Ratchet Gladiator/Deadlocked Upscaled Textures SCUS-97465

SkyfighterZX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ratchet Gladiator came with my ps2 with Gran Turismo 4, back in the day and i always loved this game, from time to time i return to it to blow up some stuff, and since i recently got to upgrade my hardware i can actually run the game properly now on PCSX2 but quickly noticed the textures were very low res compared to the sharp look the upscaled rendering had so i decided to do something about it using the new texture replacement feature of the emulator, i don't know much about upscaling but with the new AI Upscalers it makes possible that even a random dude like me can somewhat "remaster" a old game without too much efford other than time altho it doesnt work for everything and some stuff has to be done in photoshop.

So here i leave you guys with the upscaled Texture Pack for ratchet gladiator/deadlocked.
The folder name is currently set to Deadlocked(NTSC) (SCUS-97465) because it runs at 60fps over Gladiator's 30fps (PAL) but ou can just rename the folder to use them on the latter.

This is still a WIP and I DID NOT KEEP PERFORMANCE IN MIND
Since probably the majority of users emulating this have more than enough hardware power, i removed most of the LOD textures, and replaced them with full res ones regardless if you far away or not, to me its something i dislike since it causes a lot of texture pop in with the game rendering like 4x the ps2 resolution, it becomes really noticible that everything looks blurry at a distance and becomes sharp all of a sudden, even if you upscaled the LOD textures too, so even if you are at the top of the Dreadzone Arena, you can look at the lower floors and see the sharp floor

Ratchet - Deadlocked_SCUS-97465_20230523220559.pngRatchet - Deadlocked_SCUS-97465_20230523220630.png

example 2-1.pngexample 2-2.png

Originalupscaled

Ratchet - Deadlocked_SCUS-97465_20230523221022.pngRatchet - Deadlocked_SCUS-97465_20230523221030.png

What is done:

- Most bosses and 3d characters have been upscaled including Ratchet's armor's/Wrench, the companion bots, some cutscenes may use alternative textures that flew under my radar so let me know if you find any misses

- Many radar minimaps have been upscaled but now all

-Most menus have been upscaled, this includes all vendor for most weapons and ammo/mods, the weapons menu, the help menu etc also the planet's menu had all textures improved (the planet icon and the little banner of the planet or Dreadzone duel), the ratchet banner on the end of the missions and pause screen too, everything that uses rectangular banners has basically been upscalled with one or 2 misses possibly, im working on this as i play the game.

-Some planets had small improvements but i still havent dug too deep into general upscaling of those

- Dreadzone's Station and Dreadzone's Arena had many texture improved, specially the floor of the arena, also the also the ship that takes you to the arena had its interior screen images of vox upscaled

-Misc and Repeatable textures like pickups, levelup screen and generally textures that you find a lot across many levels have been worked like the vendor, but still incomplete.

- Many weapons had their textures improved but not all of them, it's also not very noticible since you barely see them up close.

- UI Button prompts (X, Square Triangle, Circle, Joysticks, R1 R2 L1 L2 and D-pad) have been improved.

- Ratchet's Alternative pallet from Co-op is avalible to use as main armor if you want!

-Landstalker, Hoverbike and Puma have been upscaled

What is missing: (Will likely be fixed soon)

- THE TEXT! And icons, this is a main one and will be my priority since it's super noticible, but takes forever bc has to be done manually.

- I missed Eviscerator's textures

- Planets have not been fully worked on

-Enemy Robot's

-Ninja Ratchet

-The Ship you fly in some levels

-Alternative costumes like Alpha Clank and the others

-Everything that is only half touched will be updated in the future when i have time

-Some minimaps were missed

Example of the co-op armors replacing the main ones

Ratchet - Deadlocked_SCUS-97465_20230523221323.pngRatchet - Deadlocked_SCUS-97465_20230523221358.png

This is a small contribution to the community and to how some love to this game, so when i play i will keep looking for textures to upscale that are obviously low res during gameplay, it will take some time but i will hopefully do most stuff, ill hopefully update the text soon because its a night and day difference since i already started but didn't release it here yet because it was incomplete (you can spot it in some screenshots) and would look weird having some of the text look good and the rest looking low res

Hope you guys find this useful and have fun!

Downloads:
RatchetDeadlocked Upscale V0.2 MAIN.rar

Armor Swap (Co-op armor colors for Singleplayer, use this AFTER the main pack to replace the normal armor textures)
RatchetDeadlocked Upscale Coop armor Pallet.rar

Pinky45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man I've noticed that the larva on the very fist arena level is missing
When he was doing the textures he forgotten about the particle effects of the lava which I had fixed and checked over this even applies for the grind rail cable the combat bots use that’s completely invisible

Pinky45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Pinky45,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: