Homebrew Question Any possibility of seeing Doom 3 (2004) ported to switch?

Csmrcc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thats the question, is there a possibility of seeing that great game on the switch?
i remember see some screenshots in February-April of this year about it.

DWsf_GVh_V4_AEk8_JZ.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
jPj9Re

>

Via homebrew maybe? maybe too heavy? maybe some kind of doom3 Linux version in lakka?
Thanks

Last edited by Csmrcc,

Csmrcc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Last edited by Csmrcc,

phreaksho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although it had a totally different approach than the other games, I still got a doom vibe every time I played it. Played it on my tablet a few years back and I did like the portability of it, felt more appropriate imo. And while iIwould like to see doom 64 too, I could enjoy this game on the switch.

fgsfds

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It's possible, but would require more memory than is accessible to an applet, meaning you'd probably have to run it either from the NSP version of hbmenu or as a "standalone" NSP.

Reactions: Kioku

radicalwookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love this game on switch. I watched how it ran on Voodoo 2 with 12mb VRAM a few days back, insanity. Im sure its possible but no clue how hard that would be :)

Reactions: Kioku

jfmherokiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its technically possible hardest issue is porting over openal-soft. I have attempted to port this to the switch but i cant get openal-soft into working state.

Last edited by jfmherokiller,

Csmrcc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
its technically possible hardest issue is porting over openal-soft. I have attempted to port this to the switch but i cant get openal-soft into working state
So, we have nothing to do with the things they implemented, on linux, a few months ago?
According to the images, if they are true, it was almost done.

Csmrcc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
isn't that Doom the one that killed the franchise in the first place? why do you even want it back?
Killed? Idk about that, I suppose yours is an opinion, respectable like others.
The answer is: because I like it, another opinion, I think it is a good game who's development was advanced months ago, nothing more.
XD
which one did you think was going to be my answer? It was necessary to ask?

Last edited by Csmrcc,

jfmherokiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isn't that Doom the one that killed the franchise in the first place? why do you even want it back?
regardless of if it did or did not kill the franchise, it is still a complex project and could lead to a greater understanding of what is needed to port possibly more complex projects. To kind of give an example: by porting this we might be able to gain enough information to port something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiwinia.

Last edited by jfmherokiller,

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
more than likely, it was a quick port, or a compile with the minimal modification necessary to get it to run on linux, rather than an actual project that someone was working on, and why there haven't been any updates on it.

which is unfortunate, because i have some very fond memories of playing this game with my best friend when it was originally released, and would love to see it on the switch. sadly, I've got too many projects as it is, otherwise i would throw some time into it.

Reactions: Csmrcc

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless of whether or not Doom 3 was a bad game, it'd still be cool to see it ported.
yeah, we'll be arguing about that all day, especially considering review scores for the game seem mostly favorable.

at this point it's really a matter of finding someone willing to do the work in porting it over.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o