Hacking Themes for Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Just checking you worked it out properly...

The Configurator won't change the resolution of the image you provide, but you should choose the 800 or 854 width options in the Overlay Wizard to see how the image you chose will look when stretched to the widescreen size. Build your overlay in that mode and it should display correctly when creating the theme.

daleybox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Just checking you worked it out properly...

The Configurator won't change the resolution of the image you provide, but you should choose the 800 or 854 width options in the Overlay Wizard to see how the image you chose will look when stretched to the widescreen size. Build your overlay in that mode and it should display correctly when creating the theme.

I figured that out, should have been easier but I just missed it the first time around. I'm happy with one image being stretched, but I had seen others have two background images, I wasn't sure how they did that, I guess they just make a 16:9 widescreen one and then resized it.

What I ended up doing was exactly what you said, making a 854 overlay. Instead of having the overlay and the background image, I went ahead and stretched my image in an editor, put the overlay on top of it, and added a couple of other images, like the logo, then resized the composite image to 640 x 480. So when it's widescreen, it stretches just like I saw on the screen. It works well. Thank you for the tool!

eerikk123

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

First let me say that I am IMPRESSED with the quality of the themes here!! Awsome!

I just ordered a skin for my WII: http://www.decalgirl.com/item.view/6872

I was wondering if anyone here could make a theme with it?

If the picture is too small there are other red-skull images out there - like:

http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/146643/r...ones-danger.jpg

and

http://mi9.com/datawallpapers/data/10/862/...l_1280x1024.jpg

Though the "misty" kind of red skull from the skin would be the coolest!

Anyone up for it??
biggrin.gif

I have no graffix-skills....

jtp10181

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having problems with rapidshare or other download hosting sites I suggest you check out jDownloader. http://jdownloader.org/

You still have to wait for the timer delays and whatnot, but it does it all for you. Once you learn how to use it, it's very powerful. You can load up a bunch of links in it and go to bed, and have all your files in the morning.

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wonderful admin over at http://wii.spiffy360.com has made a list of all the themes that need the .rar file changed to .zip and it would be great if the original theme maker could do this and limit the work the admins have to do. Please review the list and if you are one of the theme makers, please log into your account and re-upload a .zip version of your theme so its compatible with the (soon to come) theme downloader.

Mario by atomant247
A-Team by atomant247
Harry Potter HBP by atomant247
Always Coca Cola by atomant247
Star Wars by atomant247

Diamond Plate by sacohen9665
Christmas by sacohen9665
Pirates by sacohen9665

mayu29

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hey guys, I have a little problem: I don't have a wide screen TV and all my themes for Cfg show a black bar at the bottom in console view like the picture is stretch. Does anyone know how do I solve this for the console view? Thank you!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
mayu29 said:
Hey guys, I have a little problem: I don't have a wide screen TV and all my themes for Cfg show a black bar at the bottom in console view like the picture is stretch. Does anyone know how do I solve this for the console view? Thank you!
Your Wii is probably PAL and you have it set to 576i. Set it to 480i in the Wii settings and it'll look fine.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Heads up to our theme creators: The new preview_coords option is themeable, so go ahead and add it to your themes. The default location is the cover area, but that is just too small a lot of the time. The correct aspect ratio (width:height) of the previews is 4:3 whereas something around 16:13 seems to work best for widescreen.

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Crazy4 Wiisos v1.0

Oficial Download (On wii.Spiffy360.com)
CLICK HERE or make an online Theme Update in Global Options of CFG USB Loader.

Alternative Link
Media Fire - Click Here

FEATURES:
- for 4:3 y 16:9 screens
- Blue tone colors
- Clean Design
- Make screenshots of GUI or Console Mode pressing minus ( - ) button (screenshots are saved in base-directory of SD/USB with screenshot001, 002, 003... name)
- Configured with last release of Dr. Clipper's Configurator.

Enjoy
smile.gif

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
CFG Chapulwiin v1.0

Features:
- Theme of "Chapulin Colorado", Mexican super-hero of the 70's.
- Colors in red en yellow tones
- Just 241kb
- Clean design
- Screenshot with the ( - ) minus button
- Favorite button
- for 4:3 and 16:9 wide (same background cropable in 4:3 / no stretch)
- Preview and game cover configured fine with layout in console view
- Configured with Latest Dr. Clipper's Configurator (for CFG USBLoader 57b7)

Official Link (host in wii.spiffy360.com)
- DOWNLOAD HERE!

Alternative Link (on Media Fire)
- DOWNLOAD HERE!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!