1. martin633

martin633 Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    It is 640x480.. Weird since its a 16:9 screen? And yeah, i tried the auto button.. [​IMG] Btw Jelbo: i get a black screen for like 2 seconds every once in a while.. Did you had the same??

2. jelbo

jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    Nope, never had that [​IMG]

3. Ryjuu

Ryjuu Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    How does the remote actually work? I only know what the power button does [​IMG] But what are the other buttons for? [​IMG]

4. martin633

martin633 Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    If you are talking about the x2vga2.. that one doesnt have a remote. There is 1 button to change between input 1 and 2, but im i dont use any button except for the power button. I only have my wii connected to the box, because the box only has vga. My pc is connected to my monitor with dvi.

So the box is connected to my monitor with a vga cable and the pc is connected to my monitor with a dvi cable. I switch between wii and pc with the source button @ my monitor. So i never have to use the box. I only turn it off when the wii is off...

5. Ryjuu

Ryjuu Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    No im talking about the HD Box Pro, purchased one two weeks ago and it works fine [​IMG]

6. jelbo

jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    How does the HD Box Pro remote work for you? Mine only works half the time within a distance of 10cm. Forgot what the buttons do, though iirc the RES switches resolutions, SOURCE switches from VGA input and component input, and OSD shows the current display mode.

7. mwaddoups

mwaddoups Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Also, can someone test/post some screenshots of a HD Box Pro running in 480i de-interlaced mode - the only vga box I owned had colours so bad it made my face hurt while I played. This could easily be a deciding point in buying one.

8. martin633

martin633 Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I found a problem with my x2vga2, well actually 2.

1. already told this before: I get a blackscreen for like 2 seconds every once in a while. Very frustrating while playing tennis.

2. I found out that i cant play mario party... When i run the game, i get the same error as i had before when i didnt set my wii to 480p. I get a black screen with a message from my monitor saying that the mode is not optimum and that the recommended mode is [email protected] Is this because it's a new game or something? It would realy suck if i cant play mario party anymore :S....

EDIT
    Found this:
    "Many VC games and some Wii titles, like Mario Party 8, do not support 480p, and most cheap video converters do not support 480i"

omg :S ?

9. m0dm0use

m0dm0use GBAtemp Regular

what about trying to load games with freeloader instead? I got some of my games working like that.

10. martin633

martin633 Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Dont know if that works..

Im afraid i just need something else then the x2vga...

What about this:

[​IMG]

This looks so much more easy, cheap and less junk on my desk...

There must be something wrong with this right? Else there wont be vga boxes??

11. DarkCamui

DarkCamui GBAtemp Fan

That thing requires that your LCD monitor, projector or LCD TV can take Component signals via VGA input. First I used a Component to VGA box but then I saw that my LCD TV could take component signals via VGA so I bought one of those cables and voila now I can play 480I games without problems.

12. ahtin

ahtin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    You cant use this converter if the LCD didnt support...

13. martin633

martin633 Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I have the samsung 226bw.. and.. i kinda hoped that it would just convert the signal to vga so it would work. But i guess it's made for monitor to tv or something...

14. ahtin

ahtin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    I am using 206bw, it wont work............ I want to change a 22" for 1080P.......... [​IMG]

15. martin633

martin633 Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    So i have to buy something else? [​IMG]

16. TaMs

TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    22" lcd screens are usually only 1680x1050. You need to have 24" to get 1080p resolution. Well actually it's 1920x1200. :|

On topic, Is there any really cheap way to connect wii to pc screen? yes vga boxes are too expensive. Just annoying when i've ps3 connected to this screen (random 24" benq) then i need to go upstairs and change to crappy tv in order to play with wii. : D

17. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    The XCM use an USB cable for the power input.
    Does any USB to DC cable with the correct voltage exist too ?
    Something like that but for the hdbox :
    http://www.newmp3technology.com/adc.htm

This way, the adapter will not be country dependent and as new consoles have USB ports it's not a problem.
    The adapter still could be used for old consoles and the usb for newer.

I'm planning to buy an HDbox Pro next month, people seems pleased [​IMG]

18. martin633

martin633 Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Whats the difference between the HDbox Pro and the x2vga2? I might wanna buy this one as well, but it seems kinda expensive if i only buy it so im able to play the 480i mario party. So is the quality better as well? Will it use the same resolution?

Will there be more 480i games in the future? I also pre ordered mario kart. Thats 480p right?

19. m0dm0use

m0dm0use GBAtemp Regular

Yes there is a way to power the xcm box from the mains, you can plug the end you would normally plug into the games console or pc into what looks like a mains adaptor [​IMG]

there usually £3 so its worth the money, hopefully the pic helps explain a bit.

20. jelbo

jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    Mario Kart will surely support 480p, yes.

HD Box Pro has these advantages over the X2VGA2:
    - interlaced signal support (480i, etc.)
    - picture adjustment options (though this can be achieved slightly different with your PC monitor's picture options)
    - aspect ratio correction
    - different resolutions output, can be handy for old monitors? (though I don't see a difference with my monitor's upscaling from 480p input)
    - 3,5mm stereo jack sound in-/output, so PC and Wii/other console can be connected to one speakerset (can be done 'manually' using PC line in or separate audio switch)

X2VGA2 has these advantages over the HD Box Pro:
    - 2 component inputs

Biggest advantage for me is deinterlacing, though the quality is worse than watching an interlaced signal on an old style TV. So I play the very rare 480i game on my TV [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - options,