Hardware VGA options

Valif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey. I'm having trouble with my wii.
i bought a vdigi cable. And it works fine with my monitor. But it picks the resolution 640 X xxx ( forgot ). so the quality is reallly bad. But i heard it choses the resolution 1600 x 1200. How can i change this?

cyr0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ahtin said:
I have mail some Games parts to Nethlands member beofre, normally less than one week.

For Hong Kong to England, EMS speedpost 3 days, Air Mail 4 days, no big different.

also, you can send a email to them for a EUR Quotation as I know and they accept VISA/master/etc payment, Paypal accept them..., no need send money into paypal account
Some guy from an other forum did only pay 35€ for the HDBox + shipping to germany. Are there any other shops where I can buy it in my location or how much do I have to pay when I will buy one from you?

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
cyr0x said:
ahtin said:
I have mail some Games parts to Nethlands member beofre, normally less than one week.

For Hong Kong to England, EMS speedpost 3 days, Air Mail 4 days, no big different.

also, you can send a email to them for a EUR Quotation as I know and they accept VISA/master/etc payment, Paypal accept them..., no need send money into paypal account
Some guy from an other forum did only pay 35€ for the HDBox + shipping to germany. Are there any other shops where I can buy it in my location or how much do I have to pay when I will buy one from you?

I have stopped selling hd box pro after the mid of march because hd box pro start worldwide shipping already, may I know where sold EUR35 for the HD box?

cyr0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ahtin said:
cyr0x said:
ahtin said:

I have stopped selling hd box pro after the mid of march because hd box pro start worldwide shipping already, may I know where sold EUR35 for the HD box?
The guy don't know the shop. 33€ did he pay. I really want to know it, too. I will try google some shops and gonna send him a pm and ask him.

skydoune

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
martin633 said:
Yeah.. where can we buy it? This is their site: http://www.hdboxpro.com/eng/shop.htm

45-50 euro and 2 weeks shipping or something... But maybe there is a faster or cheaper option? I also have to transfer money to my paypal, what also takes about a week...

That's where I got mine allright. Took exactly 1 week to get it delivered at my door in Canada. Also, I was lucky enough not to pay duty taxes, yay!

Quality wise, it looks well built, the remote works pretty fine with me, even from a distance. For now I can only test with my 360, I ordered some component cables for my other consoles which I should get next week. I hoped that it would output better on the 360 than the vga cable designed for the 360 since I have to choose 1280x960 or else my monitor will go in 1024x768 and scale the damn thing (looks blurry as hell). So I tried the hdboxpro 1680x1050 output, the native resolution of my monitor. Although it looks pretty good, I can't say it looks better but rather, different. I guess I'll see it's full potential when I get cables for those consoles without first party support for a vga output.

cyr0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cyr0x said:
ahtin said:
cyr0x said:
ahtin said:

The guy don't know the shop. 33€ did he pay. I really want to know it, too. I will try google some shops and gonna send him a pm and ask him.
Oookay, I think he bought it in the normal shop.
55 US$ = 34,7771103 €
Gonna buy on tomorrow.

/edit.
Ah, one question: Can I play other consoles too? I mean like PS2, Xbox, Super Nintendo and so on? Don't want to buy it only to play Wii, Xbox360 and PS3 with it.

cyr0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jelbo said:
SNES doesn't have component output. PS2 and XBOX do, so they work.

'Normal shop'? There are shops in Germany who sell them for €35,-? That's a pretty good deal.
So only component will work? So I do have to buy the component cable for the Wii? Hmm that sucks, I don't want to spend all my money only to play on my TFT .. My TFT will cost me 500€ and then the Box für 35€ and the cable for 30€ and I have to buy new cable for my other consoles. That really sucks. I was thinking I can play with component AND composite.
frown.gif
Are there any VGA boxes that support both?

Valif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey. I received my vdigi cable today. But does it onley support 640 x 480? Because the quality isn't that good on my 24" 1920 x 1200 monitor D;. ( btw my monitor goes to 640 x 480 automatically if i connect my monitor with my wii )
EDIT:
I googled. And i found out that a cheap ass vga male to male cable could screw up your quality. Well i bought a cheap ass vga cable because of the male end thing... Does this effect the quality?

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
cyr0x said:
jelbo said:

'Normal shop'? There are shops in Germany who sell them for €35,-? That's a pretty good deal.
So only component will work? So I do have to buy the component cable for the Wii? Hmm that sucks, I don't want to spend all my money only to play on my TFT .. My TFT will cost me 500€ and then the Box für 35€ and the cable for 30€ and I have to buy new cable for my other consoles. That really sucks. I was thinking I can play with component AND composite.
frown.gif

Get a cheap-ass component cable from DealExtreme.com. I've used two of them and don't see any picture quality flaws. I don't see the difference between my official Nintendo RGB SCART cable and my 3rd party one either, so you'll be fine. Just get the just one step more expensive than cheapest on DX.

QUOTE(Valif @ Apr 10 2008, 07:13 PM)
Hey. I received my vdigi cable today. But does it onley support 640 x 480? Because the quality isn't that good on my 24" 1920 x 1200 monitor D;. ( btw my monitor goes to 640 x 480 automatically if i connect my monitor with my wii )
EDIT:
I googled. And i found out that a cheap ass vga male to male cable could screw up your quality. Well i bought a cheap ass vga cable because of the male end thing... Does this effect the quality?
Could be the case, but I think it's just the fact that your screen is so huge you'll see the 640x480 'jaggies' way big. Nothing to do about it, unless your TV has a nice upscaling filter (not sure it that exists, I guess some have it).

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
cyr0x said:
jelbo said:

frown.gif

There are some component cable which support more than 1 console less than USD12, if you want a good quality for multi-function cable, you can go to try XCM one, there component cable support xbox,xbox360,ps2,ps3,wii,psp2000.

martin633

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tired of only playing tennis with my mates before we go out... They refuse to play without a beer in their hand, what is too dangerous for my ceiling, floor, walls and the wii itself
tongue.gif
. So i decided to just order a hd box pro.

I didnt know that it wasn't necsesarry that your paypal account has to contain enough money first. So i hope i just have it in about a week...

If someone wants to buy my x2vga2 box, just PM me (i dont want it because it doenst supports 480i. If you dont play 480i games, its perfect).

Valif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah... so it would be better to buy a hd box pro for the wii if you play on a huge monitor? Because you can set the resolution to 1920 x 1200. Or do i get this wrong?

cyr0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ahtin said:
cyr0x said:
jelbo said:

frown.gif

There are some component cable which support more than 1 console less than USD12, if you want a good quality for multi-function cable, you can go to try XCM one, there component cable support xbox,xbox360,ps2,ps3,wii,psp2000.
Yeah, but what is with my other consoles? Don't want to buy it and have more costs than with only a vga cable für my Wii and Xbox360.

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Valif said:
Ah... so it would be better to buy a hd box pro for the wii if you play on a huge monitor? Because you can set the resolution to 1920 x 1200. Or do i get this wrong?
You got that wrong
tongue.gif
It won't upscale the resolution in a way that is any better than what your monitor does, or another product like the X2VGA2 will do. At least, not from what I can see. Afait there's no filtered upscaling done, besides a possible very simple one. Check my closeups in this thread (page 2 or 3 I believe).

Valif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah ok...
frown.gif
. Btw how big is your monitor? Your quality looks better than mine o_o. And sometimes on a white screen or if the screen moves to fast i get those strange colorlous dots in my screen. anyone has the same problem? I'll make a pic some time if you don't know what i mean.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: