (being THE sprite rpg kino console probably does help).

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I did when I was 10 or whatever - of course I didn't really know what a NES was, just that this PolyStation 2 thing my neighbor had has a bunch of games including a less frustrating large screen version of Mario Deluxe a friend in elementary school had :D

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
My son, he is 14. He started playing very young, like me, as a toddler. And he has liked modern games but also always tried the older ones since the start. He loves the NES, SNES and all of those retro games. I always told him that, in games, respect where respect is due, and he agrees. Those games are the base of what we have today, and man, so many of them are just incredibly good.

Reactions: splaca

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to see younger gens aren't discarding old games for "bad graphics." If they do, they're the ones missing out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.