I'm helping martin633 atm, some DVI/VGA confusions
tongue.gif

martin633

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
not only that.. the problem was that my wii was set to 480i instead of 480p. I had all installed at my pc and it would suck to go back to my tv. So jelbo helped me while i clicked the options without seeing anything
tongue.gif
.. was fun
tongue.gif
.. thnx!

oh yeah..some photo's for.. uhm.. well... someone asked for some photos.. The camera aint very good and it was kinda dark but the flash had to be off (because of the reflection from my monitor)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

martin633

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Relax... i was tired, didn't think about it... It auto resized and for the people curious about the quality it could be nice to have huge photos
tongue.gif
Anyway, they are smaller now...

m0dm0use

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how would you rate the picture quality? and does your computer monitor automatically got to 640x480 with the box plugged in?
My monitor does and the picture quality is good but some games has slight jagged edges, xcm box is no walk in the park to setup either I had to find another tv with component in before even started working, now that I have its great I can swap between SD tv and HD Monitor without changing settings anymore. oh and if you have the Xbox 360 and VGA cable good luck plugging that into the computer vga socket! oh and there is no vga cable included either, kinda sucks considering how much it cost.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heh, last night was funny indeed, guiding martin633 in his Wii menu without him seeing a thing
biggrin.gif
Thank God Nintendo put sounds and rumble effects to the buttons.

Thx for the piccies, I snatched the big ones
wink.gif
I'll do some pics as well when I have time, most likely this weekend.

m0dm0use

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why can't Nintendo do what Microsoft did on the xbox 360 and have smart cables, with the xbox 360 you just plug in the cable and it knows exactly what just went in, also what don't Nintendo release there own vga cable, they know theres a market for the stuff.

martin633

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
LOL, yeah, the big pictures pwnt huh
tongue.gif
? It was kinda fun indeed to change the settings with no vision (lol@describing the sounds that i heared/should have heared).

Im very happy with the quality... But thats because i dont sit 2 close to the screen when i use the wii.. Before this i had the wii hooked up to a normal tv, so no hd. So comparing to that, i would rate it 9/10. But as you see on the last photo, i would rate it much lower if i sat closer to it...

I didnt check the info-button @ my monitor yet to check the resolution.. Will do that tomorrow evening, when im back at home.

martin633

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I cant change the resolution @ the monitor menu as well.. so i hope its allready 1680x1050. When it didnt work my monitor gave the error "recommended mode: 1680x1050 60hertz" so maybe it is... Well.. will post it tomorrow evening...

m0dm0use

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you may find its 640x480 thats what mine is when using the wii, haven't check what the psp runs at though its probably the same, I now have access to also test the xcm 1080 box on an xbox and soon I will test with my Xbox 360, I already use the xbox 360 with the official vga cable 1280x768 resolution, soon I will try the component cable they included.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think the X2VGA2 just outputs the Wii's reolution, for widescreen it's 848x480 I think. So that's scaled by your monitor to whatever native resolution your monitor has (1680x1050 for martin663 and me). HD Box Pro can do internal scaling to various resolutions, but as far as I can tell it's no different from my screen's scaling method (= without any filtering)

martin633

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so.. you have the hd box pro hooked up now instead of the x2vga... no difference? Im curious about the difference in the close up photo @ wii sports tennis (since that one sucks for me).

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Easy way to set your wii into 480p

Plug 2 audio and 1 rgb lead into a normal tv
you should have a 1 colour picture
Set it to 480p
Plug All leads in to vgabox
Win

Or you could get a monitor with lots of inputs like mine:)

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
martin633 said:
so.. you have the hd box pro hooked up now instead of the x2vga... no difference? Im curious about the difference in the close up photo @ wii sports tennis (since that one sucks for me).
Yeah I will take some pics in the weekend. In the meantime there's some closeups somewhere on page 2 or 3 made by me.

rhyguy said:
Easy way to set your wii into 480p

Set it to 480p
Win
No way to do that if your TV doesn't accept component. /edit: you mean plug a component plug in the composite connector on your TV? That might actually work.

I tried the one plug trick with martin663 on his monitor, but it wouldn't display any interlaced signal at all.

QUOTE(m0dm0use @ Apr 3 2008, 12:47 PM)
what if your tv only does composite and your vga box does component, yea doesn't work now does it! how can you change the P on your wii?
By making a picture of the Wii menu, or remember the buttons and do it blind while hearing the button sounds
tongue.gif

Valif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a other quesetion:
what means Maximum output resolution: 640 x 480 @ 60fps?
Its at the description of the vdigi cable.
thanks
smile.gif

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think that description is wrong, because 640x480 is the 4:3 480p signal. the 16:9 480p signal is 848x480, and is also supported.

480p = 640x480 @ 60Hz (4:3), or 848x480 @ 60Hz (16:9).

Valif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a 16:10 1920 x 1200 that supports 480p monitor. What would happen if i use my wii with the vdigi cable to play on my monitor?
Btw... Really fast reply o_o

bluebright

Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country
jelbo said:
martin633 said:
Set it to 480p
Win
No way to do that if your TV doesn't accept component. /edit: you mean plug a component plug in the composite connector on your TV? That might actually work.

Yeah, that works. I have to do it all the time because my VGA box can't display anything below 480p. I usually plug green into the composite and the picture comes up black and white. Oh, and this is on a TV which doesn't have component plugs.

Also, can someone rap up all these VGA solutions and just say which one is better? 'Cause I'd rather not decide for myself...you know, because I'm weak.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: Ive never done that before