1. bluebright

bluebright GBAtemp Advanced Fan

right so this HDBOX does VC titles. because i really want to lay down $15 for donkey kong (not really, but i want to play it). Jelbo, you own it right? take some pictures and post them here...of you naked with the HDBOX.

2. suppachipmunk

suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I was recently looking for a universal VGA solution about 2 months ago. I purchased the Kworld Blazing Orange TV Tuner for only $75 w/ free shipping from buy.com. Not to mention I got $20 off for using Google Checkout. SO it was only $55.

This tv tuner is great. It accepts ALL game systems and all resolutions. 480, 576, 720, 1080 i & p. I have personally tested ps/ps2, xbox 360, psp, pc, and wii. It even comes with hook up directly for you ps2/3 and wii. Overall, I nice purchase.

I actually left a review, but for some reason, it isnt there anymore, nor is the free shipping.

But here is the URL, check it out, you wont be dissapointed.

http://www.buy.com/prod/kworld-plus-tv-192.../207383650.html

hope this helps.

by the way, the output is like 1920x1200 max. but it can also work with 4:3 and 16:10 completely.

3. ahtin

ahtin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    Oh, I love their cable, but the price wont be 75 anymore.....

Can it run 16:9 at 16:10 monitor?

4. m0dm0use

m0dm0use GBAtemp Regular

I just ordered the XCM Vga kit that also allows psp slims to work on vga monitors, I have it tomorrow testing with xbox, xbox 360, psp, and of course the Wii my computer monitor supports 720 max as its 1280 x 726 19".

5. ahtin

Hong Kong
    I love their new product, its look very nice for me, I dont need plug and play anmore when changing console.

[​IMG]

6. jelbo

jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    Hmm, does it do that by slightly blurring the image? I'm not too convinced by that. If you or someone else can share some hi-res closeups of the Vdigi jaggyness that'd be nice.

As for the differences, I haven't seen a difference between my X2VGA2 and HD Box Pro in terms of jaggyness. Didn't do a very good side-by-side comparison though.

Will post some more screens of the HD Box Pro image quality when I feel like it. My Wii's hooked on my TV now and connecting it to my monitor is a pita. [​IMG] Not much time on my hands either.

7. ahtin

Hong Kong
    here is my review of Vdigi Cable, it do not support 480i and you cant play 16:9 at 16:10 monitor

http://www.hacken.cc/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=193173

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    Could someone test if HD box pro (or another one) is working on PAL PS2 with NTSC PSX title ?
    NTSC over PAL.

I've an old VGA Box for PS1/PS2 at 576i/480i to VGA only.

On PAL PSX :
    PSX PAL game = works in color
    PSX NTSC imported game = does not work. the color space is different than original color (blue/green image, not black and white), and sort of moving scanline.

on PAL PS2 :
    PSX PAL game = works correctly
    PS2 PAL = Works correctly
    PSX imported game = same as PSX, not good color space and scnalined
    PS2 imported = Works correctly [​IMG] (The video signal is software, written in the cnf boot file)

note : Same problem while using PC capture card.

Does new VGA boxes have correct signal for this ?
    It's best if the user can switch manualy to NTSC/PAL 50/60Hz i/p in/out

I understand that now VGAboxes have to be component. maybe the component has no problem at all [​IMG]

9. vladislaus

vladislaus Member
    Newcomer

After Many reviews, and Research my conclusion is:
    If your not Fussed about Virtual Console games or Game cube (some of the early Wii games also), and have a NTSC Wii Get the Cable such as Vdigi solution.
    BUT if you want all the options above get HDBOXPRO but this will undoubtedly bring a slight case of Jaggies, but as i know of will run all Wii's and formats for every country 60hz or 50hz.

I have not tried any of these products and I've came to this conclusion through my own research. I am personally getting the HDBOXPRO very soon due to its reasonable price and its sheer compatibility. I am using the Samsung SM2232BW / 22" and will release screen shots of various games measuring Jaggies on Bright and Dark games, checking for ghosting and build quality.

When Received I will get around to do a mini review to give my final opinion on it. (Crosses fingers it will be a major replacement for my old 20" TV) - My room is to small lol need the space.

First i gotta decide where to buy the thing from [​IMG]

10. Valif

Valif Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Soooo.... the vdigi cable doesnt work on 16:10...
    I bought a vdigi cable two days ago. And i just found out i have a 16:10 monitor. And Ahtin just told that 16:9 wont work on a 16:10 monitor [​IMG]
    So what happens if i run it on my monitor?

11. ahtin

Hong Kong
    I mean that is you can play FULL Screen at 16:10 monitor with Vdigi cable, but cant play it as 16:9, everthing in the game will be taller than original.

12. suppachipmunk

United States
    Buy.com

type in kworld 1920

you will see the kworld blazing orange 1920.

This will let you play everything on a vga monitor and it has excellent quality.

only $80 with free shipping.

13. bluebright

just a reminder, you'll get jaggies no matter what you get. its your TV that will determine how 'bad' it looks. if the one of the solution jaggs more, it just means the image is sharper.

14. Valif

Valif Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Cant i put the settings on 16:9 than. And how much taller will it look [​IMG]?

15. skydoune

skydoune Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Finally a vga box that will answer my needs, and the price ain't bad too, you guys made me order one. I can't wait to see the difference with my 360 vga cable. I have to put it in 1280x960 to get a good image. If I choose a better resolution on the 360, my monitor will set itself to 1024x768. Now I'll be able to get my native resolution of 1680x1050 and get a clear picture, yeah!

16. bluebright

which one are you getting?

17. suppachipmunk

United States
    Whichever you decide to get, good luck. It took me a while to find a good VGA box for my 22" monitor (1680x1050).

The Kworld Blazing Orange can support resolutions up to 1920x1200. it also supports all resolutions leading up to it including my native resolution of 1680x1050.

bluebright is right, you will see some jaggies going from a ps2 or previous gen console. But coming from a 360 or ps3, the quality is pretty dang good. If your monitor supports 1080i/p, using the supplied component cable will allow you to use the HD setting on your 360 and not the resolutions settings.

My monitor supports 1080i, but I use HDMI anyways, and use component for the wii. I just tested it out. I will post up my review on buy.com if you would like an in-depth review to read about it.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I added my review, not sure how long it takes to show up on the website. Here is the URL
    http://www.buy.com/prod/kworld-plus-tv-192.../207383650.html

18. skydoune

skydoune Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    HD box pro, 73$ shipped to canada from hong kong, that's fine for me. I hope the customs won't rape me though.

19. m0dm0use

m0dm0use GBAtemp Regular

Got my XCM Box today for £50 haven't played using the Wii yet, but played Ratchet & Clank on the psp works great, the only down side is there is no vga cable with the kit! I have two cables but for what I am after there not long enough.

20. martin633

martin633 Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Got my x2vga this evening.. cant get it to work... When the box is OFF, my monitor works for my pc now.. (when its off, vga-in is default)

When its on, it switches to vga-out. But i get a black screen with the message: no optimum mode. Recommend mode is 1680 x 1050 @ 60hertz. But that ARE my settings..

Other weird thing: when the box is on and i push the change input button, it wont let me switch to my pc.. it will go back to vga-out again. So i can only use it for my pc now when its OFF... So kinda useless at the moment [​IMG]..

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - options,