Hacking triiforce mrc

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just want to take it off there because im using a forwarder channel and it says the version of triiforce mrc.Well when its going to say the same version # regardless of what it actually is.

Its not a big deal i would just like it to be gone i guess.

EDIT: Well i switched the channels i use to the sd forwarder channel.The graphics and animations are a lot better on it so im going to use it.Its now a usb forwarder though.I extracted the dol file from the usb forwarder and put it in the sd forwarder wad making

smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kallstar said:
Original 9 Icon skin mod is done, and the 12 icon layout/skin mod is also done
smile.gif

These are all USB ONLY versions. I might compile SD only versions tomorrow in the meantime, im including the images and changes i've made to the TriiForce MRC SS Source. So anyone can feel free to compile their own versions should you wish to use these layouts.

Enjoy, and a HUGE thanks to Marc, Sinyk, Smyers75, The Lemon Man, Nicksasa, WiiPower and everyone else who make all this awesomeness possible!
yaywii.gif

TriiForce MRC SS 12 Icon Mod Kallstar (14MB with 542 properly sized covers)

This version uses 140x112 icons and loads them from
usb/triiforce_mrc/140x112/

This can coexist with your current TriiForce mrc, so DO NOT overwrite your other icons. Simply place the new ones into the folder inside a 140x112 folder.

TriiForce MRC SS Original 9icon Skin Change Kallstar (268KB)

TriiForce MRC SS Source + Kallstar changes (1.6MB)

Can you guys get triforce to auto download the covers like the usb loaders ?
I can set up a section on wiiboxart.com for triforce if it would help any so that loaders could auto download the images ?

gregory020

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wii.spiffy360.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
i just installed triiforce and it works from sd but when i try to play a game online it gives me the 201019 error is this normal for this loader or is there a way to get it working i tried to search for answers but i can find a real answer on this if anyone can help me thanks in advance

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Triiforce doesn't work trying to play games online.

A bit off topic, but...
I'm curious about the wiiboxart site, I know there is wiitdb too, what's the difference ??

kallstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marc_max said:
I really like the mods you are doing!
biggrin.gif

Have you thought on making all mods on the same executable?
B button can be used to cycle through all 'skins'. You can make a struct like this:
typedef struct{
u8 columns;
u8 rows;
u8 startx;
u8 starty;
u8 separationx;
u8 separationy;
u8 console_fgcolor;
u8 console_bgcolor;
char* subdirectory;

char* img_background;
char* img_selector_up;
char*img_ selector_down;
etc...
}
Then make a table of this struct and you will be able to make a quick skin selector!
You can save the actual skin on the triiforce_mrc.cfg file and set it to default.

That would be awesome indeed! I'm hoping sinyk or you will do it
tongue.gif

djtaz said:
Can you guys get triforce to auto download the covers like the usb loaders ?
I can set up a section on wiiboxart.com for triforce if it would help any so that loaders could auto download the images ?

Having some wiiware/vc covers hosted somewhere would be awesome! Even if triiforce doesn't download covers right now, the people who use forwarder iso's in their USB Loaders would surely immediately benefit from it.

gregory020 said:
i just installed triiforce and it works from sd but when i try to play a game online it gives me the 201019 error is this normal for this loader or is there a way to get it working i tried to search for answers but i can find a real answer on this if anyone can help me thanks in advance

TriiForce can't play wiiware online. The only way right now to play wiiware online is either from your wii's real nand, or with sneek.

QUOTE(emg @ Feb 3 2010, 11:44 AM)
Just a couple notes about your packs:

* Title WBYE00 (Strong Bad Episode 2) has two iso's in the dir. I'm assuming the one with the later date is the correct one?

- Strong Bad Episode 2 NTSC-U WBYE00.iso - 1/16/2010
- WBYE00.iso - 1/18/2010

* The following two titles showed up strange/non-standard in WBFS Manager:

- waddir/MyAquariumUR.08072
- DlcGSAppMaster.0912031428

* I like the idea of the WW- format to keep all the WiiWare games organized at the very end

WWE SmackDown vs Raw 2010
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008
WWII Aces
X-Men Origins Wolverine
Yamaha Supercross
Yoga The First 100 Percent Experience
Your Shape Featuring Jenny McCarthy with Motion Tracking Camera
YuGiOh Wheelie Breaker
Zack and Wiki Quest for Barbaros Treasure
Zoo Hospital

Thanks for pointing out the mistakes you've found. I made them all mostly manually. Strongbad i believe accidentally had two working iso's lol. DlcGSAppmaster is i believe supposed to be WW-Phoenix Wright Ace Attourney. The icon should have still showed up in your loader. Since i don't use a wbfs partition i didnt check the names. (I should have) If i make another pack i will include fixed versions of these forwarder iso's.

As for WW- not being at the very bottom of the list.. i don't have a better idea to get them lower. You could always rename them all to simply have a - infront of them to put them all to the top of the list. Or setup profiles with configurable usb loader. Either way the main idea is to have them together somewhere and not mixed in with everything else.

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using Triiforce_mrc_SS. When I try to save with Crystal Defenders R2, an error message appears with something like:

"Cannot read system memory.
Please refer to the user manual."

It worked some months ago. I've made sure that all files on the USB are read- and writeable. What can I have missed?

Fusio9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
TutenStain said:
kallstar said:
Hi guys,

The old forwarders are now history. I created a new complete NTSC-U Forwarder set that should now work in USB Loader GX as well. These forwarders are 2stage forwarders. The iso will load a dol file in usb/Forwarder/Wiiware/xxxx.dol which will then load the wiiware title. These are the more advanced forwarders that should hopefully be future proof incase major changes are made to triiforce. Because instead of having to recreate all the iso's AGAIN, a simple batch file could be used to create new dols for the forwarder/wiiware folder. Both the dol and forwarder iso needs to be present on the hdd for these new forwarder iso's to function. Bellow is a pack with the folder structure you should see on the root of your hdd.

Individual forwarder iso's will take a while for me to get up because it will require a lot of moving around. The old forwarders can still be found in my mediafire shares and i will leave the mirrors up but its advisable that everyone switch over to the new ones. Also the old ones seem to be broken with cios38rev17 but these new ones work great
smile.gif

I'm also pretty sure that the combination of cios38rev17 slightly increases wiiware compatibility. I was able to start Adventure Island The Beginning without it freezing but i'm not sure if it was due to the updated cios.

These new forwarders also seemed to compress better.
smile.gif

My Main Mediafire Share folder
Proper NTSC-U WiiWare Only Triiforce Forwarder ISO's 2parts - 182mb total
(Proper NTSC-U WiiWare Only Triiforce Forwarder ISOs 01.18.2010.part1.rar
(Proper NTSC-U WiiWare Only Triiforce Forwarder ISOs 01.18.2010.part2.rar

Mirrors will be coming later along with a new 2d, 3d and "fake full" cover pack with the few latest NTSC-U wiiware games.

Enjoy,

Kallstar

(2d Complete NTSC-U Wiiware Icon Pack 2010.01.18.rar
(3d Complete NTSC-U Wiiware Icon Pack 2010.01.18.rar
WPBE00.png
WHRE00.png
WGSE00.png
WFAE00.png
WC6E00.png
W48E00.png

Any chance of making PAL?

If not can you tell me how you make them so I cold make some myself
tongue.gif
Same here, a PAL version would be great
smile.gif

SwansonE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Kallstar, I got a question:

Can you explain to me the two step forwarding process? I wanted to try to get it to work with a WiiWare game I have on my real NAND.

I installed one of your ISOs into my WBFS drive and placed the corresponding DOL in the "sd:/forwarders/Wiiware/" folder. I also have the latest version of "Triiforce mrc" in the apps folder. When I select the WiiWare game in Wiiflow, it jumps to a black screen with a:

"ISFS_Open /title/(numbers that exist on my Wii's NAND when FTPing into it with FTPii)/content/title.tmd failed -1
Reading TMD Failed
.dol loading failed
Press any button"

in plaintext.

Am I doing something wrong? I know a -1 error usually means there's a missing file or something.

EDIT: I tried doing it via Emulated NAND on my SD card, and I'm still getting the same error.

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to ask I know this is stupid what Triiforce am I suppose to us for ISO Forwarders? and How do I set it up on my usb/sd card? I'm trying to do it nothing good comes out of it please help me.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
woodoste said:
Hi.
Sneek v2 is SDHC compatible, when will Triiforce be able too?

When/if wanin chooses a different base IOS that supports SDHC or starts using some sort of merged IOS.

Or if someone makes an mload FFS module that supports emulating the whole nand and makes a mod of triiforce that uses IOS222/223/224

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrapperKeeperX said:
I have to ask I know this is stupid what Triiforce am I suppose to us for ISO Forwarders? and How do I set it up on my usb/sd card? I'm trying to do it nothing good comes out of it please help me.
ya me too. i've tried the iso forwarder created here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=181011 and tried creating my own with spayrosam's 3 iso's studio http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187806 but keep having consistency issues. I'm loading through wiiflow and about half the time the screen will go to black, wiimote will desync and the system must be hard shutdowned.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
New version v8 up!
New features:
[*] Real widescreen support
[*] Loads images from USB (it still saves the configuration to SD though)
[*] Some cosmetic changes
[*] A bit of code cleaning
[*] A cool feature that I won't tell you. I want everyone to... hear it
smile.gif

Sinyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll have to take a look at this version when I am done to see how it looks/works. Did you add console specific loading? I might have to whip up an SS v2!

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
No, sorry
frown.gif

I have no time for triiforce mrc.

Main reason I released this version is because I want to finish the projects I had pending, and triiforce mrc was one of them. I used the code of a beta I prepared some months ago but never was released. Maybe I'll work on the console selector in a far future if no one does it before!
smile.gif

Still, it's a very good update. The widescreen support looks very cool and people won't need to resize their images anymore.

AND NO. COMPATIBILITY DID NOT CHANGE.
cIOS is the only one who can increase compatibility.
If you want great compatibility just use SNEEK. In fact, I was about to make triiforce mrc USB only because of SNEEK, but finally I decided to keep it.

Sinyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Perhaps if I ever get time, I or maybe kallstar (he will probably beat me to it..) will combine the updates you made with some of the SS modifications/skins and we can have a whole new release.

Lately I've been actually trying to play my Wii instead of mod it constantly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1