Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
pyrmon24 said:
Tanas said:
Second coming of Christ? there was never a first.
Atheist or not, Jesus did exist and is considered the Christ. So STFU. By the way, not christian.
Unless you can give me evidence of Jesus existence outside the bible then you STFU.
Even though I'm not an atheist I am gonna have to agree with you (though the STFU was not necessary).

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Duskye said:
MaxNuker said:
machomuu said:
It means they're announcing The World Ends With You 2. I can't wait.
THIS.

Now truly, wasnt the end of the world programmed to 2012? [irony]
That was the mayons.

This is about one priest some how finding the date in the bible somehow. And people believe him.
Already proven false.

Also, same with the 2012 thing, that was proven false too.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Tanas said:
pyrmon24 said:
Tanas said:
Atheist or not, Jesus did exist and is considered the Christ. So STFU. By the way, not christian.
Unless you can give me evidence of Jesus existence outside of the bible, then you STFU.

He's right here on this slice of toast!

UOqt8.jpg

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Duskye said:
MaxNuker said:
machomuu said:
It means they're announcing The World Ends With You 2. I can't wait.
THIS.

Now truly, wasnt the end of the world programmed to 2012? [irony]
That was the mayons.

This is about one priest some how finding the date in the bible somehow. And people believe him.
Already proven false.

Also, same with the 2012 thing, that was proven false too.
I know, I just wanted others opinion on it. I knew it was false right when I heard.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Tanas said:
pyrmon24 said:
Tanas said:
Unless you can give me evidence of Jesus existence outside of the bible, then you STFU.

He's right here on this slice of toast!

*snip*

imgknk.jpg

I win?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, please, please, PLEASE don't start that shit again. It'll lock yet another thread. Please, just be civilized.

On topic, people know that the Gregorian calender isn't accurate, so how can we just spout some random math and say that the world's gonna end?

And if it does, at least I read up on my zombie hunting skills.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Guys, please, please, PLEASE don't start that shit again. It'll lock yet another thread. Please, just be civilized.

On topic, people know that the Gregorian calender isn't accurate, so how can we just spout some random math and say that the world's gonna end?

And if it does, at least I read up on my zombie hunting skills.
If there were Zombies I doubt they wouldn't be civilized at least slightly.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxNuker said:
let me just say this

QUOTE said:
But Family Radio interprets one day as 1000 years making seven days equal 7000 years and since there was no year zero (hence, the minus one), we arrive at 4990 + 2011 - 1 = 7000 a.k.a. this year.

so... One day = 1000 years? how is that? XD
They seem to be guessing that it didn't take 7 years to create everything (right, IMO), but 7000 (Still a few hundred trillion years off).

@Pinesal
Not according to tons of morons. Also, that doesn't prove shit.

Also, even if their math is right, which it isn't, they aren't accounting for leap years. By this date it's passed.

EDIT: Some atheists are having a sexy party at Dorky's arcade. I wanna go TT_TT

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Camping declares to his Alameda Church that the rapture would occur in the fall of 1978. [unconfirmed]

In the original 1983 version of the "Fig Tree" Camping predicted that Israel would be destroyed in 1988. It never happened. [unconfirmed]
May 21, 1988

Beginning og the Tribulation: In 1988 Camping published the book "The Final Tribulation" where he states that no one can be saved once the Tribulation has started which according to him was May 21, 1988 (p.137-8 and 158)

End of the Church Age: Camping also claimed that May 21, 1988, the end of the church age, is supported by 721 revolutions of the stars, sun and planets. 721 Ceros

We will discover that some time earlier than 1994, God was finished using the churches to represent the kingdom of God. Thus, the wonderful jubilee year 1994 was a horrible year for the churches. All over the world, God was again saving countless numbers of people, but the churches remained under the spiritual rule of Satan. Truly, God was forever finished using the churches to represent the kingdom of God. The situation was just as it was in 1877 B.C., when the land of Canaan came under the complete rulership of the heathen, and in the year 587 B.C., when the land of Judea came under the rule of the king of Babylon
[WE ARE ALMOST THERE!, Harold Camping, first edition February 2008, p.41]

The information we have examined thus far assures us that the jubilee year 1994 was the end of a period of 2,300 days, during which virtually no one was being saved anywhere in the world. That fact helps us to discover the date of the end of the church age, which must coincide with the beginning of the 23-year (8,400-day) great tribulation. A time of 2,300 days is a few months longer than six years. Therefore, the end of the church age must have occurred six years earlier than the year 1994. Thus, it must have occurred in the year 1988.
[WE ARE ALMOST THERE!, Harold Camping, first edition February 2008, p.44]

...To discover the precise day in 1988 when the church age came to an end, we must remember that the church age was linked to the ceremonial day of the feast of weeks, which is also called the day of Pentecost...

...Since in the year 1988, Pentecost occurred on May 22, the last day of the church age would have been the day before May 22, which was May 21...

...Thus, May 21, 1988, was the official end of the church age and the official beginning of the great tribulation...

...Following the 2,300-day period, there are 6,100 days (8,400 – 2,300=6,100) remaining of the 23-year (8,400-day) period of the great tribulation. These 6,100 days, therefore, will end on May 21, 2011...
September 6, 1994

(Subsequently extended a few days, given the slight variations in the ancient calendars)

"When September 6, 1994, arrives, no one else can become saved. The end has come." (1994?, page 533)

"The results of this study indicate that the month of September of the year 1994 is to be the end of history." (1994?, pp. 532-533)

Only a year later he published another book, Are You Ready? Which continued to promote his 1994 deadline for humanity. (The Idiot's Guide to the Book of Revelation, p.251)

On September 7, 1994, Camping admitted that he had made a teensy-weensy little error in his precise calculations. The end would come closer to mid September. Then September 29. Then October 2. Then March 31, 1995 (The Idiot's Guide to the Book of Revelation, p.251)
September 15, 1994

"The Jewish Day of Atonement" [unconfirmed]
September 29, 1994

"The Jewish Feast of Tabernacles" [unconfirmed]
October 2, 1994

"Birth of Jesus" The actual birthday of Jesus as calculated by Camping. Claimed Christ was born Oct 2 (some reports say Oct 4th), in 7 B.C. and would return exactly 2,000 years later. [unconfirmed]
December 25, 1994

"Christmas" Camping claimed there was Biblical evidence for Christ's return on Christmas: the day of our traditional celebration of Christmas and Christ’s incarnation and birth, based on the statement in Revelation 11:10 that the enemies of God’s people would "send gifts one to another?" [unconfirmed]
February 25 / March 16 / March 31, 1995

"The Jewish Feast of Purim". (Claimed he knew the cycles of the universe, called Ceros, and this can predict the end). Camping claims this is "Watch # 1" of a new wave of dates. [unconfirmed]
September 24, 1995

Camping claimed that there is Biblical evidence of Christ returning "383 days" after September 6, 1994. [unconfirmed]

Camping claimed that September 24, 1995 is 721 + 91 Ceros(A ceros is little over 18 years - 223 lunar cycles or revolutions. A ceros is the complete revoluation of the sun, moon, stars and planets) - Camping claims that these revolutions can predict the end. [unconfirmed]

Camping also states that if you divide the 2300 days of Daniel 8 by the number 6 you get 383. Thus, according to Camping, you can add 383 days to September 6, 1994 and come to September 24, 1995. September 24, 1995 ends the magic 383 day period. [unconfirmed]
April 3, 1996

"Passover" (Watch # 3)- Camping claims that there is Biblical evidence of Christ returning 191 days after September 25, 1995 on the Passover. [unconfirmed]
May 3, 1996

Camping claims that there is a 30 day grace period after April 3, 1996 which Christ can return. [unconfirmed]

Based on the teaching that September 6, 1994 was the right date after all, but it was misunderstood. Camping now says September 6, 1994 was the beginning of the Great Tribulation, not Judgment Day. "Simple arithmetic would put the return of the Lord no later than 2008." [unconfirmed]
May 21, 2011

Harold Camping's current prediction. See below for more information...

May 21, 2011

Camping has written a new book entitled Time Has An End: A Biblical History of the World 11,013 BC - 2011 AD (Vantage Press: 2005). In this book he proclaims like a modern day prophet that the Church Age ended in 1988, 40 years after the beginning of the nation of Israel in 1948. This is also the beginning of the Great Tribulation in 1988. 1994 marks the beginning of the 2nd Jubilee (Later Rain). Previously, he said 1994 was to be the end of the world. The probable end of the world is now set at 2011 A.D.

This guy is a nut. He has made numerous failed predictions. As for proof that Jesus even came to this earth. You recognize that a man named Jesus walked this earth 2000 years ago each time you sign a check. Also,
Ancient historians have recognized that Jesus lived. One being the Jewish Historian, Josephus.

QUOTENow there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was the Christ, and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men among us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians so named from him are not extinct at this day.

My final take? There has always been date setters.... These people just want attention and money. "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." If he is so confident, Why is he still accepting cash donations?

pinesal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chao1212 said:
MaxNuker said:
let me just say this

QUOTE said:
But Family Radio interprets one day as 1000 years making seven days equal 7000 years and since there was no year zero (hence, the minus one), we arrive at 4990 + 2011 - 1 = 7000 a.k.a. this year.

so... One day = 1000 years? how is that? XD
They seem to be guessing that it didn't take 7 years to create everything (right, IMO), but 7000 (Still a few hundred trillion years off).

@Pinesal
Not according to tons of morons. Also, that doesn't prove shit.

Also, even if their math is right, which it isn't, they aren't accounting for leap years. By this date it's passed.

EDIT: Some atheists are having a sexy party at Dorky's arcade. I wanna go TT_TT

You asked for evidence, not proof.

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's some food for thought. The guy says that the earthquakes will go off at 6 am... PER TIME ZONE. Now lets think for a moment.
1. Time is a human invention
2. Time ZONES are a human invention
3. God is perfect. Why is he following imperfect human inventions
4. God prolly has a gold and diamond studded G-Shock
5. How does an imperfect human find the perfect time system aka the RIGHT time system.
6. The guy making this up does not have a gold and diamond studded G-Shock

End of story

HellBoyX1000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vgire.com
XP
Country
IMO, this is alot of BS.

Why are worrying about stuff that will never happen?
Everyone just need to take a chill pill and relax.

May 21st...Ooooo, I am scared....Yeah, the weather man is predicting rain. That means it's the end of the world??

I want everyone to just laugh at these "Experts" on May 22nd.

/rant

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro