Hardware VGA options

m0dm0use

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hhhmm seems like super smash brothers brawl gives me black screen for a split second often and mario kart when in the menus fortunately not during the race.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
m0dm0use said:
Cyan said:
The XCM use an USB cable for the power input.
Does any USB to DC cable with the correct voltage exist too ?
Something like that but for the hdbox :
http://www.newmp3technology.com/adc.htm

This way, the adapter will not be country dependent and as new consoles have USB ports it's not a problem.
The adapter still could be used for old consoles and the usb for newer.

I'm planning to buy an HDbox Pro next month, people seems pleased
smile.gif

Yes there is a way to power the xcm box from the mains, you can plug the end you would normally plug into the games console or pc into what looks like a mains adaptor

there usually £3 so its worth the money, hopefully the pic helps explain a bit.
That was the other way I asked.
I want an USB cable for HDBoxPro, not a power adapter for XCM.

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
cyr0x said:
What do you think its the best way to get the Wii on a TFT. VGA cable or HDBox Pro?
You mean the Vdigi cable? It's the easiest option, but you miss out on aspect ratio correction and interlaced support. So HD Box Pro is the best option if you care for that.

/EDIT: martin: it seems that more people with a Samsung monitor have the black screen issue with an X2VGA2. Sorry bro, didn't know that, and I haven't had any issues with my screen..

martin633

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah no problem. I hate the fact that i cant play 480i games more.. I guess i just have to buy the hd box pro. Maybe i can also sell my x2vga box to someone
wink.gif

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, if it's only for Mario Party.. I think chances are big that's the only Wii game you'll play that doesn't support 480p.

If course, you can get in the 480i trouble again with some VC games, plus all European GC games are 480i/576i only.

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
Most Japanese Wii Games are 480i only such as Naruto games, One Piece, Hajime no Ippo etc so when I found out that my LCD TV could take component signals via VGA input I was blessed but still I might get a HD Box Pro.

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have DIY a USB cable for hdboxpro and its work, but after I suggest to the factory, they reply that using a USB cable for power may damage the chips inside the box.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
jelbo said:
Isn't the voltage the same though? USB outputs 5V, and that's what the HD Box Pro needs. No clue about other things like mAh and DC, I don't know what they mean exactly (hehe, stupid me).

If the HD Box Pro is high draw, USB may not be able to supply enough current. However, I don't have one and therefore can't say anything.

InternHertz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I purchased a HD Box Pro early March, and so far I had no problems...but starting yesterday, colors are messed up :/

Red is fine, Green is fine, Blue is "fine" but everything that should be black is blue...the warning screen is blue, backgrounds are blue, games are tinted in blue...
I did not open the box or modify it in any way, I did as I always did since purchase, so I don't really understand what's going on.
I'm on a iiyama prolite b2403ws screen, and 1920x1200 (not the RB one) for resolution, any other option is on default setting.

Does hdboxpro.com offer any kind of service for replacement units if I can't find a solution ? Maybe my box was faulty and it only showed up now :/
If anyone has some kind of solution, I take what I can get.

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
- Try pressing the DOWN button (on your HD Box Pro) to make sure you're using the default color mode, see if that fixes it.
- Try checking if you don't accidentally use a fucked up color preset from your monitor's internal menu.
- Try reconnecting your component cable on both ends.
- Try reconnecting your VGA cable on both ends.
- Try another component or VGA cable.
- Try reconnecting the power (kinda farfetched maybe).
- Try another monitor.

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
InternHertz said:
I purchased a HD Box Pro early March, and so far I had no problems...but starting yesterday, colors are messed up :/

Red is fine, Green is fine, Blue is "fine" but everything that should be black is blue...the warning screen is blue, backgrounds are blue, games are tinted in blue...
I did not open the box or modify it in any way, I did as I always did since purchase, so I don't really understand what's going on.
I'm on a iiyama prolite b2403ws screen, and 1920x1200 (not the RB one) for resolution, any other option is on default setting.

Does hdboxpro.com offer any kind of service for replacement units if I can't find a solution ? Maybe my box was faulty and it only showed up now :/
If anyone has some kind of solution, I take what I can get.

They provide one year warranty, but you have to mail to them for repair, I suggest you write a email to them if you make sure this is not your monitor or cable fault.

cyr0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I heard that it would be better to user your Wii on a normal TV with an RGB cable. But the problem is, my TV don't work with NTSC, someone told me to buy a RGB cable instead of using my TFT to play my Wii. He told me that the RGB cable will fix the black/white screen. Is that true?

/edit.
Okay it does NOT fix the black/with screen. Now I have red/green screen ... Gonna bringt the cable back tomorrow and buy my TFT in few days. Now my question, where can I get the HDBox Pro? I how much would it cost to ship it to germany? Or are there any shops where I can buy it online in germany?

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have mail some Games parts to Nethlands member beofre, normally less than one week.

For Hong Kong to England, EMS speedpost 3 days, Air Mail 4 days, no big different.

also, you can send a email to them for a EUR Quotation as I know and they accept VISA/master/etc payment, Paypal accept them..., no need send money into paypal account

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ahtin said:
I have DIY a USB cable for hdboxpro and its work, but after I suggest to the factory, they reply that using a USB cable for power may damage the chips inside the box.

Thanks a lot Ahtin for your support and asking them
smile.gif

Too bad they said it is not a good idea.
I'll use an adapter then (When I will buy an hdbox)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/ajurvXsCdbo?t=225