Hacking triiforce mrc

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toejam316 said:
brausm08 said:
using Triiforce MRC (same for MRC SS), i can't read enough of the bottom line of text to read what the options are; is there a fix for this?

launch from SD; NAND on HDD

4.2U; hermes v5; cios v17; bootmii as boot2
Try a different TV, it sounds like your TV has a bit of overscan - is the text cut off or are you unable to read it?

i can tell there's text there only because i can see the very tops of the tall letters--not enough to figure out what they're saying...

i figured this would be the case....i had the same problem with vbagx games, but that program has a screen size function which enabled me to shrink it enough....

thanks for the reply....maybe i can use this as an excuse to let the wife buy my a shiny new flat panel...
tongue.gif

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
brausm08 said:
toejam316 said:
brausm08 said:
using Triiforce MRC (same for MRC SS), i can't read enough of the bottom line of text to read what the options are; is there a fix for this?

launch from SD; NAND on HDD

4.2U; hermes v5; cios v17; bootmii as boot2
Try a different TV, it sounds like your TV has a bit of overscan - is the text cut off or are you unable to read it?

i can tell there's text there only because i can see the very tops of the tall letters--not enough to figure out what they're saying...

i figured this would be the case....i had the same problem with vbagx games, but that program has a screen size function which enabled me to shrink it enough....

thanks for the reply....maybe i can use this as an excuse to let the wife buy my a shiny new flat panel...
tongue.gif
I know your pain - my TV has a bit of overscan too - if you get a LCD, make sure you don't cheap out, or you might get one with some Overscan too (It's a real pain in the ass, depending on how much there is) - luckily mine just cuts off a little tiny bit of borders - not enough to be noticeable.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it is just with one WiiWare game, or with Triiforce MRC, but I just began playing Megaman 10 through NAND emulation on my SD card, and when I'm done with the game, rather than resetting to the Wii menu via the Home button, I just turn it off with the power button on the Wiimote. I do this, and it does shut down, or so I think, because I set my Wii to completely shut down (Red light instead of orange), but it stays green. The only thing I can do at that point is force it to turn off by holding down the Wii's power button.

When I turn it back on after having done this, if I have a newer game disk in like Wii Fit Plus! or Metroid Prime Trilogy, the system requests an update via disk. I could not find anything about that other than the Wii's IOSs possibly being affected by the problem above, and since I could do nothing else, I went with the update. It fixed the problem with those disks, but in order for me to use some of my homebrew programs again, I have to re-update the IOSs.

Now, I've only seen this happen with Megaman 10 with Triiforce MRC 10b under emulation on SD, and my Wii has system menu 4.2u.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well when your in nand emulation afaik you can't turn it off with the wiimote
tongue.gif
i used to have a major issue, turning off the console with the wiimote after playing something on emulated nand would result in the wii powering off but the wiimote staying on. And when i turned it back on my wiimote would unsync then sync again it was odd, so your just having a similar issue to that i believe

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Well, after playing Megaman 10 again, instead of turning it off via the Wiimote, I went through the Home button to the Wii Menu so I would shut it down from there. What it did though was completely reset the Wii (with Health info), and upon showing the Wii menu, it required the same update again. I haven't tried any other games since I had updated to v10b of Triiforce MRC, but I have to go through all my modifications again to get Triiforce MRC working properly again. Once I do that, then I can check other games.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Well, tried a couple of older Wiiware games, and each one resulted in requiring the system update (which I updated and went through the steps again to get Triiforce MRC working again). TBH, I think it's because of v10b of the app, as I did not have any problems with an earlier version (v9 I believe). IF that older version is still available, I'm gonna check to see if that causes any problems now (and if that does too, then I must be doing something wrong).

EDIT:

Oddly enough, v9 now does the same thing, which probably means one of my latest updates to an IOS may be the culprit, but what is even more odd is that right after doing the disk update, if I load up v9 non-auto sd/usb (without updating my IOSs), everything loads fine. When I exit and go back to the System Menu from v9, the update doesn't show. I swapped v9 with v10b, and doing the same sequence of loading and exiting, the update requirement shows up. I'm clueless as to what is going on, and from what I've seen, I don't want to update any of my programs, as they could bring about the update requirement again.

Is there a program that can examine my IOSs with version information, and spit them out into a text file? Perhaps if there is, I could share them here, and maybe it will shed some light on the subject.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
syscheck does exactly that (dop-mii as well, I think).

I'm not too up to date about which revisions/base IOS'es of Waninkoko's cIOS supports, but I'd say it's cIOS249 which causes things.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I have several PAL WiiWare titles which require IOS33 (such as all the Art Style games) which I am trying to run through this app on a PAL Wii.

None of the Art Style games work (they go straight to a black screen) but other IOS33 Wiiware work fine.

Anyone got any ideas / suggestions as to how I get the Art Style stuff to work ?

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:
Hi all,

I have several PAL WiiWare titles which require IOS33 (such as all the Art Style games) which I am trying to run through this app on a PAL Wii.

None of the Art Style games work (they go straight to a black screen) but other IOS33 Wiiware work fine.

Anyone got any ideas / suggestions as to how I get the Art Style stuff to work ?
Enable the Apploader option. And have a NAND backup with System Menu in it (first versions of SimpleFSDumper didn't copy it)

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v10b seems to have icons disappear, I am actually not sure what they are as I have too many. I can tell because the order keeps shortening

Is there is a v11 available for download anywhere?

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
legally the source for triiforce_mrc needs to be public, due to the fact it uses code from the original triiforce, which is open source.... please post a link or pm me it so I can mod it for my own uses... thx

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
mugotu said:
legally the source for triiforce_mrc needs to be public, due to the fact it uses code from the original triiforce, which is open source.... please post a link or pm me it so I can mod it for my own uses... thx

have you ever downloaded mrc before?

if not try the link, marc always packs the source with each release
52008973.png

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
marc_max said:
Enable the Apploader option.

How do I do that ?

QUOTE(marc_max @ May 10 2010, 09:38 AM) And have a NAND backup with System Menu in it (first versions of SimpleFSDumper didn't copy it)

Why would that make a difference ? Surely if the problem was the games use a different IOS but these games use the same IOS. Maybe it's a case of which version of IOS33 I am running ?

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
For those who are having problems with icons disappearing or even games don't appearing on list...

Please, wait for cIOS rev20 or use an older version. As I said before, it's a cIOS thing not a Triiforce mrc problem. It's a bug on ISFS_ReadDir if I remember correctly. And this bug was there since the first NAND emulation version of Waninkoko's cIOS, it's not anything new.
Older Triiforce mrc versions are smaller and thanks to that they seem to work better. But the reality is that they can also fail in some circumstances even if you think they load all your games correctly.
You can also try to use older cIOS revisions. They have the same bug, but the ISFS commands are more stable and give less problems to users.

I talked some months ago with Waninkoko about this and he fixed it already on cIOS rev20. I spent a lot of time doing tests and I can assure that it will work perfectly.

AdamBrunt said:
marc_max said:

How do I do that ?

QUOTE(marc_max @ May 10 2010, 09:38 AM) And have a NAND backup with System Menu in it (first versions of SimpleFSDumper didn't copy it)

Why would that make a difference ? Surely if the problem was the games use a different IOS but these games use the same IOS. Maybe it's a case of which version of IOS33 I am running ?
The readme explains how to fix that, check the Compatibility section. You can enable the Apploader in the HOME menu.
Some games require a System Menu installed on (virtual) NAND, it does not have anything to do with IOSes.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
marc_max said:
AdamBrunt said:
marc_max said:

How do I do that ?

The readme explains how to fix that, check the Compatibility section. You can enable the Apploader in the HOME menu.
Some games require a System Menu installed on (virtual) NAND, it does not have anything to do with IOSes.

Thanks, I'll give the Apploader a try tonight. If it doesn't work, which version of Simple FS Dumper should I be using ? I'm sure when I tried using it before, it refused to make a dump at all.

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marc_max said:
For those who are having problems with icons disappearing or even games don't appearing on list...

Please, wait for cIOS rev20 or use an older version. As I said before, it's a cIOS thing not a Triiforce mrc problem. It's a bug on ISFS_ReadDir if I remember correctly. And this bug was there since the first NAND emulation version of Waninkoko's cIOS, it's not anything new.
Older Triiforce mrc versions are smaller and thanks to that they seem to work better. But the reality is that they can also fail in some circumstances even if you think they load all your games correctly.
You can also try to use older cIOS revisions. They have the same bug, but the ISFS commands are more stable and give less problems to users.

I talked some months ago with Waninkoko about this and he fixed it already on cIOS rev20. I spent a lot of time doing tests and I can assure that it will work perfectly.

I must have missed this explanation. Thank you so much marc for your response, appreciated.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:

Afaik the Art Style games don't work I've tried them using various cIOS and settings a while ago and never got them to boot correctly ever. I don't think they use many blocks for the chan or the save so maybe they are games that just need ran from the Wii SD menu, or SNEEK.

hmm, that make me wonder the games with illegal characters in the unencrypted saves EG:
< > : " \ / | * ? (if there are any like Harry Potter : blah blah games)
They must not work in SNEEK / UNEEK either ? (I've not tested, just thinking out allowed) so SNEEK / UNEEK can't have 100% compatability either...... hmmm

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Slimmmmmm said:
AdamBrunt said:

Afaik the Art Style games don't work I've tried them using various cIOS and settings a while ago and never got them to boot correctly ever. I don't think they use many blocks for the chan or the save so maybe they are games that just need ran from the Wii SD menu, or SNEEK.

hmm, that make me wonder the games with illegal characters in the unencrypted saves EG:
< > : " \ / | * ? (if there are any like Harry Potter : blah blah games)
They must not work in SNEEK / UNEEK either ? (I've not tested, just thinking out allowed) so SNEEK / UNEEK can't have 100% compatability either...... hmmm
ArtStyle games work on Triiforce as I explained before. This fix also works for other games like Midnight Pool.

Just make sure you have a NAND dump with a System Menu installed, then enable the Apploader booting method on Triiforce (and Triiforce mrc, of course) options.
Cubello is the only game that don't work perfectly, it loads and saves data very slowly, but it plays fine. And this is already fixed on Waninkoko's cIOS rev20.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol