Tinke 0.7.2

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by pleonex, Aug 1, 2011.

1. rastsan

rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard,

May 28, 2008
    Canada
    toronto
    A suggestion an import bitmap function for the ncer cells (the images that appear in the cells).

2. MinusR

MinusR Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2008
    United States
    What about:
    Editing/replacing SWAR
    Filelist output for SDAT
    Convert SSEQ to MIDI and SBNK to DSL (VGMTrans doesn't work on all games with SDATs)

3. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I hope to see RCGN plugins soon. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl use them for the images on the signs. I've been fiddling with one in hex for a while and it is getting really annoying. It is really useful tool that can help with my hack. Big time. Thanks. [​IMG]

Edit: It's also far better than CrystalTile 2. By a longshot.

4. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Dec 29, 2008
    Chile
    Mi casa
    At least thank the guy, with only request, he'll be overwhelmed.
    Thank you for the Wav->STRM conversion, I was waiting for it, now to try it [​IMG]

Edit: well, it didn't work. It seems that the game's strm files are compressed (I'm trying to modify Tony Hawk American Sk8land) so if you can "fix" that, that would be great [​IMG]

5. MinusR

MinusR Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2008
    United States
    Oh, thank you for the tool. I was hoping this could be a replacment for CT2, since you can't import multiple files.

6. jjjewel

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2009
    United States
    Thank you very much for the new version.

7. Ben Dan

Ben Dan Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2011
    United States
    Since I just clicked the link, there is no way I'mma just hit and run.
    Thanx very much for sharing!

8. pleonex
    OP

pleonex GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2009
    South of Spain
    I try it with the game "Sonic colors", I have changed the opening song by the zelda main song [​IMG] , and you are right, by the moment the new STRM files have no compression (PCM-16) but probably this is not the error because each file has a compression flag in their head and that should be read by the SDK not by the game code (in my opinion), I think the problem is that the new STRM files have the loop offset property disabled (loopFlag = 0x00), and if this song need to be played in loop the STRM file will return and error. I will make an interface to select a loop offset.

9. Shiro09

Shiro09 AAI2 Localisation Team

May 4, 2010
    This is a very good tool. 5 Stars

10. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    If you want to see what kind of file I am talking about, go to /graphic/field_board.narc in a Pokemon Diamond or Pearl rom and decompress it. There are a whole bunch of graphic files and one pallet the whole bunch uses. It can view them, but editing? That's a different story.

11. Blazer

Blazer GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2008
    United States
    Do you think at some point you may have support for the following file types?

- .cg
    - .cl
    - .sc
    - .ca
    - .ma
    - .md

The first 3 are similar to the .ngcr, etc. files, at least that's what I think--can't know for sure since I haven't checked. Essentially they're just graphic, palette, and map files respectively, usually compressed by LZ11, but not always (palettes tend to be uncompressed).

.ca and .ma files I don't know much about, .md file is model data, I also don't know much about this outside of some documentation I've found on google and using this website's search function

Just throwing this out there, this program doesn't even support the NDS game I'm currently hacking (Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo ~ something I can't remember ~) so even if it did support these files it wouldn't help me at all right now. >_>

12. pleonex
    OP

pleonex GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2009
    South of Spain
    I will check this game and their formats, when I have some time I will try to do a plugin for it [​IMG] (I don't why the program doesn't work with this game, it should work with all the NDS games..., I will look at it)

13. Blazer

Blazer GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2008
    United States
    That sounds awesome and would help a lot. Hopefully you don't have to go too out of your way... good luck for whenever you have time to mess around. XP

14. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Ok. That will really help Thanks.

15. Pokefun

Pokefun GBAtemp Regular

Jul 21, 2011
    United States
    When will you be releasing the next version? [​IMG]

16. pleonex
    OP

pleonex GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2009
    South of Spain
    Tomorrow will be the next version, sorry, but as I had to modify all the code of a plugin (the plugin of compression) now I have a lot of bugs... [​IMG]

17. pleonex
    OP

pleonex GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2009
    South of Spain
    Good news: another version of Tinke

*** Sound plugin added with SADL audio support (in Professor Layton games)
    *** Added control to compress NARC files (select the NARC file to compress and click on the View button)
    *** Added control to compress Nitro compress format files (thanks to the proyect DSDecmp by Barubary) (Select the file and click on the View button)
    * Added support to japanese file names
    * Added control with options of new maps
    * Added button in SDAT plugin to change files
    * Fixed problem with the import (wav to strm) methods in SDAT plugin
    * Improved the french translation
    * Added import and export palettes files to Windows palettes
    * Fixed problems saving new NCLR files

Downloads:http://code.google.com/p/tinke/downloads/list

@Necron N.N
    Try with with this new version the WAV to STRM conversion

@Blazer
    Your game is now supported, there was a problem with the name of some files because they have japanese chars. As you mentioned the .cl files are palettes, the .cg are tiles with LZ11 compression, you can view them with the "Open as..." buttons. (First decompress the .cg files with the "Uncompress" button)

@Team Fail
    Here an example of the import BMP image with the files you have said me:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3981393/Tinke/narc.PNG
    (I know that the palette that I have used is so bad [​IMG] )

18. Blazer

Blazer GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2008
    United States
    Awesome, you're really being thorough on this. Good luck with your continued success!

19. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Ah! That's exactly what I need it for! Thank you so very much!

EDIT: Quick question. Why does it export as .png but only import .bmp images? I find that a bit odd.

20. andibad

andibad Soon™

Sep 14, 2009
    Indonesia
    hospital
    SWD SED ect on PMDEoS music format will supported too? i want to can rip pokemon mystery dungeon explorer of sky without record from emulator :/