OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
andibad said:
SWD SED ect on PMDEoS music format will supported too? i want to can rip pokemon mystery dungeon explorer of sky without record from emulator :/
Maybe I will be able to support SWD files because they are wave file, by the other hand, SED files are SEQ (like MIDI) and by the moment any SEQ file (like SSEQ in SDAT files) are not supported.

I will try now to convert a SWD to WAV
smile.gif

EDIT 1:
QUOTE(Team Fail @ Aug 19 2011, 06:27 PM) EDIT: Quick question. Why does it export as .png but only import .bmp images? I find that a bit odd.
It's very easy to get the palette and tile data of a bitmap file with 16 or 256 colors. The program doesn't export the images to BMP because by default the NET framework save the images as PNG files and if you select the format as BMP, the image will be saved with 32bits per color (that is with million of colors and not supported by the program because a NDS image can not have more that 256 colors (8bpp)). So doesn't matter if the export image is PNG or BMP because won't be supported again by the program.

In the next revision, I want to create a Bitmap file from NCLR+NCGR files so this bitmap will have 16 or 256 colors and can be imported again in Tinke, that is, not using the Net Framework methods.

EDIT 2:
I have been searching some information about SWD and SMD files, they are sound files by "Procyon Studio Digital Sound Elements" and have a special compression that I'm trying to import to Tinke (this compression is also used in some SADL sound files).
A combinations of SMD+SWD produced a sequence sound file, so by the moment I will try to get only the SWD soud file that is wave audio data (most probably it will contain the instrument audio data, like SWAV+SSEQ)

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
pleonex said:
@Necron N.N
Try with with this new version the WAV to STRM conversion
Thank you, now the game plays the files. The game has some problems, I can't enter to the story mode and the songs are cut before they end, but that is another topic unrelated with your program (fix pointers and all that stuff). Thank you mate
yaynds.gif

Just one thing, what did you change from the previous version? The files still seem uncompressed.

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sonicmfc said:
ere im spekin tha way i wana spek, tis qik n esy, sa f u dnt leik it ya no wer u cn go sunshine!
... i can understand but please using a proper english please, is need extra processing on my brain to decode into my language XD

Sonicmfc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
andibad said:
Sonicmfc said:
ere im spekin tha way i wana spek, tis qik n esy, sa f u dnt leik it ya no wer u cn go sunshine!
... i can understand but please using a proper english please, is need extra processing on my brain to decode into my language XD

Oh! tis "*It* needs extra processing" btw ,thts jst pln rud n rong cunsideing al ur sentnces arnt spelt rit r tha gramar s rong!!!

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Necron N.N said:
Just one thing, what did you change from the previous version? The files still seem uncompressed.

I have changed the loop flag to "true" so the song is able to be played either in loop mode or not. The loop offset is by the moment at 0x00, but I want to make an interface to change it.

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
andibad said:
I don't know about this but is seem ftp://ohnopublishing.net/distfiles/svn-sr...src/vgmstream.c in this source code is include Procyon Studio Digital Sound Elements O.Oa

Thanks. I know it already because I'm trying to import to Tinke the compression of Procyon used in some SADL sound files (I have some problems because I don't understand very good the code of vgmstream) Once I have done it I will try to support the SWD files.

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
SMD,SWD,SED is like same as SSEQ,SWAR,SBNK, but for now is not researched.

... SWL for mac app for Procyon Studio Digital Sound Elements tools, is for instrument AIFF format
SEQ is like midi file...

so SWD --> SWL ; SED --> SEQ ... but i don't know is true or not........

SED is like a instrument set so is can be like SWAR Format.

htmllist.jpg

This maybe set for nintendo DS, is not for 3DS set...

changeDS.jpg

in official website appear sdl file, but on DS is SWD and SMD, i think is SWavD, and SMidiD

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Here is another revision of the program with the great feature of importing bitmap images to NCER files. It's the first revision with this feature so it can contains some errors.

Some people are reporting errors while importing files because the new image isn't display correctly. This is because they are trying to import image with different depth, that is, the original image is 4bpp (16 colors) and the new one it's 8bpp (256 colors) and viceversa.

I'm using the free program XnViewer to convert the bitmap exported with Tinke to their depth, that is if the image is 4bpp, I open the image with the program, click on the menu Image->"Convert to colours" and as the image must be 4bpp, select 16 colors and click apply (if the image were 8bpp, you would select 256 colours) and then edit the image with programs like Gimp with the Indexed property selected (Image->Mode->Indexed). An example of it, is the following capture:
ncer2.PNG

Also it has been fixed a problem displaying NCER files and I have added support to the game LAYTON2 (the second game in the saga) to the files *.arc and *.plz and to the game Tetris DS

Download

EDIT: The bitmap image to import in the NCER files must have 512x512 of size and the image of each cell must be at the same location as it's displayed, that is, it's is a good idea that to import an image, export the image then modify it and finally, import it.

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi pleonex,

I just ask you know about SIR0(a script/text file? o.oa someone was discover this format is using Shift-JIS, sometimes is on wan format),PKDPX(archive containing SIR0),bgp (image),BIN(archive, if is archive 4 byte on first is always 00 00 00 00 and next a few byte is containing a some data),md (i think is sprite but not sure), nsc,bin (pallete, 00 00 00 80 is bin pallete fomat, RAW), chr, pal (i know is pallete, but is can added on you tools for import/export/see/edit them?),bpl, bpc,bma,str format? (pokemon mystery dungeon eos, if is not support i will edit manually)

i don't know why in every i opened file is compressed 0x10 is need some time to descompress (is a small size, is like tinke is freeze), is not response. about plug-in, is just file format? is tool plug in for tinke, i compared with CT2, Puyopuyotools, tahaxan. Tinke is need extra time, and slow to decompressing narc archive format?

for ncer, nscr is was can editable? is can reposition (coordinate ?) too?

nanr, nmcr, nmar? ncer now is seems better than old version now
smile.gif
thank

thank you XD

pleonex

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi, in a few days a new version will be ready with NFTR support (to view and edit) and some bugs fixed.

andibad said:
I just ask you know about SIR0(a script/text file? o.oa someone was discover this format is using Shift-JIS, sometimes is on wan format),PKDPX(archive containing SIR0),bgp (image),BIN(archive, if is archive 4 byte on first is always 00 00 00 00 and next a few byte is containing a some data),md (i think is sprite but not sure), nsc,bin (pallete, 00 00 00 80 is bin pallete fomat, RAW), chr, pal (i know is pallete, but is can added on you tools for import/export/see/edit them?),bpl, bpc,bma,str format? (pokemon mystery dungeon eos, if is not support i will edit manually)

i don't know why in every i opened file is compressed 0x10 is need some time to descompress (is a small size, is like tinke is freeze), is not response. about plug-in, is just file format? is tool plug in for tinke, i compared with CT2, Puyopuyotools, tahaxan. Tinke is need extra time, and slow to decompressing narc archive format?

for ncer, nscr is was can editable? is can reposition (coordinate ?) too?

nanr, nmcr, nmar? ncer now is seems better than old version now
smile.gif
thank

I answer you by order:
  • SIR0 files:
    I have seen it in the game 999, I think they are container/pack files because in this game some of them are images (in /root/cha) and other text (/root/etc). I'll create a plugin to see them
  • PKDPX, STR files:
    I haven't seen them before so I can try to investigate it if you tell in what games are them.
  • STR files
    They are pack files with text. In the new version you will be able to extract them using the menu "Open as...->FAT"
  • BPL, BPC, BGP, BMA files
    It seems that they are Palette (BPL) and Tiles (BPC, BGP) but they are compressed and the program doesn't recognized it, I will see why. The BMA files I don't know by the moment what they are (maybe animation?)
  • NSC, CHR and PAL files:
    They are supported and you can extract them (I think you can also import, but I haven't test it), if the version that you have doesn't support it, the next one it will do (in a few days).
  • About the time to decompress, it has been fixed and now it's very fast (the version uploaded to the proyect website has it fixed)
  • There are two types of plug-ins: one support only games and they are enabled when the game supported is opened (recognized by Game Code ie: C2SP, by the moment there are plugins for games like "Professor Layton 1 and 2", "Tetris DS" and others) and the others plugins support format files of all games (like NCGR, NCER, NCLR...)
  • The NCER and NSCR is now editable, but the NCER file is not changed, when you edit a NCER file with Tinke, it will only edit the NCGR and NCLR files
  • NANR files are supported (you must open a NCLR, NCGR and NCER files before it).
  • NMCR and NMAR I haven't seen them before, but I can investigate them.

Regards!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY