Tinke 0.7.2

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by pleonex, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    This is the first time I try Tinke and I find it great.
    There's a lot of graphical options and plugins already included (hex/text/multi encoding/sound/ etc.)

I would like to replace the cursor sound in "Rhapsody ~ A musical Adventure".
    I open the rom, find the sdat, explore it, then open the WAV_SE archive and there I can see and play a list of sound effect.
    Though, the cursor sound seems to not be here :/
    But there are 3 files which doesn't make any sound at all,maybe the cursor is part of them? but they are recognized correctly so maybe they are just empty sound files?

Then I tried to copy a sound effect to another one by extract swav -> load swav file with volume=0 (no change), compiled the new rom, but the resulted game doesn't have sound effect at all anymore.

Maybe I did something wrong, or does this game's sdat is not fully compatible yet with Tinke0.8?

Someone know how to replace "accept" sound effect for this game? the resonating effect prevent me from playing the game, the battle's sound are too much x__x

Keep working on this tool, this is a great project [​IMG]

2. Prof. 9

Prof. 9 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Oh, this is awesome. I've been needing a WAV -> STRM converter for something.

However, I can't seem to convert an ADPCM WAV into a STRM wav. This is the error I get:
    PCM WAV -> STRM works fine, but the STRM ends up as big as the WAV (like 10MB for a 22 kHz WAV). For some reason though, STRMs already in a game are smaller than the Tinke WAV output (I assume that's because it converts an ADPCM STRM into a PCM WAV for exporting).

I suppose I could just use PCM WAVs instead of ADPCM WAVs, but my low-quality PCM WAVs are double the size of my high-quality ADPCM WAVs, and since I plan to replace a LOT of music, the ROM would end up being enormous. So using PCM WAVs isn't feasible for me.

Is there any other way I could reduce the size of my custom STRMs somehow?

3. jjjewel

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2009
    United States
    Thank you. Can't wait for the new version. [​IMG]

Another error report.
    I got this error " Esta imagen bitmap no contiene paleta de colores pues su profundidad es 32"
    when I tried to edit NCBR graphic in for a game called Jaka Jaka Music.
    (Not sure if I did something wrong. I loaded the NCBR file with its NCLR palette.
    Clicked Save. Then even if I imported the saved image without editing, it still got this error.)

Here's the long error details.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    The files I tried are root/sprites/plt4/drumStrokeTraining.NCBR and .NCLR and a few other files below these two.

4. andibad

andibad Soon™

Sep 14, 2009
    Indonesia
    hospital
    anyway is have plan to improve on hex editor? i hope will added search function, undo redo for manual editing XD

5. pleonex
    OP

pleonex GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2009
    South of Spain
    Yes, some day I have to improved it... [​IMG]

6. jjjewel

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2009
    United States
    Thank you. I can import the image now. However, I got another problem. When I imported the image, the Tile X and Tile Y would show as 256 and 256 (this is the same as the original.) But once I browse to other files, and come back the check the imported image, the Tile X and Tile Y would change to 2048 and 2048. I'm not sure if I did something wrong somewhere. The first image I imported was 256x256 and it worked with no problem and stayed at 256x256. But any other images I imported after that would get messed up with 2048x2048.

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out what I did wrong, but if you have any suggestion on this issue, that'd be great. Thank you very much.[​IMG]

7. pleonex
    OP

pleonex GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2009
    South of Spain
    Yes, it's probably an error (with No Tiled images right?). Can you send me the image?

8. jjjewel

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2009
    United States
    Here you are;
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/9h95ek4ts82e...usic_images.zip
    Thank you very much. [​IMG]

And, yes, I believe the label showed No Tiled when I loaded them. [​IMG]

9. pleonex
    OP

pleonex GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2009
    South of Spain
    It was a problem saving the new NCBR file, but now it has been fixed.
    The next version will be ready soon (I'm translating all features to english)

10. Prof. 9

Prof. 9 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    I was testing out STRM looping, and I can't quite get it to work right.

The STRM loops, but before it does so there are a few seconds of silence. This happens in both Tinke itself and in an emulator/on hardware. I have tried with a block size of 512 and 2, but they both produce the same result. It also happens on both short and long STRMs. Changing the loop offset doesn't seem to have any effect either.

I compiled the Tinke 0.8.1 SDAT plugin from the source, and it has the same behavior with ADPCM compression. How can I fix the loop in my STRM so that there's no silence before it loops and it just loops smoothly?

11. pleonex
    OP

pleonex GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2009
    South of Spain
    Well, at least the ADPCM compression works [​IMG], can you send me your WAV file? I don't know why you've got this error, because I have tested it with some sounds and it works...:S
    I'm doing now the option to select the loop start from seconds and milliseconds

12. Prof. 9

Prof. 9 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 17, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    When trying to mass-extract all files in an SDAT:

The file path was Z:\, the SDAT was sound_data_z1.sdat in Mega Man Zero Collection.

13. pleonex
    OP

pleonex GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2009
    South of Spain
    Thanks, I have just fixed it, I will upload the new version 0.8.1 in a few hours.

14. pleonex
    OP

pleonex GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2009
    South of Spain
    New version 0.8.1 out!
    Download page

Changelog:
    NSBTX support
    [​IMG]

15. jjjewel

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2009
    United States
    Yay~! Thank you very much. There are files I really need to test with your new version.
    I'll report later how it works. [​IMG]

Edit: Here's some bug report.

(Most of the files I tested worked wonderfully. I only report the ones I found not working. [​IMG])

- Love Plus's NFTR fonts
    The files can be loaded and viewed with no problem in v 0.8.1 but there's some bug when I tried to edit a character. When I click mouse on the graphic, the dot doesn't show up where I click but it shows up somewhere else. Ex. If I click at the top left corner of the grids, the dot will show up at the bottom left corner. (This might be because of the 90 degree rotation for these fonts.)

- The ~ sign in NFTR fonts
    I tried some Japanese LC fonts. (They are standard Japanese fonts used in a lot of games, including Love Plus.) There's bug for the ~ sign. (Normally in the character map, it's right after z { | }) The Char code should be 0x7E but it's 0x00 in your program and it shows up as a blank block on the preview panel when I type.

- Some NCER/NANR files don't show up correctly
    Here's one set of files from Love Plus that seemed to have some problem with NCER/NANR view.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ahxc6v4r7jc...ePlusTitle.narc

(Again, it's fine if you can't fix them. I just want to help by reporting bugs I found. [​IMG])

16. andibad

andibad Soon™

Sep 14, 2009
    Indonesia
    hospital
    Thank you pleonex XD is all are i needed XD thank you very much. i hope can import export for these format XD

17. pleonex
    OP

pleonex GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2009
    South of Spain
    First, thanks for your report [​IMG]

I'm investigating the NFTR font file it's a problem with this type of font that need to be rotated...

About the image you sent me, where is that file in the rom? it's not a problem of my program, the problem is on the NCLR (palette) file because it should be 4bpp as depth, but it's 8bpp (this value is in the file, it should be 0x03 but it's 0x04), so to see the image correctly you must click on the button "Change the depth" when clicking on the NCLR file.

Regards!

18. jjjewel

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2009
    United States
    Thank you very much. I still couldn't get it to work, but I'll try it later.
    For the image, the files are from Love Plus rom's /arc/title.bin. The files need to be extracted from title.bin first though. (The tool is the Txrc/Arc/Bin Dumper from TLWiki's hacking page http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?title=Love_Plus#Hacking )

19. hackotedelaplaqu

hackotedelaplaqu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 10, 2009
    France
    About this feature, what does [DDD] or [UUU] means ?

Also, all not subfiles are raw *.bins, you can tell by looking the header.
    eg 3791 to 3837 are *.nsbmd

20. pleonex
    OP

pleonex GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2009
    South of Spain
    The [***] is the header of each file unknown (if it can be displayed in "ascii" chars) , I can not get the extension of BMD0 files because they are compressed, so in order to do it I should decompress it and it will take a long time...

So, the solution can be to create a list with the ID of each file and their extension/format (with a lot of pacience [​IMG] ). But... this information (name and extension) should be in the other root files (like dtb.bin) no?

EDIT: The problem with fonts NFTR with rotateMode has been fixed!