Ocarina of Time Switch Port [ Ship of Harkinian ]

dIlN3OL.png

Hey everyone! I'd like to introduce to you my port for the Nintendo Switch of the beloved Ocarina of Time PC port called Ship of Harkinian. It comes with some handy features like widescreen, 60 fps, and even some cool enhancements like an integrated randomizer and a ton of more integrated mods!

UWpp.jpg
toEz.jpg

lZeKEyk.jpg
unknown.png

NCQZlFO.png

Requirements
  • You require a copy of the original OoT game
  • Latest atmosphere ( You can get it from here )
  • A device with Windows / Linux or MacOS to create the OTR

Installation
  • Download the latest release of Ship of Harkinian on a desktop device, you can get it from the links listed above.
  • Use the program called OTRGui to generate the otr file. ( Warning - You need to use one of the versions listed below, only a few are supported for now )
  • Download the latest switch port from here
  • Copy the otr file you generated into switch/ among with the otr you generated on the last step.
  • Enjoy <3!
Supported Versions
  • Ocarina of Time Debug Pal GC (Not MQ) - cee6bc3c2a634b41728f2af8da54d9bf8cc14099
  • Ocarina of Time PAL GC (Not MQ) - 0227d7c0074f2d0ac935631990da8ec5914597b4
  • Ocarina of Time PAL GC Decomp (MQ) - 079b855b943d6ad8bd1eb026c0ed169ecbdac7da
  • Ocarina of Time PAL GC (MQ) - 50bebedad9e0f10746a52b07239e47fa6c284d03
TeeAiH2.png

Missing Stuff
  • Gyro and Rumble support - You can see the progress of this here
  • Better controller handle on imgui​
  • Saves tied to the selected user​
  • Better hbmenu description and a new logo​

D6FGEDC.png

PD: ( Yeah i know this was released a few months, but i didnt upload it to gbatemp back then, im sorry for that <3 )

Last edited by Lywx,

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Switch V1 + trinket m0 + firmware 16.0.3 (EmuMMC) / Switch Lite + SX Lite on spacecraft-nx + firmware 16.0.3 (sysMMC)
latest atmosphere (1.5.5), hekate (6.0.6), sigpatches
latest Ship of Harkinian (Sulu Bravo - 7.1.1) on both PC and Switch
PAL GC Rom (debug) SHA-1 : CEE6BC3C2A634B41728F2AF8DA54D9BF8CC14099 → generated oot.otr (28.5MB) SHA-1 : 4AFABF74920FFE6AF675191C3BF607C15E620BBB

everything runs smooth and nicely, on both PC and my Switch V1 & Lite
maybe you're making something wrong ? or maybe you launch SOH without full RAM access ?

(and if you already generated an oot.otr from an old SOH build, you must remake it)

ps : I can make soh crash at boot like you, by removing oot.otr from switch\soh folder
if it can't read the file, it crashes

EDIT : just updated my Switch V1 to 16.1.0
works great too.
I launch my homebrew menu with R button pressed when i launch any switch installed game. Full memory acces. Im not that stupid. I check this again today. Cause for now i redo my cfw and emunand. I have annoying this game need nintendo account on emunand. And cant run NSO games. I write when i redo my CFW
Post automatically merged:

Update. Now game works like charm. No problem.
I think my previouslu use emunand it was somehow broken. Now Ocarina work and no more nintendo account warning

Attachments

• photo_2023-09-26_22-50-52.jpg
    photo_2023-09-26_22-50-52.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by Morricorne,

Nickky9x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, it's worked for me. Even with the OoT Realoaded Textures mod :D
But there's 1 issue about the sound. It seemed to be stuffer after play about 30 mins @.@

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Wow, it's worked for me. Even with the OoT Realoaded Textures mod :D
But there's 1 issue about the sound. It seemed to be stuffer after play about 30 mins @.@
How did you get those textures work? I have installed mine to mods folder and i have enabled them by ocarina of times menu but i see no difference.

Nickky9x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How did you get those textures work? I have installed mine to mods folder and i have enabled them by ocarina of times menu but i see no difference.
1. I extracted the main OTR with the Retro tools.
2. Replace the extracted textures by PNG ver of OoT Reloaded.
3. Compress to the OTR file with the Retro tools.
4. Put above OTR file to the folder switch/soh/mods (create a new one if you don't have it)
For more details: https://github.com/GhostlyDark/OoT-Reloaded-SoH

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
4. Put above OTR file to the folder switch/soh/mods (create a new one if you don't have it)
For more details: https://github.com/GhostlyDark/OoT-Reloaded-SoH
Maybe this was reason for studdering?
Download retro (v0.0.5 or newer). Use the one linked here with disabled compression to avoid stuttering issues.
This was in guide from github

Last edited by helvetinperkeles,
Reactions: impeeza

AzraelJR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore

Hey, just wanted to check if I am doing things correctly.

I notice not all the files match up with the PNG files from the OoT Reloaded github repo, do I replace those with only the same filenames?

Also, do I need to do anything with the objects folder too? The filenames doesn't seem to be the same.

EDIT: For some reason, the Switch one had a very small OTR file, I regenerated the OTR file for PC.

EDIT2: After patching in those graphics how do you keep the OTR file smaller than 4 gigabytes? I noticed the FAT32 SD Card has the file size limit.

Last edited by AzraelJR,

Dakangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
EDIT2: After patching in those graphics how do you keep the OTR file smaller than 4 gigabytes? I noticed the FAT32 SD Card has the file size limit.
Using Retro tools save the upcoming file directly in the SD card instead of copying it from your pc to the device to avoid the NTFS to Fat32 size error.

OR

Compress in your PC the NTFS file and Uncompress (unzip) it directly in the SD card ,for it to adquire the FAT32 file system.

AzraelJR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Okay managed to load 1080p textures instead of the 4k ones from OoTReloaded. Reduced the OTR file size to 3.3GB.

I wonder if there's OoT3D textures for the SoH version somewhere. There's this Rice one by Djipi at Emulation King but no idea how to do it.

Nohman90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay managed to load 1080p textures instead of the 4k ones from OoTReloaded. Reduced the OTR file size to 3.3GB.

I wonder if there's OoT3D textures for the SoH version somewhere. There's this Rice one by Djipi at Emulation King but no idea how to do it.
Hi man can you help me with this? I need the reduced otr file. But having an mac is hard to use any of these tools.
I tried to use ftp but that didnt work. Much appreciated!

AzraelJR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hi man can you help me with this? I need the reduced otr file. But having an mac is hard to use any of these tools.
I tried to use ftp but that didnt work. Much appreciated!
What I did was to get the 1080p PNG files from the SoH version here: evilgames .eu/texture-packs/oot-reloaded .htm

Used Retro (github .co m/GhostlyDark/retro/releases) to extract the OTR file from the original one generated from the SoH file.

Replaced the PNG files using the 1080p ones.

Rebuild the OTR file using Retro, to get the much smaller file.

Transfer it to your the folder switch/soh/mods.

For whatever reason I am not allowed to post links so yea.

AzraelJR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Ah alright. Thanks man!
No problem.

I was struggling with this for a really long time. Should thank Nickky9x for showing me it was possible which led me on a search finding out someone managed to do it for his Steam Deck and another for his Switch. And finally a solution.

Running OoT 3D using Citra core is mostly fine with minor stutters. I feel this is the best version you can get on Switch including emulation. Wish Djipi would port his 3DS textures to SoH.

Nohman90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No problem.

I was struggling with this for a really long time. Should thank Nickky9x for showing me it was possible which led me on a search finding out someone managed to do it for his Steam Deck and another for his Switch. And finally a solution.

Running OoT 3D using Citra core is mostly fine with minor stutters. I feel this is the best version you can get on Switch including emulation. Wish Djipi would port his 3DS textures to SoH.
I'm on the discord of SoH and Djipi is working on the port for SoH. Just no release date!

Reactions: AzraelJR

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is there an easy way to access all the options on the top of the screen? tapping so often doesnt seem to hit anything :/

ok i got it, the x button seems to do it.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
68747470733a2f2f6d656469612e646973636f72646170702e6e65742f6174746163686d656e74732f393730333236...jpg

Someone made a level up mod for soh. I forked it on github so I could update it with reloaded style textures as the original creator wanted it to stay original. If anyone wish's to check it out it will be released and Updated with the below links.

Credits to the original Creator:
Arrenton

MOD DESCRIPTION
When I say simple, we got your typical stats, Level, EXP, Attack, Strength (I call it Power), and Defense (Courage).Every enemy has a set fixed level and EXP reward, meaning as you level up you actually feel stronger.As an option (on by default), equips in the equipment menu modify stats. Such as the Goron Tunic providing +3 strength, but also reducing defense by 3.By default, but there is an option to disable these, you can gain extra hearts (up to +10) from leveling, and magic capacity scales with your level. Although, magic starts much lower than the original (1/4 of original).Level progression is setup in a way that you should never need to grind, but have the option to do so. Enemies and bosses give a good amount of EXP and Gold Skulltula tokens award EXP too.Navi can tell you the level and max HP of enemies.There are quite a few settings in the game menu bar under Leveled that can be used to tailor your own experience with the mod.Apologies for the low res gif. At the moment I don't have a way to record good video. If anyone wants more pics or if any information is missing I would be glad to accommodate!

soh_rU5cGOnBPu.gif
soh_H52Obxh8Qb.png

Here are the links
---------------------------
soh Leveled:
7.1.0-leveled Download

soh Reloaded 2.0 Leveled Texture Pack: - Includes some personal textures I've created for the mod and changed from reloaded!
Leveled-7.1.0 Reloaded 2.0 Download

Last edited by iiTzSamurai,

AzraelJR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I'm on the discord of SoH and Djipi is working on the port for SoH. Just no release date!
Cool!

I suddenly realised that Gamebanana has low res 3DS young and normal link. I wonder if it is possible to just upscale both and transfer those PNG files into the OTR file.
Post automatically merged:

Random question, has anyone tried using the Smash Bro's models mod with the Switch?
https://gamebanana.com/mods/445818

I was thinking after we extract the OTR file, we delete all the link PNG and the lines references in the manifest.json file, then we put those OTRs in?

Not sure for Zelda/Ganondorf/Sheika do we need to delete anything like those above?

EDIT: I managed to get it running by renaming the Reloaded OTR with a number 1 in front, then the rest in a continuous number as the prefix. I haven't tested for other crashes but so far seems ok.

Last edited by AzraelJR,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids