Hardware VGA options

wiki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey Wiki, did you get your Wii to VGA solution already? I remember you asking me some questions about my X2VGA2.

@ ahtin: Does the HD Box Pro have some 16:9 on 16:10 display correction? I see something like that mentioned in the Chinese reviews I can't understand
tongue.gif

na haven't got one yet. im going to get the HD Box Pro now cause it does aspect ratio scaling. it's cheaper than the x2vga2 as well.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just got it! Looks great from initial impressions, very pleased it can output in multiple resolutions instead of the 640x480 the Vdigi cable does. Should make Wii games look a lot crisper on my LCD (the Vdigi signal got blurry where the LCD stretched the image)

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cool! Does it do some internal scaling that makes the image look better in, say 1680x1050? How's the interlaced signal support (try some PAL 480i/576i (don't think Wii does 576i :S) GC games)?

I'd love some pics
rolleyes.gif

Mine shipped the 27th, hope it gets here soon.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jelbo said:
Cool! Does it do some internal scaling that makes the image look better in, say 1680x1050? How's the interlaced signal support (try some PAL 480i/576i (don't think Wii does 576i :S) GC games)?

I'd love some pics
rolleyes.gif

Unfortunately I can not test it just yet as I do not have component cables. I have ordered some so they should be here soon. FYI the HDBOXPRO does not come with any cables except the power adapter (mine was a Chinese PSU), so you need a 5V output normal round socket type power adapter, male VGA cables and component cables.

InternHertz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi there,

I have a PAL Wii and a VGA Box that's kind of crappy. The image quality is good, but when I'm playing 60Hz or import games on my 24'' LCD (or even my old 17'' CRT), the colors are black and white (it was the same with my GC so I had to play RE4 in b&w, or on someone else's TV).

So, what I'm trying to find now is a VGA box that lets me play NTSC games as I should be, without sacrificing the colors.

Do they all make this possible now or only a few ?
Which seems to be the best buy considering my situation ?

Thanks to whoever has an answer to these questions.

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that looks pretty sexy...much more advanced than the ones i've seen in the past. i may have to get one of these when they are available in the USA.

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
shaunj66 said:
jelbo said:

I'd love some pics
rolleyes.gif

Unfortunately I can not test it just yet as I do not have component cables. I have ordered some so they should be here soon. FYI the HDBOXPRO does not come with any cables except the power adapter (mine was a Chinese PSU), so you need a 5V output normal round socket type power adapter, male VGA cables and component cables.

Remember to buy a high quality or original comonet cable for Wii, I have test original and a cheap component cable (USD8), they have a big different in Wii or PS2

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
InternHertz said:
Hi there,

I have a PAL Wii and a VGA Box that's kind of crappy. The image quality is good, but when I'm playing 60Hz or import games on my 24'' LCD (or even my old 17'' CRT), the colors are black and white (it was the same with my GC so I had to play RE4 in b&w, or on someone else's TV).

So, what I'm trying to find now is a VGA box that lets me play NTSC games as I should be, without sacrificing the colors.

Do they all make this possible now or only a few ?
Which seems to be the best buy considering my situation ?

Thanks to whoever has an answer to these questions.

Some VGA box can not handle 480p signal correctly, I have 2 TV box which have component input but only support 480i in color, 480p will black and white screen

Ryjuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Before I purchase this I want to make sure it will work on my monitor.

I have a LG 204WT-SF monitor, but it seems it has only a DVI and D-sub, and no VGA :/ So I want to ask you people how to get this really nice Box also work on my monitor? Do I need something like a DVI -> VGA adapter? If yes, which one should I get?

Ryux

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ryjuu said:
Before I purchase this I want to make sure it will work on my monitor.

I have a LG 204WT-SF monitor, but it seems it has only a DVI and D-sub, and no VGA :/ So I want to ask you people how to get this really nice Box also work on my monitor? Do I need something like a DVI -> VGA adapter? If yes, which one should I get?

D-sub = VGA if I'm not mistaken..
wink2.gif

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got mine in the mail today ^^ shipped the 27th, so quite fast. I had a quick look in my break and so far I'm pleased. Can't get the remote to work yet, hope it's not broken. 16:9 on 16:10 works fine, although I needed some tries before my screen (HP w2207) accepted the 1680x1050 resolution chosen from the OSD menu.

576i works great with my VC games, on the fly switching to 4:3 as well (quite rare that it works so fast on my w2207).

Will post some pics and experiences later (few days maybe).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yltcaxE +1